Be Careful What You Wish For

Guest maccaz

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay...

Chapter 3.

Aden wandered through the crowded halls of the hospital. As he looked around him, orderlies were bustling around with their medical equipment and various doctors' names were being paged over the intercom. But there was only one person he came here to see.

"Son?"

Aden's head swivveled around as he saw the person came to see came towards him.

"Oh...hey Dad."

"So...how's things?

"Uh...yeah, great. Things are going great. Roman's cool, but Nicole...she is something else."

"So...you want to meet up later for lunch or something?"

"Nah, I have things to do."

Larry took a deep breath.

"Aden...I want you to move back in with me."

"Dad, look, I can't-"

"Please-"

"NO! There-there's just been too much water under that bridge already. Too many mistakes."

"But I...I've sobered up. I haven't touched a drop in a month, I swear-"

A vein in Aden's head was pulsing. How dare after what his father had done - how he had betrayed him when he was vulnerable-, he try to crawl his way back into his life! No, Aden thought, forcefully. NO. This would not stand.

"Look, Dad. Don't get me wrong - I think it's great that you've finally decided to take some responsibility for yourself and your problems. But...too much has happened. I can't try again and again with you. Sorry."

Aden turned his back on Larry and walked away.

"Aden!" Larry shouted after him. When Aden refused, Larry stood there and watched his son's departing back. He then turned and left ths hospital and out towards the car-park - he had to head home and take care of some business. As he unlocked the door to his station-wagon, he threw a bag of his belongings in the back seat. As he buckled his seat-belt, he opened the glove-box and pulled out a beer bottle out of the glove-box. It was full. Sweet, sweet alcohol, how he had missed it. He drove off and put the bottle to his lips.

It was the only way, he thought. It was the only way to ease the pain he felt - the pain of losing his son, the pain that still throbbed in his head as a result of the accident, the pain of what went before...

He was so distracted in his drinking he did not notice a dark shape speeding towards his car - until it was too late.

The two shapes collided with a sickening smash. After what felt like an eternity, Larry regained consciousness and stumbled out of the car. A look of horror crossed his face as he saw what lay before him.

He had hit a scooter and injured two boys, who were both unconscious. He recognised one boy - the pale-skinned one with the dark hair - he was Axel, and friend of Aden's with whom he had recently fallen out - though over what exactly, Larry had no idea. He had seen the other boy, who looked as though he came from an Asian country, around the place, although he had no idea who he was. Both of them looked very badly injured. Panicking, Larry jumped in his car and took off in the opposite direction. He wasn't going to let the police catch him - but more importantly, he wasn't going to give Aden another reason to hate him.

End of Chapter 3

Archived