Be Careful What You Wish For

Guest maccaz

Title: Be Careful What You Wish For

Type of Fic: Medium/Long

Main Characters: Melody, Aden, Christine, Belle, Geoff, Nicole

Genre: Drama

BTTB Rating: A

Spoilers: Yes for non-Aus viewers

Warnings: Violence, deals with themes of rape/sexual abuse and mental health issues

Summary: My interpretation of the events leading up to both Melody and Aden's admittance to the psychiatric clinic and the consequences.

(A/N: This fic starts at the time of Geoff and Melody's break up and the start of Adelle's flirting)

Chapter 1

The sun was shining as a nice warm day beat down on Summer Bay. When one thought about it, Summer Bay was an appropriate name - the sun always seemed to be shining. And where better to spend this nice day than down on the beach. That's sure what Aden Jeffries was doing. Roman had given him the day off from working at the diner, because he had Nicole working there as punishment for her extracirricular misdeeds whilst on school camp. Therefore, Aden had the time all to himself. He planned to laze around on the beach with his shirt off, in the hopes of catching the one girl he always wanted.

And lo and behold, there she was, coming towards him. She was wearing a multi-coloured dress with a camera bag slung over her shoulders. She was a photographer in waiting - and his dream girl.

"Morning, Belle. Nice day we're having." Aden shouted in her direction.

"No thanks to you." Belle grinned back in a boyish manner.

"Oh come on. Don't be like that. I know you want me."

"Whatever."

"Oh come on, be honest. I can see it in the way you look at me.

"You're kidding yourself."

"Aden Jeffries never kids himself, Belle. Trust me."

"Look, Aden, I need to get to work." Belle slung her bag over her shoulder and went on her way.

"You'll be back. Don't worry about that." Aden taunted. Little did Belle know that Aden's blustering was a cover for something else, a dark secret from his past which, should she ever find out about it, would make her skin crawl and her stomach turn in disgust.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melody Jones ran up the street towards her house, her face clouded with tears. As she burst through the front door, a large woman with her jet-black hair in a bun looked up from her cooking.

"Mel?" This woman was none other than her mother, Christine, Summer Bay's resident crank. Melody remained silent.

"Honey, what's wrong? You've been crying." Christine said, gently. Melody was finally forced to reveal the reason for her gloomy mood.

"I broke up with Geoff." she sobbed. "I just couldn't take the pressure of a relationship, not after Axel-"

"There, there, love. I understand." Christine whispered as she pulled Melody into a hug. "Why don't you go up to your room, and I'll make you some cookies."

Melody ascended the stairs to her room, as Christine looked on. Ever since she had found out that Melody had been sexually assaulted by Axel at Nicole's party, she had promised herself she would be less judgemental and more understanding of her daughter's problems - after all, she had read about the trouble parents had had with rebellious teens, and in the general scheme of things, she had gotten off scot-free. But then again, what happened to Melody was the exact thing she was trying to avoid with her over-protectiveness of Melody - she loved her daughter too much to allow her to be put in such danger.

As Melody entered her bedroom, she faced the statue of the Virgin Mary that stood on her bedside desk. The Virgin Mary, Catholics such as Melody believed, was an intermediary with God, able to convince him to spare souls from hell. But today, that was the least of Melody's concerns.

Inside her swirled a myriad of feelings, chief amongst them anger. Anger that Axel, the scumbag who preyed upon her when she was vulnerable, had walked free without punishment, a wet bus ticket sentence of community service notwithstanding. How dare he do this to her! How dare he violate her in this way and get away with it!

Melody put her hands together and began to pray:

"Dear God, if You are out there, You WILL hear my prayer." she began, forcefully. "I believe that you will reward good and punish evil. There is this boy, Axel, who has inflicted an unspeakable evil upon me. I pray that You swiftly unleash Your divine vengeance upon him, and send his depraved soul to the deepest, darkest pits of hell.

Amen."

As Melody crossed herself, it felt like a huge weight was lifted off her shoulders.

End of Chapter 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! This is great, I love your stuff maccaz, it's always so dark and scary and powerful, but freakin good!

More soon please...

Melody ascended the stairs to her room, as Christine looked on. Ever since she had found out that Melody had been sexually assaulted by Axel at Nicole's party, she had promised herself she would be less judgemental and more understanding of her daughter's problems - after all, she had read about the trouble parents had had with rebellious teens, and in the general scheme of things, she had gotten off scot-free. But then again, what happened to Melody was the exact thing she was trying to avoid with her over-protectiveness of Melody - she loved her daughter too much to allow her to be put in such danger.

Awww, Christine is softening a little.

I like how Melody is angry, rather than...disturbed, like she was on the show. It seems more healthy somehow.

Chapter 2

Belle was putting away her camera equipment in her room. Inside, she was pulsing with excitement - she had received a request from a prominent newspaper at the city to view her portfolio, and if they liked it, they would give her an apprenticeship as a photographer. Belle was buzzing with joy - photography had been a life-long passion of hers, and it was finally paying off.

Just then, she heard a rustling at the window. She rushed over and opened the window.

"Aden? Is that you?" Belle called.

"No. It's Angelina Jolie. Of course it's me. You gonna let me in or not?"

"No, Aden, not tonight."

"Oh, come on! I've got nowhere else to go."

"You could stay with Roman."

"Nah, he's too busy trying to figure out how to tame the she-devil he bought into this world."

"Well, how about your dad?"

"That idiot. Nah, trying to stay away from drunken idiots like him. I'll sleep on your floor. Pleeeeeassse?" Aden fixed Belle with a pair of puppy dog eyes. Belle sighed in frustration as she discovered she could no longer resist.

"OK, fine. Come in. But ONLY for tonight."

"Thanks, Belle." Aden then bustled through the window, holdimg a bottle of vodka in his hand.

"Wow, you call your Dad out for drinking his problems away, and you're doing it yourself?" Belle exclaimed.

"Yes, I have been drinking, mother." Aden replied in a mocking, patronising tone. For some reason, this made Belle burst into a giggling fit.

"What's so funny?" Aden slurred.

"Just...you! You..you...you're..." Belle struggled to find the words to describe him.

"Ah. Once again, I leave you speechless." Aden sniggered. "Just admit it. You want me."

"Whatever." Belle replied. "Now go to sleep. And don't make me put a pillow over your face."

"Don't worry Belle." Aden whispered in a drunken fashion. "I'll be quiet. Quieter than a little dormouse."

No sooner had he said this, than Aden had passed out on Belle's floor. Belle gave a little smile at him, before turning out the light and going to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------

For the first time in nearly a month, the Jones' were out together as a family. Christine, as a reward for Melody's hard work and good marks, had suggested they go to the pool in Yabbie Creek. Melody, longing to have some freedom after her exams, was not one to argue. All of a sudden, Melody dissolved into a fit of giggles.

"What's so funny?" Edward, the father of the family, asked.

"Just...just..." Melody could barely contain her laughter.

'Just what, Mel?" Christine queried.

"Just the thought of you in a bikini, Mum...!" Melody could no longer hold back.

"I beg your pardon!?" Christine exclaimed, feigning outrage.

"Well, to be honest, no-one wants to see your body, Mum!" Melody laughed. "I mean, you're old..."

"Uh, excuse me, young lady! I am NOT old!" Christine laughed. "I'm, uh...middle-aged!"

"Believe what you want to believe, Mum." Melody sniggered.

"Well, it may disappoint you to learn that I don't plan to swim today." Christine announced. "Sorry."

A smile began to creep over all three of their faces. The rest of the afternoon was spent with Melody taking dives off the board, with Christine and Edward watching from poolside.

"Great dive, Mel!" Christine complimented after Melody performed a particularly skilful dive. Melody felt her heart rise at this - she was finally getting the affirmation she had always craved from her mother - and she liked it. Plus, they were the happiest as a family they had ever been in a while. Just then, Melody saw a familiar girl from her class at her new school.

"Tania!"

Tania looked around and noticed Melody.

"Mel! Good to see ya!" The pair bobbed around in the middle of the pool. As they talked, the pair exuded more energy than a pair of Energizer bunnies as they talked about their respective lives. Christine turned to Edward.

"Edward?"

"Yes?"

"I think everything will be OK from now on."

As Melody walked towards the changing room, she noticed Axel down the other end of the hall, talking with Jai, the new boy that Miles was fostering. As she saw Axel, she surprisingly felt neither fear nor anger. Instead, she felt....anticipation.

Soon, Axel. Melody thought to herself, as she smiled. Soon.

End of Chapter 2

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

Great chapter :lol:

Well, I love all the happiness. Seriously. I know people say that you need drama to make fics work, but I think I could be happy just with chapters all full of sunshine and bunnies and Aden & Belle flirtation.

Naughty Aden! Drinking ha ha ha!

Archived