Be Careful What You Wish For

Guest maccaz

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 10

Geoff's eyes blinked open slowly as he recovered. He was confused as he struggled to maintain his memory. He had been walking in the woods then...nothing.

As his eyes flickered open, he peered groggily around at his new surroundings. He was in a wooden hut. His eyes grew wide with shock as he saw tonnes of dynamite piled up around him. His memory became flooding back to him. He had seen this dynamite before. But who took it...he had no idea.

His shock became even more palpable when he saw someone familiar also tied up in the room with him...Nicole.

"Geoff..." Nicole asked, clearly dazed. "What are you doing here?"

"I...don't know." he replied, equally clueless as to their whereabouts.

Just then, a dark shape came up to the door and opened it. Both Geoff and Nicole's eyes shot wide open when they saw who it was.

"Miss me?" Elliot asked in a flippant manner.

You..." Geoff began angrily. However, Elliot brushed this off.

"Oooh! Temper, temper! Didn't you learn not to get angry at church?" he sneered, wagging his finger mockingly.

Geoff seethed in silence. He wanted to lash back at Elliot for disrespecting his faith - but he was under a moral obligation not too. There was what seemed like an eternity of silence. Eventually, the silence was broken by Nicole.

"So...what are you going to do to us?" Nicole asked. Elliot let out a haughty laugh.

"Wouldn't you and the kiddy-fiddler-in-training BOTH like to know." He chuckled.

Geoff's anger then rose to an undescribable level. How dare Elliot compare him, a genuine caring Christian who would never hurt a child, to those monsters of unspeakable evil which masqueraded as priests! They weren't even Christian...in fact, Geoff weren't sure they were even human. To hear Elliot tar all Christians with the same brush was the absolute last straw. He let out a wild roar and charged at Elliot. However, using the SAS training he had learned from his brother Mark, Elliot grabbed Geoff's arm and twisted it behind his back, causing him to scream in pain.

"Do you want to go to heaven?" Elliot asked Geoff.

"Someday." Geoff grunted through the pain.

Elliot then pulled at a detonator out of his jacket and held it up for both Geoff and Nicole to see. "Keep that attitude up, and you'll be meeting your Maker sooner than you thought."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A car skidded wildly through the backstreets of Summer Bay as its' driver was acting like he was in a Formula 1 Grand Prix. He was determined to escape from whomever was looking for him. Even though no-one was directly chasing him, he just knew someone was out there was after him - there just was. Eventually, after several twists and turns, he finally entered the small town he was decidedly proud to call home.

The driver of the car let out a further sigh of relief as he pulled up outside his familiar house. He grabbed his jacket out of the back seat, a bottle off the seat next to him and entered the house. He put up his feet on the sofa and turned on the TV.

Yep, Larry Jeffries was glad to be back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This...this isn't happening." Christine murmured to herself, still in a daze over what her husband of over 20 years had just told her.

"Oh, but it is." Edward replied, with a look of fierce determination etched across his features. "It's over, Christine."

"But you can't....you can't divorce me."

"No, but I can separate from you."

Christine struggled to find the words to mount a reply. Eventually, she did so as tears sprang out of the corners of her eyes.

"But...why?"

"I'm just fed up with you, Christine." Edward let a wave of relief wash over him - he had told his dominating wife what he thought of her - and that was the hardest part. "Fed up with your arrogant crusades, which winded up alienating us from the community. You know, whenever I go to work at Yabbie Creek Council, my workmates all whisper "He's married to that freak!""

"That was all for Mel's welfare, and you know it!" Christine shouted in reply.

"Which brings me to another point - your attitude towards Melody. You're no better than Hitler or Stalin when it comes to her!"

"Well, since you're so clearly the expert in raising children, please do enlighten me!" Christine's voice had reached panic proportions.

"Okay, for one thing - raising a child is the job of the PARENTS - plural, not singular. And you've gone and turned OUR beautiful daughter, who we created TOGETHER, into your own personal pet project! But don't worry Christine - I understand why. You're an overconcerned mother, trying to make sure your daughter follows in your footsteps. But what I don't get is you thinking her being attacked at that party was her fault. After what you've been through, you have no right to think like that!"

"How dare you..." Christine hissed, in a voice no lower than a whisper. "We agreed not to bring that part of the past up."

""We"? Who's "we", Christine? This whole marriage, there has only been YOU! And we're not together anymore, so I can and will bring it up. You know, at 16, your life was a tragedy. You were just some dumb slut who ran away from home-"

"How dare you say that about me!"

"Oh, so having men pay you for sex isn't being a slut now?"

Christine instantly fell silent. Edward continued.

"You were lucky me and my friends came by that night. If we haven't come by, you would've been just another Jane Doe found raped and murdered in a ditch. Some john obviously took it too far with you. I helped you back to health. Gave you a place to stay. Turned you to God. You know - when we got married, we promised we would work together as a family. However, you have become the family. And I can't be with anyone who thinks they are bigger than their station. Goodbye, Christine."

Edward turned on his heel and walked away. As he reached the doorway, he turned to face her.

"Oh, and by the way - when Melody gets out of the clinic, I'm applying for full custody. I'm not letting her anywhere near you."

With that, he closed the door and he was gone. To Christine, the sound of the door slamming behind his departing back was the loudest noise in the world. Her husband had deserted her and was planning to take Melody with him - where did that leave her. She ventured to her and Edward's room and shut the door. She needed to be alone. As she sat down on the bed and took the covers in her hands and moved them around her fingers, she was reminded of happier days. She leant over and picked up a photo on the bedside mantelpiece. It was a photo of the whole family - her, Edward and Melody - that was taken that day at the pool. Her family meant the world to her - and now they were gone. Dropping the photo, she curled up into the fetal position on the bed and began to sob loudly as she had her own private breakdown. Losing her family gave her that sense of being alone again. Just like when she was 16. She was fighting a desperate battle against those horrific memories as they returned to haunt her.

End of Chapter 10

Promo for Chapter 11

We delve into Christine's past through a flashback chapter, which focuses on key aspects of her past up to and including the birth of Melody.

Chapter 11

WARNING: This chapter contains sexual references, a rape scene and offensive language.

June 14. 1979

"You ready for the ride of your life?" The girl whispered seductively as she flounced over to the bed.

"This had better be the best damn sex ever." The man sitting next to her grunted. "But I'm sure that won't be a problem for someone as heavenly as you are."

"Oh, stop it!" The prostitute giggled. They both climbed on top of the bed and assumed their positions. The petite brunette climbed on top of the man and proceeded to work her magic. The man beneath her groaned in pleasure as she got into her rhythm. She had only been in this business for a couple of weeks, but already she had learned the tricks of the trade. When she was finished, she walked back over to the door and began puttting her clothes back on, whilst the man pulled out a wad of notes and searched for the correct amount required to pay her.

"Well," the man began as he handed over the cash. "It was nice doing business with you, miss...?"

"Christine." The young woman replied, as she put away the money in her purse. "Pleasure doing business with you too." Christine left the room and stepped out into the puring rain. It was a very wet night in Sydney's south-east - not the ideal kind of night to be a street-walker. But she needed some job in order to pay her way, and thought that this was it. She got to meet new people, and she was earning at least $50 a job. Soon enough, she would be able to buy her own house, and she would be able to become her own person and leave her childhood behind.

Just then, a red car pulled over next to her. In the drivers seat sat a young man with a moustache and a red baseball cap. She strolled over to the car and leant in the window. "Looking for a good time?" she asked, cheerfully.

"Yeah, sure. How much?" The young man grinned, daring to believe his luck.

"$50 for the hour." Christine replied. The young man fiddled around in his pocket and gave Christine $150 in cash. "Keep the change, sweetheart." He winked. Christine didn't bother to argue as she jumped in shotgun.

"So...where are we going?" Christine asked the man as she drove.

"I'm taking you to my house." The man replied as he exited onto the highway. "It's about an hour out of town, though, so you'll have to bear with me." The man flicked the car radio on. As he did this, a news bulletin was starting.

"For the second time in the space of three weeks, a missing girl's family have issued an appeal for her to come home. 16 year-old Christine Jones disappeared without a trace from her house in Sydney's north-eastern suburbs three weeks ago, and since then her family have organised a search for her. Today, her father issued this emotional appeal."

Christine then heard her dad's voice crackle over the radio

"Christine, love, please come home. You are the light of our lives, and your mother and I love you very much. Whatever issue it is that you have with us, we can talk about it. Just, come home. Please."

"What the f**k? That's just a load of bulls**t!" Christine exclaimed vehemently. "If this girl felt so bad about things she had to leave, then her family must not have loved her much at all!"

"mmm-hmmm." The man nodded in agreement, unaware of just who he was talking to.

As the man drove further and further away from the city, Christine could feel a knot of apprehension tightenting in her stomach. She had never been this far outside the city limits before, never mind with a complete stranger. But she shrugged it off - this is what she had to do for money. Eventually, they reached a rather abandoned, dilapidated looking farmhouse.

"Well, this is my place." The man began. "Now, I know it isn't Buckingham Palace-"

"You're telling me." Christine muttered.

"-but it should do us fine." The man finished. Just then, Christine noticed two unkempt looking men sleeping in a ditch.

"Hey, mates!" The man called. "Check out the hot bitch I've got for youse!" The two men jumped up and walked over to her, salivating like a bunch of hungry dogs.

"Whoaa...what's going on?" Christine asked.

"These are my mates." The man replied. "They're homeless. Now I've promised them a hot girl tonight. And I've already payed for them. That's three lots of 50." He whispered these last words in a menacing tone, making sure Christine got the gist of what he intended to do. Realising the situation she had gotten herself into, Christine turned to run. However, she was crash-tackled to the ground by one of the homeless men following her. The man in the baseball cap grabbed her arms and restrained her, whilst the homeless man who had tackled her forced her legs open.

"NO! STOP! LET ME GO!!" screamed the terrified Christine as the second homeless man towered above her.

"Too late, bitch. I'm going to enjoy this." he grinned as he began to rape her, disregarding the scared, crying girl below him. When he had finished, he went and grabbed her legs as the man in the baseball cap took his turn. This process carried on until all three were done with her. The man in the baseball cap stared long and hard at the sobbing girl on the ground. Without warning, he then began kicking and stomping her with all his might. When he had done this, he stood above.

"**** off, slut. You mean nothing to me." He hissed as he spat on her. The three men then piled into the red car and got out of there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour down the road, in the mining town known as Yabbie Creek, a young man was walking home from his TAFE course, his bag slung over his shoulders in a determined looking fashion. Just then, a car pulled up next to him next to him with several young men in it.

"Hey, Eddie! We're going to the city to celebrate the end of term. Wanna come with?" shouted one man.

"Yeah, sure." the other man replied as he jumped into the back seat with his TAFE buddies. Normally, Edward Harrison was not one to stay out late partying, but tonight, he felt he should make an exception to his rule and do so.

"So, what are you going to do this weekend, Eddie? Gonna pick up some chicks?" joked another one of his friends.

"Yeah...maybe." He grinned weakly. Deep down, Edward intensely disliked the term "chick". as he felt that it bought women, whom his faith had taught him should be respected, down to the level of a barnyard animal. However, he wasn't going to let something like that get in the way of a fun weekend.

"OK, who's got the tapes?" the driver called out.

"I've got KISS right here." his passenger called out.

"Good onya, Jonno! Good man!" grinned the driver as he put the tape into the machine.

"WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" the occupants of the car yelled out as the riffs from "I Was Made For Loving You" rung out over the stereo. The mood instantly picked up as everyone started to sing along

"Tonight

I wanna give it all to you

In the darkness

There's so much I wanna do

And tonight

I'm wanna lay it at your feet

Cos girl, I was made for you

And girl, you were made for me

I was made for lovin' you, baby

You was made for lovin' me

And I can't get enough of you baby

Can you get enough of me?"

The clamour quietened down as they saw a ghostly shape moving alongside of the road. In the edge of the cars headlights, everyone could see that it was a person - a girl to be exact.

"She looks hurt." The driver called out. "Eddie, you know first aid, go grab the kit out the boot and help her." Edward got out of the car, grabbed the first aid kit out of the boot and went over to the girl who was kneeling on the ground.

"You've gotta help me!" she wailed. "You gotta help me, please!"

"OK, OK, settle down." Edward urged, trying to calm the hysterical girl down. "First things first, what's your name?"

"Christine." The girl replied, without saying which Christine exactly.

"OK." Edward replied. "What happened to you Christine?" As he said this, she started crying, the memory still too raw for her to escape.

"I was raped!" she sobbed.

End of Chapter 11

Promo for Chapter 12:

The flashbacks continue - with Christine's conversion to Christianity and the start of the courting process.

Archived