Be Careful What You Wish For

Guest maccaz

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 6

Geoff bustled into the Diner to grab a bite to eat on his way to school. As he did so, he saw Nicole sitting at a table in the corner. He hesitated, as he was unsure whether to speak to her or not. He wasn't going to admit this to anyone, but deep down, he really liked her. He also knew that the feeling would not be mutual. I mean, this is Nicole we're talking about here. What would the uncrowned teen queen of Summer Bay High want with a pious moron like Geoff?

No, forget that, Geoff decided. He was going to talk to her, come hell or high water. He walked purposely over towards the table.

"Hey, Nic."

Nicole jumped as she turned and saw Geoff approaching.

"Geoff...hi."

"How's things?"

"Well, let me see...Roman's being a complete slavedriver, I've got liquid soap stuck in my nails, and to top it off, I've got two assignments due in at the end of the week. Yeah, things are going great."

"Surely, they can't be that bad-"

"Nicole."

Geoff's head turned around to see a man aged about 20-21 walking over to Nicole. This man had black hair and a fine stubble underneath his chin. "Hey babe." The man smiled as he gave Nicole a peck on the cheek. "Ready to go?"

"Sure thing." replied Nicole. Turning around to face Geoff, she said: "Geoff, this is my new boyfriend, Elliot. He's from out of town."

"Owya, mate?" Elliot smiled as he shook Geoff's hand.

"Yeah, good, I guess." Geoff replied. "What brings you here?"

"Oh, just thought I'd move here to experience the tranquility of the seaside." Elliot replied. "Plus, I'm a real hiking freak, so I want to check out the bush walks."

"Not to mention he's a friend of Roman's." Nicole continued. "But don't tell him, or he'll go ballistic. See ya." Nicole walked out of the diner with Elliot on her arm. As they left, Geoff couldn't help but feel a little uneasy about his presence.

----------------------------------------------------------------

That evening, Aden paced around nervously outside the main pizza restaurant in Yabbie Creek, where him and Belle had ordered a table. He checked his watch anxiously. 7:35pm, the Casio watch read. The reservation was for 7:45pm. If Belle didn't hurry up and arrive there, they would miss their meal. Just as he was thinking this, a white limo pulled up nearby. Out of it stepped a very regal looking woman, with her hair tied back and wearing a white dress. Aden had no idea who she was...until she approached him.

"Belle?"

"No, it's Mischa Barton. Of course it's me."

"You...you look..."

"Stunning? Magnificent? Yeah, I know."

"So...what's you say we go in and get ourselves some pizza?"

"Just try and stop me."

They walked up to the counter, arms around one another.

"Aaaah...We've made a reservation for tonight. Mr. Aden Jeffries and Miss Belle Taylor."

"Hmmm...let me see..." The waiter began. "T...T....Taylor. Yep, we have you down as a table for two, yes?"

"Yes." Belle replied.

"Well, then, let me show you to your table." The waiter replied as he led them over to the table. As it turned out, it was in a prime position right next to the windows looking out onto the street. The waiter handed them their menus and they set about examining them. After a few minutes of so doing, Aden interrupted.

"So...how did you afford the limo?"

"Oh, Mattie paid for it. Since I organised that going away party for her, she figured that she should repay me."

"Bloody generous of her, isn't it?"

"That's one way of putting it."

There followed another minute or two of menu searching. Again it would be Aden to break the silence.

"You're amazing, you know that?" Aden asked.

"So I get told about 100 times a day." Belle replied, non-chalantly.

"No, I really mean it. You're the only one that really understands me. You...You..."

"Yes?"

"You are the best thing to ever happen to me."

Inside Belle, fireworks of happiness were erupting. Aden, the perennial bad boy of Summer Bay, had just validated her existence by saying that she meant more to him than even his own father. That meant that this could work. The waiter came over to their table.

"Are we ready to order?" he asked, smiling.

"Yes." Belle replied. "Two large peeroni pizzas please, and I'll wash it down with a glass in Pinot Noir and a Tooheys."

-----------------------------------------------------

Later, their stomachs full of pizza and alcohol, Belle and Aden snuck into their bedroom through the window. Irene was working at the Diner, and Geoff and Annie were staying over at a friends, so they had the place to themselves...for now. The pair climbed onto the bed and began kissing one another.

"Let's take this further." Belle whspered as she climbed on top of him. However, as she did this, memories began to race through Aden's head.

"Just remember big boy...I call the shots." Nicole whispered seductively as she ran his hand up Aden's bare chest.

"You can't hide forever." Stanley Jeffries called as a terrified 6 year old Aden hid behind his bed.

"Aaaah! Stop it!" Aden shouted as she pushed her off him.

"What's going on?" Belle asked, genuinely confused by his attitude.

"You just wanted me to get me into bed! Just another person riding the town bike!"

"Aden, that's not true-"

"Just stay away from me, you filthy slut!" Aden screamed as he bolted from the room.

Belle, not wanting to appear accepting of this, followed Aden in order to challenge him. However, she saw him lying at the bottom of the stairs, shaking and hyper-ventilating.

"Aden?" Belle asked as she sat beside him.

"I'm so scared, Belle...I'm so scared..."

"Of who?"

"He's...he's coming to get me..."

"Aden, Aden, just relax. Who's coming for you...?"

"My grandfather."

"Why? Why are you so scared of him?"

"He'll...he'll do it to me again."

Belle instantly knew that Aden was covering up something about his grandfather, that would account for his behaviour...for the way he had always been. She knew that whatever it was, it was bad - very bad. She knew she had to help Aden. But in order to do that, she had to know.

"What is he going to do to you Aden?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Christine and Edward sat on the sofa in the middle of their living room. Melody was upstairs doing her study, and Christine was finally free to air her worries.

"It's Melody."

"What about her?"

"She's been acting strangely lately."

"Don't all teenagers act strange sometimes?"

"Yes, but...after that boy died, she just seemed so distant. You don't think..."

"No, Christine, of course not. How could she have feelings for that boy after what he did to her?

"Yeah...you're right. I just have to give her time."

Just then, Melody appeared in the living room.

"Melody?" Christine asked, a tone of apprehension in her voice. Melody began to shake and sob.

"What's wrong?" Edward asked.

"I'.ve...I've done a terrible thing." Melody whimpered.

End of Chapter 6

Archived