Summer Bay's Romeo and Juliet

Guest Adelle2008

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 11

“Rachel what’s wrong with Belle?”

“I’m not sure at this moment but her blood pressure is very low, we are running tests now”

Irene and Aden sat down waiting anxiously.

“Rach” Aden stood up hastily.

“It seems Belle is suffering from severe stress, nothing that can’t be treated by medications”

“Oh thank heavens for that” Irene touched her cheeks with her hands.

“Can we go and see her?” Aden said apprehensively.

“Yes, but she is still sleeping” Rachel lead them into her room.

One of Belle’s hands was resting against her chest. Her arms were covered with several tubes. Aden grabbed Belle’s other hand. A tear ran down the side of his cheek, holding back more tears Aden suggested that he and Irene should let Belle get some rest. Three days later Belle started to vomit, it usually happened around the same time. She had her breakfast them would feel nauseous and the next thing she knew she was throwing up frenziedly. Belle assumed that it was the result of stress. It wasn’t until she was on her apple laptop that she saw an ad for Juno that made Belle think maybe she was pregnant.

“Oh my god” she whispered to herself.

{SB Gym}

“Seriously, Nicole what’s wrong?” Geoff scanned Nicole’s face for answers.

“Nothing” Nicole avoided eye contact, trying to walk passed him.

{Diner}

“What can I get my favourite girl in the world?” Roman stood behind the counter smiling at the fact that Nicole was in a grouchy mood as usual.

“Umm…can I get a slice of mud cake?”

“Okay sure”

“Actually make that two!” Nicole looked at her dad frantically.

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I just need chocolate”

Just as she sat down Belle arrived.

“Hey, mind if I sit down”

“It’s a free country” Nicole took a massive bite out of her cake.

“You don’t look so good, Belle”

“Hey I’ve been throwing up like crazy”

“Hmmm…..”

“I think I’m….”

“What”

“I think I’m pregnant”

“What again?!”

“What do you mean AGAIN?”

“I mean you thought you were pregnant ages ago and now you come to me AGAIN, and now you’re saying you think you’re pregnant AGAIN”

“Ahhh yeah”

“Nicole is everything alright?”

“You think you’re pregnant, well you know what Belle you’re not the only one in Summer Bay who can get pregnant!” Nicole was fired up.

“Nicole- -”

“You what just forget it!” Nicole stood up and left. Belle ran outside after her. It was an extrememly windy day and the waves were crashing against the rocks.

“Nicole, stop”

“What?”

“What did you mean back there?”

“Nothing”

“Nicole” Belle said in a serious tone.

“I said its nothing alright, just forget it”

“No, tell me”

“Okay, I think I’m pregnant”

“How is that even possible I mean you slept with Geoff ages ago”

Nicole stared blankly.

“Oh no Nicole, you didn’t...How could you do this to him, cheat on Geoff!”

“No I didn’t cheat, we slept together”

“Oh my god AGAIN…. that’s even worse!”

“I know, I know okay, but we’re in love and Geoff approved”

“Geoff approved are you kidding me!” The argument was starting to get intense, their voices were getting louder and louder, and it wasn’t just to try and talk over the sound of the waves.

“Nicole you’re corrupted the poor child!”

“He’s not a child Belle”

“Alright so we both think were pregnant”

“Yeah so I guess we should take the tests together, Dad and Aden won’t be home until later so we can do it at my place”

“Okay”

{Romans}

“Okay ready” Nicole took tests out of their boxes.

The door slammed shut, which made the girls jump.

“Aden, hey ….” Belle covered the tests with a cushion off the couch.

“Hi sweetie what are you doing”

“Nothing we were just about to go upstairs” As quick as a flash the two ran up the stairs, like elephants. Aden got the feeling that something was up, but decided to let the girls have their own space for the time being. Nicole and Belle both urinated on the sticks and were ready to wait for the results. However, Aden opened the bedroom door.

“Aden, have you ever heard of knocking!” Nicole yelled.

“Umm Nicole I live here”

“Yeah well this is my room so get out”

“My fiancée is in here I think I’m allowed to speak with her if I wish”

“So speak darling” Belle said sweetly.

“Well, actually kiss, and also to see what you two are up to”

“Oh were just planning to hook you up with Geoff at Colleens Christmas dinner next month” Belle smiled. Aden looked unimpressed.

“Okay I’m going” He kissed Belle on the cheek.

“Bye, love you” Belle blew a kiss.

“Oh that’s just GREAT” Nicole hit the side of her bed.

“What?”

“The tests are mixed up”

“Oh no, there’s something much worse” Belle eyes widened.

“What?”

“One’s positive”

“Oh crap”

I appreciate your feedback guys. Hope you like the chapter.

Chapter 12

Nicole and Belle were silence for the next fifteen minutes; their minds raced with infinite thoughts. Belle sat at the end of Nicole's bed completely zoned out. Nicole arms were around her legs curling up into a ball, fearing the worst. They both knew that another pregnancy test was the answer, however this time they had to arrange a place where there was more privacy. Geoff and his sister Annie, had been down in Yabby Creek all morning, they would be home by mid-day. Nicole certainly didn't want to give Geoff another pregnancy scare. The last time it happened Geoff was supportive about the whole thing but the way he spoke, it almost sounded as if he proposed. Belle was right, Nicole kind of had corrupted Geoff in a way, and he no longer dreaded the thought of sleeping with Nicole.

*Flashback*

"Oh my god, you slept with her didn't you"

"No Belle you can't tell anyone"

"No don't worry I wont, I just can't believe it"

"I know! I think she wants to do it again"

"Well, you couldn't have been that bad"

"Oh Belle please"

"Geoff it happens to people sooner or later, lots of teens do it"

"That doesn't make it right"

Geoff beliefs about sex seemed to have gone out the window. Belle wasn't sure how her boyfriend would react, this scared her. Belle always wanted to have a child of her own one day, but at the age of 20 it was just too young for her to even imagine being a mother at this age. She also had doubts since her mother killed herself when she was only six. Belle didn't want to be like her mother. The only memories she had of her mother and step-father was of them fighting. Belle's real dad left when she was 2 years old. Her father was always busy working the relationship with her mother Irena didn't work, so they divorced. Now Belle's mother's name was Irena! Irena! Her present foster mother's name is Irene. Irene questioned Belle about her past when she first arrived in Summer Bay but Belle refused to open up. There was always the thought in the back of her mind, what if Irene was like her mother. But the entire idea of Irene being just like her mother was preposterous. Was it even possible?

"Okay let's go and buy another freakin' test" Belle broke the silence the thought of her mother just made her mad.

Nicole shook her head regaining focus.

"Do-do you want to do it now?"

"Yes Nicole now the sooner the better"

Nicole jumped off the bed quickly. Belle was starting to get serious.

"Okay ready" It was 11:30ish by the time the girls got back. Their palms were sweaty, their heart pounding like a beating drum. In spite of their previous plan to choose a private place to take the tests, they decided to go to Belle's place. Two minutes had never felt so slow in their lives. The sound of the clock ticking was louder than usual. Somehow all their senses had become very sensitive.

"Oh my god, oh no"

Nicole and Belle looked down at the test to see the colour changing. Belle's hand was shaking uncontrollably, trying to hold the test still.

"It-It can't'

But before Nicole could say anything to keep her calm, Belle fled the room. Hours later on Nicole's way back home from the Surf Club playing pool with Ruby and Melody; she spotted Belle on the beach.

"Hey I went looking for you this morning, how you doing?"

"Oh just fine, thanks for asking Nicole Ritchie" This is what Belle would call Nicole if she aggravated her. Aden liked calling Nic "princess". Nicole got a glimpse of her eyes they were red and wet.

"Just leave me alone!" Belle rubbed her eyes, causing them to turn even redder.

"Just let me help you Belle, please" cried Nicole.

"There is nothing you can do or say that will make me feel better now get lost!"

Belle eyed her sinisterly. Nicole didn't budge.

"No, I'm staying right here with you" Nicole placed one hand on her shoulder to comfort her, this although was a bad idea. This had spontaneous effect; Belle punched the side of Nicole's face. Nicole's lip was bleeding, along with a bloody scratch along the side of her face. Geoff standing from a distance saw the whole thing. Although he did not know what caused Belle to react this way.

"Nic! Are you alright?" Geoff ran from the top of the hill.

"Yeah, I'm-I'm okay, I was just leaving"

"Yeah you better leave" Belle said in nasty voice.

It was night time and the temperature had dropped significantly since the morning. It was now 12 degrees. Despite the cold temperature there was a magnificent full moon shining in the night sky. It was close to 8 and Irene hadn't heard from Belle, if she was staying over at Aden's she would call Irene, to reassure her she was still alive and safe.

"Hello, Aden speaking"

"Oh hi darl, I was just wondering if I could speak to Belle?" Irene made the assumption that Belle was safe at Aden's and had just forgotten to ring.

"What, Belle's not here"

"Are you sure love?"

"Yes Irene I'm sure"

"Oh my goodness"

"What, what's wrong?"

"Belle hasn't come home, and her phone is at home"

"What are you saying, she's missing?"

"I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation"

"I'll help find her, just a sec" Aden took the phone away from his ear, Nicole walked through the door, with her bloodied lip which now had formed a scab.

"Nic have you seen Belle?" Aden said in a worried voice.

"Nope, not since this morning when she punched me"

"What Belle punched you?"

"That's what I said!" Nicole raised her voice.

"Why would she do such a thing, Irene is on the phone and says she's missing, do you have any idea where she would be?"

"No?" Nicole was shocked.

"Hey Irene, Belle apparently hit Nicole this morning, it seems they had an argument, Nicole has no idea where she might be"

"Oh dear" Irene's eyes widened realizing Belle was indeed missing.

"I'll help you search for her"

"Okay I'll see you soon". Irene hung up the phone. Irene started panting, anxiety flooded her body.

Aden had gone with Roman and Nicole to look for Belle, they searched the beach, the diner, the caravan park, every possible place they could think of they searched, they even checked at Jai and Miles. When they asked Colleen she completely flipped, wanting to offer as much help as she could she rushed outside searching in the weirdest places you could think of.

"Colleen I doubt Belle hiding under a Caravan" Nicole stared at her; eyes met her fathers conveying the question Dad is Colleen some kind of alien life form? "Well you never know where kids these days play hide and seek"

"Belle isn't playing a game Colleen, this is serious" Aden tried to set her straight.

Irene informed Aden, Roman and Nicole to stop searching for the night and try in the morning. When Irene arrived home Geoff and Annie were in bed, the washing up had been done and everything was tidy. Irene wanted to check Belle's room one final time. She opened the door, her eyes searched the room, and there was no sign of her. Irene saw her window was open and decided to close it, Belle lamp was turned on as well but prior to turning the lamp off Irene discovered a letter on her pillow. Irene sat on the bed and opened the envelope inside there was two letters one addressed to Irene and the other was for Aden. Irene opened the letter,

Irene,

I'm so sorry but I've decided to leave Summer Bay for a few days just to clear my head, I'm not sure if or when I'll be back but I couldn't face you after what I did to Nicole. Plus, I found out today that I am pregnant. I am scared to face you and Aden. I just hope you can forgive me. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. I am so sorry Irene. Can you please give Aden the other letter for me? Please try to understand why I'm doing this. Also if you could tell Nicole I'm sorry for hitting her. I was angry and I didn't mean for it to happen.

Love Belle xx.

Chapter 13

“Hey Irene have you found Belle?” Irene dropped in to see Aden at his place.

“No love, but I found this, a letter from Belle”

Aden,

I’m really sorry but I have decided to leave Summer Bay for a while to sort myself out. I’m really sorry you had to find out this way. Aden, I don’t know what I’m doing anymore, or why I’m doing it, I don’t even know who I am anymore. All these questions I ask myself and still there are no answers. All I have been doing is thinking, thinking and thinking. I am changing into a horrible person, it scares me. Today I punched Nicole in the face, punched! Now I know you have been dying to watch me and Nicole to wrestle each other. But my recent behaviour is just not me. The only reason I hit her was because she wanted to help me and I was to full of myself to accept it. The truth is Aden, I’m pregnant and I know you have just started to get your life back on track and now this happens. I so scared Aden, I’m scared you’re not going to be here for me. I don’t want to lose you; you are the best thing that’s ever happened to me.

Belle xx

p.s I love you Aden.

Aden placed the letter down, all he could do was cry, cry because Belle was too scared to face him and didn’t trust that he would be there to support her regardless of their current life circumstances. This made him angry but his angry turned to tears. Nicole could hear Aden nose sniffing she knew straight away he had been crying. She strutted in the room and offer sympathy. But Aden’s response was

“I’ve told you a thousand times to knock before you enter”

“So-ri! I thought you might need company”

“Well I don’t, so just leave scar face”

“You don’t Belle did the right thing by you, you’re such a loser”

“Get out, you’re nothing but a skank Nicole” Aden pushed her out of the room forcefully, he didn’t want to physically hurt Nicole just get her out of his face. Aden then kicked his bed taking out his frustration.

{Annie’s bedroom}

“Oh my god, shut up” Ruby playfully smacked Annie with her pillow. The two had arranged a sleepover for the night. Ruby wanted to distract Annie from Belle’s disappearance.

“Its soo obvious you’re hot for him!” Annie dodged a second pillow strike.

“Am not, he’s the last person I want to be with”

Even though schoolies had been weeks ago, some remained in the bay for a longer vacation. Ben Dugger was one of them. Ruby had taken a liking to him, but she was never going to admit it. Ben had naturally brown hair but had several blonde streaks, his eyes were chocolate brown. Annie was desperate to find out whether Ruby liked him or not.

“Just tell him Ruby”

“No” she said taking a sip of her coke-a-cola.

“Oh hello Jai”

“Hi Irene, is Annie home?”

“Yeah love she’s in her room with Ruby”

“Okay thanks”

“Hey guys”

“Hey” Annie pushed the nail polish aside.

“Hey” Ruby fixed her hair.

“Umm what are you guys doing?”

“What does it look like Jai? We’re doing our nails, hair and reading magazines!”

“Not to mention, talking about BOYS” Ruby said with a smile.

“Okay I just wanted to give you this” Jai handed back Annie her jacket, she had left it at his place the day she got trapped in a drain pipe. Miles was nice enough to wash and dry it for Annie, since it was covered in mud.

“Okay, I gonna go now you so you girls can continue your female bonding ritual”

{Romans}

“Morning Aden” Roman was cooking mountains of bacon.

“What’s with all the bacon?”

“Ohh…well you know Nicole she eats like a whale” This brought a smile to Aden’s face, he hadn’t gotten much sleep he had spent most of the night crying.

“Hey, you are alright?” Roman noticed Aden’s miserable mood.

“Yeah” Aden said quietly, Nicole walked in avoiding Aden’s eye contact she pushed passed him.

“Ohhh… yummy is this bacon for me”

“Yes and Aden” Roman realized there was tension between his daughter and Aden.

“Is everything alright between you too?”

“Yep” they said in sync.

“Okay, let me rephrase that what’s going on?”

“Oh nothing Aden’s just being his cheerful self as usual” Aden stared at her intensely.

“Nicole just doesn’t know when to keep her nose out of other people’s business”

“I’m sorry do I look like Colleen to you?”

“Well you two have similarities, there’s no doubt about it!”

“Okay that’s enough!” Roman spoke in a serious tone.

Just as Roman turned away from them, there was a knock at the door.

“Can you get that please?”

“What me?”

“Yes Nicole now!”

Nicole stormed towards the front door and opened it. There standing infront of her was a young girl; she looked around the same age as Nicole. The unfamiliar person had straight brown hair and brown eyes.

“Hi” Nicole said politely.

“Hello, I’m Rachel, Belle’s little sister”

Nicole was stunned; she never knew Belle had a sister.

“Oh sorry, Belle doesn’t live here”

“Yeah I know I’m not that dumb” Rachel laughed sweetly.

“So if you’re not here for Belle, then who would you like to see?”

“Roman”

“Dad! Dad! Belle’s little sister is here and wants to speak with you”

Aden was still in the kitchen eating his bacon but once he heard the words “Belle’s sister” he headed in the lounge room.

“Rachel hello, long time no see” Roman gave her a big friendly hug.

“Yeah I know, I’m staying here for the holidays” Rachel lived in North Queensland; she attended a very prestigious school of arts. Rachel was a very talented singer.

Roman laughed “So I’m guessing you want to stay in the spare room upstairs”

“Please” Rachel gave him another smile.

“No problem”

“Then I’m going to go and see Belle”

“Oh Rach, I’m sorry but Belle is missing, well she’s gone away for a while”

“What?” Rachel mouth opened slightly.

Roman indicated Rachel to sit down. “Well she found out that she’s- -”

“Pregnant, I know but why would she- -”

“Leave, because she was scared of- -”

“Of raising a child” Rachel finished his sentence. Roman was like a father figure to Rachel they knew each other very well.

“Yeah this is Aden Jefferies”

“Belle’s fiancée!” Belle and Rachel kept in contact via msn; they would stay up for several hours talking about anything and everything. So Rachel was well informed about who was in Belle’s life and what kind of person they were. One tiny detail that Belle didn’t mention was Geoff had been dating Nicole Franklin. Rachel and Geoff were best friends but about a year an half ago the two fell in love. Rachel was offered the opportunity of a life time to study at the best school of arts in Australia. She chose the school but Geoff and Rachel remained best friends. Rachel still had feelings for Geoff. Rachel lost her virginity to Geoff and vise versa. Nicole and Belle like everyone else was unaware that Geoff first time was at the age of 16 and it hadn’t been with Nicole on the island but it was in fact with Belle’s sister. The strange thing was Rachel, Nicole and Melody was unaware that they were all in love with the same guy. Rachel came to Summer Bay wanting to spend time with Belle and Geoff.

“Anyway I think I might go and see Geoff then”

“Oh he’s at the movies with Jai”

“Ohh okay, well I guess I’ll see him later”

“Yeah well he’s coming over to our place for dinner tonight”

Rachel eyes lit up with excitement.

“Really?” she smiled enthusiastically.

“Yeah, why?”

“Oh nothing, I’m just looking forward to seeing bible boy again”

It was quarter past six when Geoff arrived outside Romans place. Irene had dropped him off.

“Cya love”

“Bye Irene” he gave her a kiss on the side of her cheek.

“Ta-Ta” Irene responded again.

Geoff walked up to the front door; he was looking forward to a nice meal with his girlfriend.

Rachel, Nicole and Aden were all sitting in the lounge room watching Hairspray. Just as Tracy was about to sing “Welcome to the sixties” Geoff knocked on the door.

“That’ll be Geoff” Nicole stood up elegantly and pranced towards the door.

“Hey Nic” Geoff smiled at Nicole but then spotted a beautiful young lady seated on the couch.

“Rach” Geoff said in a flabbergasted voice.

The two former love birds exchanged looks. Rachel had just realized Nicole had been much more than just a friend.

let me know what you think.

Archived