Guest Eli

I didn't want to... but I am...

I give up on this show. Every character seems to have changed since season 1 and not for the better and I feel that I need to give up a show where I prefer the guest characters to everyone else (Gia, Ivy's Momma...). The moment I gave up was when I realized that Annie was being treated like the victim when she ran someone over.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The moment I gave up was when I realized that Annie was being treated like the victim when she ran someone over.

Who is treating Annie like a victim ? Nobody even knows.

If you mean she is being written as the victim then I don't really agree with that either. They are only showing how its affecting her so much, which wouldn't be much if she wasn't essentially a good character. Annie from day one has always had morals and just wanted to fit in with everyone around her, I don't ever remember being particularly malicious to anyone. I can see that she is struggling with what she done last year and its eating her up so much which is why

she told Liam and went to tell her parents. I think that Annie will always come good in the end and I like that about her.

Annie may have been treated like a victim throughout this season because she WAS a victim, not because of the car accident but in regards to Naomi's treatment of her and being socially outcast for only doing her best to help everyone. She is a sort of tragic character, and I would hate to see her go down for what she did because she just doesn't deserve it.

I do think some of the characaters may have changed slightly since last season but there you go people change. Adrianna has always been the extremely selfish one with the other side of her which can be very endearing, Annie is the nice one that wants to fit in and be happy and I feel she is very compassionate, Naomi is the self centred one where theres no room for anyone else in her mind but her but she also has this other really caring side. I also think Naomi is very very naive sometimes but I guess that comes with the territory of her blonde hair :P Silver, I did think was a totally different character when the show started back for its 2nd season but not long after I realised that the main core of her character was still there. She is propably one of the nicest characters in the show, I don't think shes had much to do this season only the whole Teddy thing which I hate so much btw! I much preferred her with Dixon. I would like next season to see her have another breakdown like she did last year.

Anyhow I'm really looking forward to next season :D

I didn't want to... but I am...

I give up on this show. Every character seems to have changed since season 1 and not for the better and I feel that I need to give up a show where I prefer the guest characters to everyone else (Gia, Ivy's Momma...). The moment I gave up was when I realized that Annie was being treated like the victim when she ran someone over.

You may not want to give up on it just yet. There's more to the hit-and-run than you think and Annie may not be as guilty as we were lead to believe.

Speaking hypothetically of course :rolleyes:

Warning, major rant coming up.

Regarding Annie and the hit and run I have mixed feelings. I think at times the writers have veered between seeming to portray her as having genuine remorse about what happened to someone who seemed more worried about what would happen to her if the police found out than the fact that she actually killed someone. And I still cast my mind back to the self-satisfied expression on her face when she left the hospital after Jasper told her he would keep her secret. She didn't appear very repentant then.

I'm also in agreement that some of the characters have changed since the first season. For me the person that has changed the most is Silver. Before she seemed unique but now she seems quite ordinary. Adriana's another person. She had so much stuff to deal with last year for a sixteen year old girl but she's grown up pretty quickly. Almost too quickly. Liam still has violent tendencies but considering he was drag racing, using stolen credit cards, gambling again I think he's calmed down quite a bit. The other characters haven't really changed and for me personally Naomi has been the most consistent person over the two seasons. As someone mentioned a while back she's a b*tch who cares.

Anyway, I thought the season finale was going to be a poor episode but I quite enjoyed it and seemed to have an awful lot happening.

I'm really glad Adrianna and Navid are finally back together and I thought the build up was so sweet especially being broadcast live. Earlier on in the season I thought Navid was way too good for her but I think she does love him and was genuinely sorry about what happened with Teddy. Slightly worried about Javier's offer for Adrianna to go on tour with him. He's obviously going to try and get back with her but realistically it sounds like an opportunity of a lifetime and I don't think she can turn it down.

I was also suitable pleased that Silver and Teddy are back together and more so that Silver told Teddy about Spence's attempted bribe. I actually really liked Teddy reacting so strongly as it showed how much he cares about Silver.

I thought Jen was vile to Ryan. To repeat what I mentioned previously I was hoping for a Jen/Ryan reunion at some point (especially now they have a kid on the way) but when she acts like that I'm not sure I want them to get back together. When they met a couple of episodes ago I thought she still had a thing for him but it felt like she was trying to punish him for abandoning her. It's interesting because if you look at the results of the paternity test it says she is 24 weeks pregnant which means if they resume the third season three months after the second, the baby's birth will be imminent. Also when Naomi was going through Jen's handbag at the beginning of the episode you could overhear the doctor and Jen confirm that the baby was a girl.

I really liked the scenes with Annie and Liam especially when Annie fessed up to the hit and run on the boat, Liam comforted her then afterwards and Liam went with her when she went to confess everything to her parents I'm not sure if anything is going to happen between them straight away because of the whole Annie/Naomi thing but I feel the relationship goes way beyond anything physical. I am disappointed that they are going to drag the hit and run out to a third season though. I was hoping it would have been wrapped up somehow.

I don't usually condone violence but I was glad Liam attacked Jasper as Liam had been working on that boat for months. Under normal circumstances I would say that he's finished but in the world of 90210 I'm guessing Liam will simply be spending summer in Juvi.

I'm also quite disappointed about Harry losing his job and what appears to be the break-up of his marriage

and am gutted now that Robert Estes has left the show and won't be appearing in the third season although it will be interesting to see how Debbie copes with Dixon and Annie as a single parent.

Shame about Liam and Naomi breaking up as at first I was really a fan of this couple. I enjoyed their scenes in the first season and their scenes when they weren't together this season but in the end when they were actually going out I just couldn't feel any spark/chemistry (Besides Naomi has her own demons to fight now and I would like to see her remain single for a while). I don't know if was down to writing but I was actually quite pleased the relationship ended. Don't agree with Liam about them having nothing in common because I don't really feel he has anything in common with Annie either and he had more in common with Ivy than either Naomi and Annie and look how that turned out. Naomi was being self-centred, lying and neglecting Liam though.

OK...I'm going to try and be objective with this Naomi/Mr Cannon thing. A few episodes ago when they met on the stairs I actually thought there was chemistry there. And initially when Naomi went into the classroom I thought the storyline would end with them sleeping together. Even when Mr Cannon held her hand and asked Naomi if she minded, I still wasn't sure until she made an excuse to call AAA. The minute he kissed her and she told him she didn't want it, he should have just backed off immediately. TBH even if she did feel the same way considering what happened before he should have known he was playing with fire anyway. I've noted on other forums where people have argued the minute she saw Mr Cannon she shouldn't have even gone into the classroom. I don't agree with this though. Her car had broken down and the battery on her phone was dead so she had no choice and had no reason to assume he was going to do anything like that.

I wouldn't wish what happened with Naomi on anyone but I feel if the writers get this right there could be potential for some really good storylines and episodes. As I mentioned above Naomi's character has remained fairly consistent so it will great to see a different side to her and see Anna Lynne pushed to her acting limits. It will also be interesting to see at which point the writers pick this up from next season. It could be straight after so we could see her fight Mr Cannon off and escape although I'm guessing it will be towards the end of summer and she would have simply kept quiet about the whole thing, not reported it and isolated herself from everyone (kind of like Annie did this season). Also what is the significance of Ryan? He saw both of them but was completely off his head. Is he going to do another Annie? Come to think off it how did he get the bus back to the school without having an accident?

Anyway it will be interesting to see how Jen reacts to this (I'm inclined to blame her too because if she hadn't sent Naomi's Mercedes back to the dealers her car probably wouldn't have broken down). She is a person who I feel has very little empathy for other people but with this storyline there's no way she can continue to try and make Naomi's life hell. And with a baby on the way in terms of natural progression the next step would be to make the character a better person. We saw signs of this when she went camping with Ryan. Also hopefully the writers can maintain continuity and bring Charles and Tracey back.

Rant over! :P

• 1 month later...

So, spoiler for next season (which might entice Pierced Musie back :P):

Either Teddy, Navid or Liam will come out of the closet. And this won't be another bi-curious experience (a'la Adrianna)- this person is gay and has been keeping it a secret.

Who do you think it'll be? My bets are on

Teddy

and I pray it's not

Navid

. I like the

Navid/Adrianna pairing

too much.

^^^^^^^^ :o:o:o:o !!!!!!

I want it to be Liam BUT I really want him to get together with Annie! It would really explain his anger issues.....

I don't want it to be Navid either!

I can see it being Teddy out of the three, I hate the Teddy/Silver pairing anyway, she should get back with Dixon! Anywho it should be a brilliant storyline, I have a feeling season 3 is gona be amazing, we will have the aftermath of Naomi's rape as well and possibly Annie's confession!

Archived