X Factor 2008

Guest ~Dom~

JLS! :D I want them to win no that Diana's out! There's something about them. They always make me smile! & it would be lovely if a group won. Loved both of their performance. In particular The last song. I do think though, that they should let Oritse take lead sometimes. I'm getting a bit sick of Ashton's vocals. lol!

I totally agree - i have been thinking that for a while. Love Aston but I think it would be really good if he sang more. I think they did a jig during the week when Oritse took the lead because Aston was resting his voice - he was really good, so hopefully we might see more of him next week.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eoghan. Well Eoghan is Eoghan. He shouldn't be there Imo. He has the weakest voice. I see the tweenies, grannies and mothers voting for him and he might actually win on those votes, but after the X Factor I see him disappearing. He's performance's done nothing for me. In fact his Abba performance was cringeworthy. Soo camp! I do think it was cruel though, to have him and Diana in the bottom 2. <_

Eoghan crashing on stage mid song was odd! He could've waited till she was finished. lol! & then the others joining in. It was a sweet moment though. :)

Okay, first of all, Diana and Eoghan aren't dating. Just trust me, okay? I just know, don't ask because I won't answer publically. I just thought i should clear up this misunderstanding. :P

I like Eoghan, he's a nice guy, he's kind of funny, I don't think he's a strong singer. I have nothing personally against him but it's a competition, and especially on one like this you'll always have your likes and dislikes. On singing talent he shouldn't be there, purely because his voice isn't strong enough to carry on throughout a long career. After a while he'll get boring. He doesn't have much diversity between songs, they tune the same, which is why i don't believe he should be in the final.

I never said it was anything other than my opinion. IN MY OPINION his voice isn't strong enough, but a lot of people think he's amazing and I'm not setting out to go to every fan who voted for him and tell them not to. The public seem to love Eoghan or his voice or Eoghan and his voice and tehy ahve a right to and I respect their opinions and I'm sure they respect other peoples opinions too.

Yes Janice you’re entitled to your opinion but I have to agree with Cerise. The problem here is that at the moment he simply isn’t good enough. And whilst he’s been getting through week after week there have been stronger singers in my opinion that haven’t. Which hardly seems fair but yes that’s the rules so I guess we have to learn to live with it.

I agree that stronger singers are being booted off and he's staying in, as I said in my opinion his voice is a bit mellow and soft and in my opinion Ruth had a very big, strong voice, and Laura and Diana had very unique and special voices and I think they could do much better in the music industry. Yes, this is only my opinion, but I know personally how tough this industry is, how fast an act can vanish off the shelves and sink to the bottom, how easily an amazing single can lead to a simple one-hit-wonder. And these talent shows are no different, and unless the music produced from them is diverse, interesting and keeps on giving you might as well forget about it. Leona Lewis is an amzing singer and she kept on going, she kept giving more and more and began to become more diverse and know her album is so widely sold and listened to and she's so popular amongst a vast amount of countries. Shayne Ward is evaporating because he isn't showing us more (and IMO he was never very good) and where is Leon? He's sitting back looking at how his album is doing (not very well) but he's not doing anything new.

That is the reality of the music business, but if an artist can keep giving they will generally do well, and while Eoghan is fine he isn't giving us more, I'd like to see him doing just that though :)

I generally feel that people who win these types of shows don’t do that great anyway because as you’ve said the industry is so tough. Think of some of the previous winners – Here Say (not X-factor), Shane Ward, Will young, Michelle (Scottish lady, can’t remember her surname), Steve (again can’t recall his surname), and Leon from last year.

The two successes I can think of as you’ve said are Leona Lewis (who is a rare exceptional talent) and of course Girls Allowed.

So I don’t want to really keep going back to Eoghan but if he (someone who isn’t the strongest singer wins) what chance does he have? At least some of the others will have some sort of a prayer.

I think there's a gap in the market for a new boyband which is why I think JLS might have a nice run, they keep getting better, they may not be Leona Lewis like talent but they can sing, and perform well and they seem like genuinely nice guys. Alex has a powerful voice but is there really a place for her? She's all these big female singers rolled up into one, she can imitate them excellently but she doesn't have that originality that showed in acts like Laura White and Diana Vickers from this year. Alex if she doesn't win wont be a memorable contestant, in short. She has nothing original that will amke her stick in your head for another year. We'll remember Laura for her shock exit, Diana for her unique voice, laryngitis drama and mixed fanbase, we remember Rhydian from last year because of his diverse world-class voice, Same Difference because of their eh, constant happiness :P, we remember Leona from the year before because she eh, won first of all and the exceptional talent, but the only reason we remember Leon form last year is because he won. But I don't even remember the guy who won teh first year. Oh yeah, and Shayne Ward in year two... see, forgetable.

All in my opinion of course

I think that if Alex does win that her personality might save her from dwindling into distant memory after her first single.

All the judges seem to genuinely adore her and say how much they love working with her. The same can't really be said for Eoghan, no one is showing much of an attachment to him. But I suppose he's quite young for his personality to have completely developed into someone adults want to hang around with, although he does seem pretty mature for his age.

I agree, there isn't a gap in the market for Alex, but I do hope she does well because she does seem like a very nice person, for want of a better word. She doesn't seem as bland as 'nice'.

Now that Diana has left I have no particularly strong feelings as to who I want to win, although I would prefer it if it wasn't Eoghan. It would be cool for a band to win as I think every year so far the winner has been picked out of the 16-24 category.

Archived