Summer Bay's Romeo and Juliet

Guest Adelle2008

Chapter 16

It took Rachel two days to recover fully after kiss with Geoff; the feelings about him obviously didn't go away however she did not feel embarrassed. To avoid running into Melody, Nicole or any of the other of her so called friends she locked herself in her room, and only left to eat, drink or depose of waste. But Rachel finally gained enough strength to face the outside world again. It was around 10 o'clock, feeling severely dehydrated and not fully awake she decided to grab a coffee at the diner. She was on her way to the library with her laptop to do some extra study before she went back to her school when she decided to stop on the way. Rachel didn't want to sit inside as the diner would likely be swapped by Summer Bay high students. Summer Bay High started at 8 in the morning and their first lunch break was 10 o'clock.

"G'day love its nice and warm out here, what would you like?"

"Just a coffee please"

"Well just between you and me the coffee beans this week have been specially imported from Spain"

"Wow, that's great, really…..great" her mind was now focused on the exceptionally attractive looking figure in the far right corner of her eye. Geoff glanced for three seconds at her then continued to walk back to school

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah….yeah…I mean yes! Of course, why would anything be wrong?" Rachel pretending she was thinking about what was on the screen of her laptop.

"I'll just go and get that coffee for you, won't be long" Irene smiled gently slapping her on the shoulder.

Adelle has just signed in.

Rachel: Hey Belle!

Adelle: Hey look I'm really sorry about not telling you about Nicole and Geoff, I should have!

Rachel: No don't be sorry, I'm the one who should be sorry, the way I spoke to you last time I was out of line. I'm just going to have to deal with these feelings. Nicole is a nice person and she deserves to be with Geoff.

Adelle: That's very mature of you…

Rachel: Yeah by the way….umm Aden told me about the abuse he suffered at the hands of his grandfather Belle I'm sorry to hear that. It must have been a traumatic experience for him to go through especially as a child.

Adelle: Yeh it was, I sorry I couldn't tell you.

Rachel: that's alright its understandable. Listen about Aden he's not coping well without you, you really need to talk to him.

Adelle: I know but I'm just so scared Rach.

Rachel: Why? Aden told me that he's looking forward to being a father, he's just afraid of hurting you or the baby

Adelle: What do you mean??

Rachel: Well he seems to have this idea in his head that he will abuse his child.

Adelle: What!? Aden would never do that

Rachel: I know! That's what I said to him, it kind of sunk in but I think he's still scared. You need to come back, don't run away from your problems Taylor it will do no good.

Adelle: You're right Rach, I really do think its time to come back and face this.

Rachel: So when do you think you'll be back?

Adelle: Tomorrow morning hopefully!

Rachel: Yay can't wait, I'm so sick of thinking about Geoff 24/7, at least with you here I won't be thinking about him.

Adelle: Gee thanks…lol

Rachel: What you are!

Adelle: ha-ha alright…alright… I'll see you soon!!

Rachel: Bye-Bye

"Here's your coffee sorry it took so long" Irene placed the coffee down on the costar.

"That's okay"

"So are you going to the Camp with Geoff?"

"What camp"

"The church is organizing a camp for youth group."

"Oh well.... I might go"

Coming up...

• Camp:True feelings will be revealed. Who will Geoff choose Meldoy, Rachel or Nicole?
  • Belle is back, will Aden and Belle decide to become parents?
  • A school dance is coming up, But who will take who?
  • Cassie is back but why?
  • A car crashes...will the person in the car survive?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 17

{Romans}

"Well look what the cat dragged in" Nicole was flicking several pages of the November issue of girlfriend.

"Look I'm really sorry for what happened at Jai's sleepover, it didn't mean anything"

Nicole didn't look convinced. "Yeah… then if it didn't mean anything why have you been hiding away in your room for the last two days? You know its bad enough my boyfriend has a crazy religious freak completely obsessed with him and now you"

"Look we're just friends, and I don't want to cause any trouble Nicole, I hope that we can still be friends, and by the way Melody isn't a religious freak"

"So you're telling me that you're not into Geoff at all?"

"No, he's my best friend that's all, his friendship means the world to me, and I would never want to jeopardize that"

"Alright, so are you going to the Youth group camp?" Nicole still felt a bit unsure whether Rachel was telling the truth after the kiss her boyfriend and her shared Nicole couldn't help but feel skeptical.

"Well, I wasn't going to because I felt unwelcome but if it's cool with you I would like to go" Rachel waited eagerly for Nicole's response.

"Why wouldn't you be welcome?"

"I want to hang with Geoff, but I wasn't sure whether it would be alright with you"

"Of course, I don't mind" Nicole pulled a fake smile.

{Irene's}

"So you sure you and Rachel are just friends?" Annie tried to get a straight answer from her brother.

"Yes, Rachel and I are just friends!" Geoff was also in denial of his feelings, his friendship with Rachel meant everything to him as well. Rachel brought out a different side in Geoff, when he was with her he just felt so unperturbed, Rachel saw no flaws in Geoff, and vice versa.

"Hey Rach!" Annie threw her arms around Rachel.

"Hi Annie, guess what I'm coming to the camp"

"Really that's awesome" Annie said in a high pitched voice.

"Yeah…that's great..." Geoff looked confused, but flashed a small smile.

"Yeah I spoke to Nicole and explained everything about you and me"

"What! What do you mean?"

"Oh, I mean that I told her that we were just friends nothing more"

Geoff looked relieved for a second he thought Rachel was talking about the time he and Rachel slept together. Not even Belle knew that they had slept together. They were only 16. Belle's lost her virginity at the age of 17.

{Camp}

"Alright...G'day everybody I would like to welcome you to camp, my name is Ben and I'll be your mentor for the next couple days, you will take part in a number of games, but the first activity everybody I'm hoping will participate in is the talent contest"

"Sounds like fun" Melody whispered to Geoff.

"Now I'm sure everyone knows Colleen Summer Bay's gossip queen….woops I mean the one and only judge of Summer Bay's talent contest"

"Who's going to enter the competition? Annie? Geoff?" asked Nicole

"Umm no, I'll think I'm just gonna watch" Annie sat down.

"How about you Geoff" Jai repeated Annie's question.

"Ahhh…I don't have a talent"

"There's no such thing as no talent" Ben was listening to the conversation. "Come on Campbell you have to do something if you want you can have a partner"

"Rachel what about you, have any idea what you might do?" asked Melody.

"I'm just going to watch with Annie"

"Hang on don't you go to a rich snobby school of arts"

"So…"

"So doesn't that mean you have some sort of talent?"

"Well I can sing, but I'm not really in the mood"

"Guys just a reminder the winner wins a mountain load of chocolate" Ben yelled trying to talk over the noise.

"Okay maybe I'll give it ago"

Rachel stood up and took hold of the microphone. She was nervous she had sung a thousand times in front of crowds but Geoff was there and she wanted to sing at her very best to impress him.

"I open my eyes the world seems a different place the colours are brighter and the air is sweet to taste…..its time I learn to fall, to say the word goodbye, to feel the sunlight on face, baby that's means I'm ready to fly, I want breathe in breathe out be who I am, let go and feel want to feel alive, I'm ready to fly, the moment you hold me back you set me free you held my heart tight, baby I'm ready to fly"

Rachel sang at the top of her lungs. Geoff had it bad, butterflies raced inside his stomach. His heart raced while his palms were sweaty. There was no a doubt in his mind, he was in love with her still. Throughout the song Rachel stared at him sneakily flashing a flirtatious smile at him. Nicole wasn't the only one who noticed Geoff's body language towards Rachel throughout the song. She couldn't control her jealously, and stared at her sinisterly.

{Irene's}

"Irene… Irene are you home?" Belle barged through the kitchen door with her luggage. No one was home; Belle figured that she was working.

{Diner}

"Just be careful with that love, its expensive crockery"

"Yep, sure no problem" Aden was carrying at least seven plates.

"Oh my goodness! Welcome back girlie, where have you been?" Irene dropped the tea towel she was using to wipe of the crumbs off the table.

"Just away, to clear my head, where's Aden I need to speak with him?' Belle looked at Irene desperately. All she wanted and needed was a kiss and a hug from him.

"..Belle..." Aden was shocked he wasn't sure if his eyes were deceiving him.

"Aden…I'm so sorry" Belle walked closer.

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry"

"Just shut up and kiss me" Belle threw her arms around him and held him tightly. Aden squeezed her not wanting to let go.

"God, I've missed you so much" Aden tears were forming in his eyes, any minute they would drop and make their way down his soft cheeks.

"We really need to talk" Belle said instantaneously.

"I know" Aden kissed her on the side of her cheek.

Aden and Belle walked home and discussed their feelings in relation to the baby and Aden's fear of abuse. Finally they came to an agreement and decided that they were ready to be parents and they would guide each other through motherhood and fatherhood together. Aden told Belle that she would make an "amazing mother". Belle responded by reassuring her fiancée that he too would make an exceptional father.

{Irene's}

"We should think of baby names" Aden said enthusiastically.

"..Now..." Belle wasn't expecting to discuss baby names until later on.

"Yeah" Aden took her hand a kissed it.

"Okay then"

"I like the name Aden"

"Oh yeah well me too, sweetie" Belle laughed. "And for a girls name Belle is a beautiful name" Belle playfully hit him on the back.

"Okay, being serious here…hmmm…for a guy…why don't we name him Ty in honor of your brother?"

Belle was touched. "Aden...really?"

"Yeah" Aden smiled.

"Well what happens if we have a girl?"

"Rose"

"Rose? I'm not naming my baby after a flower"

"Okay what if we use rose as the middle name?"

"Okay…for the middle name"

"So what names do you like for girls?"

"Umm….Bonnie…Sonya…Paige…."

"Mmmm.. yeah their nice names…but…"

"But you don't like them. Okay how about……. Hanna?"

"Hanna?.......... Hanna-Rose Taylor............ Hanna-Rose Taylor Jefferies"

"Now that's cute" a tear slid down the side of her cheek.

"I love it" Aden cuddled her.

"I love it too"

Archived