Summer Bay's Romeo and Juliet

Guest Adelle2008

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just a mini profile I provided to summarise Belle's past and family.

Belle Taylor: 19 years old, engaged to Aden Jefferies, pregnant

Background: Due to her brother being sexually abused by her step-father who was a priest Belle has rejected Christianity. As Belle was deeply traumatized by the horrifying acts her step-father inflicted on her brother she can not physically enter a church, doesn't read or like touching the bible and hates necklaces with the cross on it. Belle likes to keep to herself about her past and her family. Irene (Belle's foster mother) is unaware of Belle's family and disturbing past.

Mother: Irena (deceased) committed suicide when Belle was six years old.

Father: Blake Piers, Belle's father and mother devoiced when she was two.

Step-father: known as Uncle Charlie (deceased, died in car accident), a priest

Step-Sister: Rachel 17 years old, dated Geoff, Rachel follows Christian faith. She is unaware of Ty's abuse.

Background: Rachel is a combination of Geoff and Nicole. Her religion is important to her like Geoff but Rachel loves shopping, partying and isn't afraid of breaking some rules even if it goes against her religion. Growing up Rachel was overindulged with money, allowing her to buy whatever she wanted. In spite of Belle's family being a bit messed up her family was extremely rich, Rachel took advantage of this and refused to get a job to purchase commodities. Belle however on the other hand encouraged Rachel to get a job and Belle hates using her father's inheritance to buy things. Although Rachel does sound like a stuck up teenager she is very well-mannered, kind, possess empathy and always puts other people before herself.

Step-Brother: Ty (deceased) follows Christian faith, died at the age of 23 years old due to HIV/AIDS contracted through sexual abuse (Aden is unaware that Belle's brother had been abused as a child). Ty made Belle promise not to tell anyone about the abuse, not even their own sister. As a result of the abuse Ty developed an eating disorder at the age of 18. Ty had a brother type relationship with Geoff.

7650831935a8654011513ml.jpg

Ty and Rachel

The characters appearance Ty and Rachel are based on neighbours. (I know home and away is way better than neighbours, but I like Rachel and Ty they are the only characters I like)

Chapter 14

“What are you doing here?” Geoff was dumbfounded.

“It’s my school holidays and I thought I’d visit Belle but it seems that she’s disappeared”

“Ohh I see” Geoff wasn’t sure how to react.

“Yeah so I’m staying here for the next two weeks”

“That’s awesome, have you met Nicole?”

“Yeah, I’m staying here, is she your girlfriend?”

“Y-Yes” Geoff could feel his face get hotter; butterflies had awoken and were fluttering wildly inside. He realized instantly that his feelings for Rachel had come back, however Geoff facial expression remained normal, so Nicole or Rachel for that matter wouldn’t notice his attraction towards Rachel.

“Well I guess you’ll be joining us for dinner then” Geoff laughed hiding his true feelings.

“Looks like it” Rachel smiled, trying to convince Geoff and Nicole that everything would be alright. After all, it was just dinner. It was just dinner with the love of her life. It was just dinner with Nicole, his new girlfriend. Who was she kidding?

Nicole was oblivious to the fact that Geoff and Rachel had been in a relationship.

“So let’s go and eat dinner then”

Aden was lying on the couch watching the rest of “Welcome to the sixties” throughout the awkward conversation.

“Anyway, I gotta go guys Irene wants me to work tonight” Aden swiftly jumped off the couch, departing the room.

“Shall we?” Geoff pointed to the kitchen.

Nicole had prepared a lovely roast with gray and vegetables. Throughout the dinner Geoff and Rachel exchanged looks, while Nicole was more interested in her plate than Geoff.

“So how did you two meet?” Rachel broke the silence.

“Ummm at school” Geoff shoveled in a large scoop of mashed potato.

“Right- -” So far Rachel wasn’t enjoying her time in Summer Bay, her sister was missing and Geoff had been seeing someone else. All she wanted to do was leave the exceedingly awkward dinner and lock herself in her room (the spare room) and pump the volume up to maximum on her ipod.

“How long have you been seeing each other?” Rachel asked gulping down some orange juice. Rachel wanted to know everything about their relationship; she began to feel extremely jealous.

Finally the night was over; Geoff and Nicole were standing at the front door, Rachel walked towards the staircase and turned her head to farewell Geoff when she saw the two kissing. She wanted to throw up, how could he possibly like this blonde bimbo. Rachel was too hurt to say anything to Geoff and darted upstairs as quickly as she could.

“Morning Rachel” Roman greeted her as she enter the kitchen.

“Morning” she was still upset from last night, her eyes were sore; her pillow was probably very wet from all the tears she produced during the night.

“Hey!” Nicole said in a high pitched voice.

“Yeah hi…” Rachel murmured to herself.

“Now I’ve cooked pancakes, you can have them with strawberry jam or maple syrup” Roman said optimistically.

“I’m not really hungry” Rachel poured a glass of water.

Nicole noticed Rachel’s sorrowful mood, “Hey are you alright?”

“Yeah no thanks to you” she murmured again. “Yeah I’m fine, just tired that’s all didn’t get much sleep” she turned her face and stared her in the eyes directly with a fake smile. Rachel didn’t want to cause any trouble but she did not like Nicole one bit. She wasn’t the only one; Melody Jones also had a major crush on Geoff and hated Nicole. In October at the Halloween party Melody called her “a vacuous cow”.

{Diner}

“Hey love, how was your first night?” Irene said whilst making a chicken and lettuce sandwich.

“Ahhh….it was alright I guess” trying to sound as if everything was perfectly fine.

“I’m gonna go and sit down” Rachel sat at one of the tables inside the diner. At the table there was several girlfriend and surf magazines placed in the middle. Normally she would want to read the latest fashion trends and embarrassing stories but she didn’t feel like it instead she opened her apple laptop and surfed the net. Since her friends from school were away overseas she stayed in contact via msn, the strange thing was when she logged on there was someone familiar logged on.

“Oh my god” Rachel whispered, looking behind her making sure no one could see the conversation box.

♥ Rachel ♥ : Hey sis, where are you????

xx Adelle xx : What do you mean? I’m at home.

♥ Rachel ♥ : No your not! Apparently you’re missing?

xx Adelle xx : How do you know? Did Geoff tell you?

♥ Rachel ♥ : No, I’m in Summer Bay for the holidays I was going to surprise you. Oh and by the way why the hell didn’t you tell me Geoff was dating Nicole!!!??

xx Adelle xx : I’m sorry, Rachie.

♥ Rachel ♥ : I hate you.

{Rachel has logged off}

Chapter 15

Jai organizes an all teen sleepover party. Aden, Annie, Geoff, Ruby, Nicole, Melody and Rachel were invited. Miles is sleeps over his girlfriends house Leah.

{At Miles}

Aden and Nicole arrived together, with their sleeping bags and country road bags. Nicole lugged several bags of her belongings inside. Annie was already there with her boyfriend.

“Nicole you do realize your only staying one night?” Annie was astounded.

“Duh”

Moments later Melody and Ruby arrived it was close to six. Everyone was there except Geoff and Rachel.

“Hey where are Geoff and Rachel?” Ruby said setting up her sleeping bag.

“Geoff is at youth group, it doesn’t finish until six, so he’ll be here soon” Annie replied.

“And where is Rachel?” Melody asked amiably, she had no idea that Rachel like her and Nicole was in love with bible boy.

“I’m right here!” Rachel walked in with a large fluffy pillow covered with rainbow spots.

Aden greeted Rachel with a smile.

“Where’s Geoff” Rachel faced Melody blocking Nicole from the conversation.

“He’ll be he soon” Melody then eyed Nicole in a daunting way.

“Yay you’re finally here” Nicole threw her arms around him and then kissed him on the cheek. Geoff giggled, but then spotted Rachel on the couch. Rachel watched Geoff for a moment then returned to her dolly magazine.

“Now everybody’s here, why don’t we play a game?” suggested Ruby.

“Okay what did you have in mind?” Melody said ecstatically.

“I know, how about truth or dare” Ruby responded instantaneously.

“Okay I’ll go first” Melody said twirling her hair.

“I choose Aden, truth or dare?”

“Truth” said Aden

“Who would you turn gay for?”

“Like someone from Summer Bay?’

“Yep” Melody shook her head in a satisfied manner.

“Oh definitely Geoff” Nicole laughed remembering their inside joke.

“Okay my turn” Jai raised his hand.

“I choose Rachel”

Rachel was day dreaming.

“Rach do you want truth or dare?” Jai said trying to wake her up.

“Oh umm dare” not thinking about her answer.

“Okay then, I dare you to….. kiss…….Geoff” Rachel flinched she head the words kiss and Geoff.

“What? You want me to what?” said Rachel realizing what she had just gotten herself into.

“Come on its all part of the game! Don’t be a chicken, it’s alright it’s just a game!” Nicole said lightheartedly.

Geoff and Rachel glanced at each other with fear; they both were struggling to hide their feelings from each other and everybody else. Rachel swallowed. Geoff heart pounded rapidly. Rachel’s palms were getting sweaty.

“Can’t you dare me to do something else; I don’t feel comfortable with this!” Rachel pleaded.

“Come on guys seriously, it’s just a kiss!” Jai said in a persuasive voice.

“Oh and it’s got to go for 30 seconds!” Ruby butted in.

“What come guys!” Geoff started to panic.

“Do it!” Aden said rhythmically.

“Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!” everyone joined in.

“Alright fine”

“Ready, steady, go!” added Annie.

Geoff leaned towards Rachel; their hearts were pounding a million miles an hour, Geoff held her face with his hand softly. Getting closer and closer, their lips touch. Rachel pecked his bottom lip, while Geoff retuned the kiss. Rachel forgot about everybody in the room and ran her hand threw his hair. 15 seconds passed and everyone could see the passion within the kiss. Nicole’s smile slowly faded realizing that her boyfriend was in fact enjoying it. Melody was also taking notice of the chemistry between them.

“30 seconds is up!” Ruby said quickly hoping it would break the kiss.

“Okay is everybody happy now!” Rachel said cantankerously.

Melody and Nicole were displeased; Rachel could feel her eyes filling with water.

“I’m-I’m……gonna go”

“Wait- -” Annie cried.

Rachel ran out the door holding back tears.

{Romans} The next morning

“Hey you are alright Rachel?” Aden entered her bedroom.

“Yep I’m fine”, she had been practicing her singing all morning hoping it would take her mind off things.

“Are you sure?” Aden said benevolently.

“Yeah, hey how are you coping by the way, you know without Belle?”

It had been four days since Belle left Summer Bay. It had been four day since he found out that he was going to be a father.

“Yeah - - I miss her so much” Aden said with a heartbreaking look.

“Why do you think she left?”

“I don’t know, I think it was because she thought I wouldn’t be there for her, I mean how could she think such a thing, I’m looking forward to being a parent” he started to cry.

“But you’re only 19, it’s a bit young to be a father I wouldn’t blame you for being scared”

“I’m not scared, well I am kind of of, but everyone gets scared” Aden said stalwartly.

“Did you ever plan on having children in the future?” Rachel questioned graciously.

“Umm well you see, it’s hard for me to say because I’m not sure whether I would make a good father or not, I didn’t exactly have the best role model to look up to as a child”

“So you are scared then”

“No, well yeah….its because ……when I was a child…….i was abused- -” Aden eyes looked at the floor in shame.

Rachel was silence, her mouth opened slightly.

“I’m so sorry Aden…I- -” Rachel touched his shoulder.

“Its okay…..I’m just so scared that I’ll - - - hurt my child, I don’t want to continue the cycle of abuse”

“Belle says that you’re a very loyal, sensitive and gentle young man, I don’t think you’ll ever hurt your child Aden”

“You don’t understand…Rach…”

“Let me try”

“Well it’s just I love Belle and she is the best thing that’s ever happened to me, now we are having a child of our own, never in my life have I had such precious things enter my life, and I’m scared that I will jeopardize that”

“By?”

“By hurting them”

“Aden, you’re not going to hurt them” Rachel said in a serious tone.

“But what if”

“No what if’s! I bet once Belle knows you’re there for her and the baby she’ll be thrilled, because she trusts you and knows you would never do anything to hurt her or the baby, trust me”

Aden was still crying, but what Rachel had said was starting to sink in.

“I love Belle so much; I just wish I could tell her that”

“She already knows that, but I bet you she’ll be back soon”

“Yeah” Aden said inaudibly.

“So how about that hot kiss with Geoff last night, I had no idea that you were into Christian boys!” Aden laughed.

“Shut up, no one asked you!” Rachel flashed a big smile.

Archived