Twilight

Guest LuvAden

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, I know this update has been a long time coming. I've just been really busy lately. Hope you enjoy...

They sat in silence, neither knowing what to say.

“Is that why you…beat up Axel?” Melody asked as it suddenly occurred to her.

Aden nodded almost reluctantly. Wow, Melody thought.

Melody watched as tears started to roll down Aden’s cheeks. He wiped them away surreptitiously.

“Aden…”

“Don’t. I don’t want your pity.” He snapped.

“I didn’t mean to push you.” Melody said.

She felt awful. Aden had gone from the brash arrogant Aden that she’d always known to a scared little boy before her very eyes.

________________________________________________________________________________

Some hours later Aden walked towards his front door, he was physically shaking. It had been a long time since he had felt so full of dread going home. He stood in front of the door and took a deep breath. He raised his hand to open the door…

“Aden!”

He jumped around and saw Belle making her way quickly towards him.

“I’ve been trying to call you.” She said.

“Not now Belle.” He said more sharply than he meant to.

“But I’ve…I’m sorry about last night. What I said…”

“I said NOT NOW Belle.” He repeated.

“But I just want to…” she persisted.

“Not everything is about what you want!” he yelled. “Now take a hint and go away.”

He turned, opened the door and went inside. He saw Belle standing on the step looking hurt and confused and his heart lurched but he couldn’t bring himself to deal with her right now. He shut the door.

Belle was stunned. She hadn’t expected it to be easy after all she had said last night but…he really hated her. Her eyes began to sting with tears and she turned and ran from the house as fast as she could.

________________________________________________________________________________

__

Meanwhile Geoff was having a similar experience at Melody’s.

“Are you sure you’re ok?” he asked Melody as they both stood in the doorway.

Melody nodded.

“I’m fine, I just need to sort some things out with my mum. I’ll call you later, I promise.”

Geoff still looked worried. Melody has obviously been crying.

“Does this have anything to do with Aden?” he asked.

Melody looked surprised by the question but shook her head.

“No of course not. Why would it?” she said.

“No reason, it’s just…Nicole said…”

“Nicole!” Melody rolled her eyes to heaven. “I should have known she would straight to you.”

“So she did see you?” Geoff asked. “With Aden?”

“Look,” Melody glanced briefly behind her, she could hear her mother inside. “I can’t explain now. I’ll call you later.” She began to back inside.

“But I just…” Geoff began.

“Later.” Melody said and shut the door.

Geoff stood staring at the door dumbly.

Inside Melody walked into the kitchen where her mother was pretending to clean.

“Mum. We need to talk.” Melody told her.

Christine nodded. She had gone over and over in her head what she was going to tell Melody. Despite everything Larry had said she was still determined to tell Melody she was the result of her having an affair.

Melody gulped and decided the best thing was to just say it straight.

“I heard what you said to Mr Jeffries on the beach.”

Everything Christine had rehearsed in her mind went blank.

Aden stood in the kitchen and watched his father sitting at the table with his head in his hands. His father hadn’t told Mrs Jones about him but he had told her what happened to himself. Now, Larry was flustered and upset. And Aden felt sorry for him. He took a seat beside him and patted his shoulder. Larry looked at him gratefully.

“I would never tell anyone what happened to you. It’s not my place.” Larry told him.

“I know. I should have known. I’m sorry I accused you. I just panicked and…” Aden thinks about Melody. “I told Melody.” He said, as if he had only just realized. I told Melody! What if she told people? She’d tell Geoff for sure. Aden grimaced and cursed.

“I’m sure she won’t tell anyone.” Larry said. “She seems…trustworthy.”

“I hope so.” Said Aden.

Geoff walked in and found Belle curled up in front of the tv with a massive bowl of icecream and Annie sitting worriedly nearby.

“Whats up?” he asked.

Annie looked at Belle timidly before she spoke.

“Belle and Aden…had a row?” Annie wasn’t even sure.

“We didn’t have a row.” Belle said. “Well, not this time.”

“That’s good.” Geoff said.

“He didn’t even give me the time to have a row! He just cut me off and told me to go away.” Belle continued.

“That’s not good.” Geoff said sympathetically. He slumped in the chair next to her. “Melody barely gave me a moment too. She was really weird.”

“Well screw them!” Belle said vehemently. “It’s their loss! We have wasted quite enough time defending them. If they want us they can do the running from now on!”

She looked at Geoff who didn’t respond enthusiastically enough for her liking.

“Right?” she asked.

“Um yeah.” Geoff nodded.

“No not “um yeah”. Yes Belle!” she corrected him.

“Yes Belle!” Geoff said.

“Good.” Belle nodded approvingly. “Icecream?”

Geoff enthusiastically got another spoon and dug in. Annie watched in confusion.

“I’m going over to Jai’s.” she said. At least he made sense.

That scene with Aden and Larry was so good. Seriously.

Loved the ending too. :lol: Loving heartbroken Belle atm. Hope it won't last though... I do feel for both Melody and Aden, especially Melody because of what she heard and the whole Nicole situation, but I hope they can talk to Geoff and Belle respectfully in time.

Can't wait for more. I'm glad you updated, no matter how long it took :D

xoxo

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR UPDATING!!!! I really love this fic!!!! That start with Aden and Melody was sad! I loved how the rest of it played out! With Aden being mean to Belle and all... not too sure what'll happen with them now, but can't wait to find out. Loved the way you explained how the character's were feeling!

That last section and last line was really funny too! I loved it all!!!

Hope you can update soon! I really look forward to it! :D

I'm so happy you updated. Loved this chapter.

The scene with Aden and Melody at the start was really good. And very sad to. I'm glad he told her though. I like that Aden doesn't seem angry at Larry. Poor Melody. Hope she and Christine will be okay. Atleast Melody wants to talk, hopefully thats a good thing. I can understand Aden snapping at Belle and Melody not being able to deal with Geoff at the moment considering the day Aden and Mel had. But I hope they clear up everything soon. I liked the scene with Belle and Geoff. And Annie's confusion at what was going on.

Please update soon.

That night in Summer Bay was a long one. Melody and her mother sat up for hours talking. Christine explained everything to her daughter and Melody, for the first time, felt a real connection with her mother.

Aden and Larry had dinner and watched tv. In the back of their minds both of them were worried about their respective confessions to Melody and Christine but they tried to put it behind them for the rest of the night. They both felt the need to carry on with the mundane and Aden felt strangely comforted by that as he sat watching sports highlights with his father. Tomorrow he would go back to worrying about whether Melody would spill his secret and about how he could fix things with Belle.

Belle spent the night in tears, convinced that she had lost Aden forever.

Geoff fell asleep easily, though his dreams saw him watching Melody holding hands with Aden on the beach and Nicole’s voice saying “I told you”. He woke up the following morning more worried than the day before.

_______

The following morning Melody stood outside the Surf Club waiting for Geoff to meet her. She was exhausted and still not completely sure what she was going to say to Geoff. She had promised her mother she would never say a word about her…not even to Geoff. Melody saw Aden walking towards her.

“Aden, hi.” She smiled.

Aden looked worried.

“Melody.” He didn’t seem to know what to say.

“How are you today? Did you talk to your dad?” Melody asked.

“Yea.” Aden nodded. “Look Mel, everything I told you yesterday…”

“It won’t go any further.” Melody assured him.

Relief flooded Aden’s face.

“Thanks. You won’t even tell Geoff?”

“Not even Geoff. And…what you know about my mother…”

“My lips are sealed.”

They smiled gratefully at each other. Aden looked around and saw Geoff approaching.

“I’ll see you around.” He said and went on his way to Belle’s house.

Geoff approached Melody filled with apprehension.

“Geoff.” Melody smiled warmly.

“Was Nicole telling the truth? Is there something going on with you and Aden? Are you dumping me?” the questions spilled out of Geoff’s mouth faster than Melody could react.

“Whoa! Geoff…” She was speechless for a moment. “No, no and no are the answers to those. Why would you think that?”

Geoff shrugged, he was relieved but also still apprehensive.

“You’ve been acting really weird.”

“I know I have but it has nothing to do with Aden. I’ve been dealing with some stuff with my mother.” She explained.

“About who your father is?” Geoff asked.

Melody nodded. She had to tread carefully, she didn’t want to make things worse for her mother by saying too much.

“Mum and I had a really good talk last night and…I think we both understand each other a lot better now.” She said.

“Did she tell you who your real dad is?”

“Edward Jones is my father. He loved and raised me.” Melody said and as the words left her mouth she realized how true that was.

Geoff thought she looked surprisingly serene as she said that. It was a big difference to her demeanor yesterday and the night before. He had a feeling there was something she wasn’t telling him but decided not to push her.

Aden walked into the Irene’s kitchen and received a cold welcome from Irene.

“Is Belle here?” he asked.

“I don’t think she wants to see you.” Irene replied.

“Irene, it’s ok.” Belle walked out of her room.

“Are you sure?” Irene asked. She was rushing to work but didn’t want to leave until she was sure Belle was ok.

“Yea, you go on or you’ll be late.” Belle nodded.

Irene looked Aden over sternly.

“If you upset her again you’ll have me to deal with. You hear?” she said, shaking her finger at him.

“I hear.” Aden nodded.

Irene left them to it. Belle looked timidly at Aden.

“I’m sorry about yesterday.” He began.

“It’s ok, you made your feelings perfectly clear. You don’t want me around.” Belle said sulkily.

“What? No. You’re the one who hung up on me yesterday.” Aden said.

“That was Irene not me!” said Belle. “But it was definitely you slamming that door in my face yesterday.”

Aden looked away for a moment. He had major groveling to do.

“I just had a lot of stuff going on with Dad and Melody…”

“Melody?” Belle snapped. “Was Nicole telling the truth?”

“Nicole? What’s she got to do with anything?” Aden asked confused.

“What does Melody?” Belle countered.

Aden sighed and sat on the arm of the chair. Belle watched him a little worriedly.

“It’s a really long, complicated story but…I told Melody about…my grandfather…what he did to me.”

“Oh Aden,” Belle sat next to him and put her hand on his arm. “But why tell Melody?”

“Like I said, it’s a long story and I don’t really want o go into it now. But whatever Nicole said, I’m sure it was rubbish.”

“I figured as much.” Said Belle. “But…I still have no idea where we stand?”

Aden looked into her eyes.

“I’m hoping we stand together.” He said softly. “I know I’m a jerk sometimes and I know my behavior can be unacceptable. I promise I will try and be better. I will try and be the kind of guy that you deserve to have as your boyfriend.”

“You already are.” Belle whispered, her eyes glistening with tears.

Aden moved from the arm of the chair and sat into it next to Belle. He took her face in his hands and kissed her gently.

Aden and Belle walked into the Diner, hand in hand and massive smiles on their faces. They saw Geoff and Melody at a table and waved.

“Shall we sit with them?” Belle asked.

“As long as you don’t expect me to be nice to Bible Boy.” Aden said.

“What happened to trying to be a better person?” Belle asked.

“Better person – not saint!” Aden replied grinning.

Belle laughed and they made their way over to Geoff and Melody.

“Can we join you?”

Melody nodded and smiled. Belle sat next to Melody, deliberately forcing Aden to sit near Geoff. She gave Aden a cheeky grin as he rolled his eyes.

“So…” Aden began

Part of Belle expected an inappropriate remark to come from his lips.

“I’m starved.” He said and picked up the menu. He gave Geoff a sideways glance. “Nice shirt.” He said almost under his breath.

Geoff was caught off guard by the remark and sat with his mouth open not knowing how to respond. Belle laughed.

“Well isn’t this really cozy?” Nicole’s slow drawl interrupted and she stood before them condescendingly looking at them.

“Hey! It’s Billy No Mates!” Aden greeted her cheerfully.

Belle and Melody smirked. Geoff gave her a friendly smile.

“Geoff, Belle, you guys are obviously very forgiving.” Nicole said.

“There was nothing to forgive, you know that.” Melody said.

Nicole smirked. “Well you would say that”

“Melody is right,” said Belle, “there was nothing to forgive. We’ve all discussed it and…well we’ve come to the conclusion that a change is as good as a rest. If you get my meaning.” She winked suggestively.

“What?” Nicole asked confused.

“She means,” Aden said, “that we are four mature individuals and once we talked about it we realized what’s the harm in spreading the love?” Aden placed is hand gently on Geoff’s

“Exactly!” Belle grinned and she and Melody put their arms around each other’s shoulders.

“Oh very funny!” Nicole hissed and stormed off.

Geoff had snatched his hand away from Aden who was laughing hysterically. Belle and Melody began to laugh too but Geoff just looked uncomfortable.

“That wasn’t funny.” He said.

“The look on your face is!” Aden said, still laughing.

“You don’t think she believed it do you?” Geoff asked worriedly.

“Relax Geoff, of course she didn’t.” Melody told him. She patted his hand and smiled. He could be really cute when he was embarrassed.

Irene arrived to take their orders.

“Well, it’s nice to see some happy faces.” She said.

“It’s nice to be happy!” Aden said grinning.

Melody felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and took it out. She had a message.

Archived