X Factor 2008

Guest ~Dom~

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Eoghan and then everyone ran on when Diana was singing after the results I nearly cried. It was so incredibly emotional.

I was so suprised at them running out but I was touched but it showed the effect Diana had on them and I hope she does get a recording contract, she didnt appeal to me but she could get somewhere in the music industry, I really hope Alex or JLS win. Oh and I have bagsed Aston he is too cute! :)

Ha ha, no way, he's mine!

I'm surprised to see the amount of abuse Eoghan is getting (not on this forum!). The poor guy is getting slated. He may not be the strongest there, and I think he entered this competition too early because if he waited a few more years, his voce and confidence would be much stronger. I think it's really unfair how people are treating him. He can't control how people vote, ffs! Leave him alone!

Like I said, Diana's card was up. Don't get me wrong, I liked some of her performances like "Call Me" and last night's "White Flag", but she didn't find that niche in time... and if she found it a few weeks ago, she would have won. It is a pity but that's how it goes, unfortunately. And maybe if she did win, she may buy a pair of shoes. :ph34r:

I can't see how JLS are still there. Average performance each night. Their second song last night was good, but not wow-factor. Who's voting for them? SHOW YOUR FACES!! :P

Alex is really good. But we already have Beyonce, Leona, Rihanna and many others exactly like her. The market is saturated with Alex's... I don't think I can listen to another one.

I don't think any of the finalists are worthy of winning. Ruth should be there.

I'm surprised to see the amount of abuse Eoghan is getting (not on this forum!). The poor guy is getting slated. He may not be the strongest there, and I think he entered this competition too early because if he waited a few more years, his voce and confidence would be much stronger. I think it's really unfair how people are treating him. He can't control how people vote, ffs! Leave him alone!

Like I said, Diana's card was up. Don't get me wrong, I liked some of her performances like "Call Me" and last night's "White Flag", but she didn't find that niche in time... and if she found it a few weeks ago, she would have won. It is a pity but that's how it goes, unfortunately. And maybe if she did win, she may buy a pair of shoes. :ph34r:

I can't see how JLS are still there. Average performance each night. Their second song last night was good, but not wow-factor. Who's voting for them? SHOW YOUR FACES!! :P

Alex is really good. But we already have Beyonce, Leona, Rihanna and many others exactly like her. The market is saturated with Alex's... I don't think I can listen to another one.

I agree with everything you've just said. Especially about Ruth. I really really missed her last night. She was just incredible and the best thing is that, at the beginning, no one really rated her and then she sang Purple Rain and then just delivered 100% every single week. She didn't have an off week, that I can remember, and didn't deserve to go.

Everybody has somebody who they don’t like. It’s part and parcel of the competition and to be fair you did say that you don’t understand how JLS are still there. I’ve seen people on this forum talk about how they didn’t like Rachel, even though she lasted a lot longer than some of the other contestants. It seems as though you’ve taken it a bit personally because people haven’t warmed to one of your favourite contestants (assumption but apologies if I’m wrong).

I’m quite prepared to admit as I already have that he annoyed me last night. It was Diana’s last song, it was her moment for the audience to savour and appreciate the amount of effort she had put into competition over the last few weeks and he had go onstage and start crying and make it all about him.

But I agree with you that Ruth defiantly shouldn’t have gone last week. And that’s two decent people - herself and Laura - that maybe could have gone further in the competition.

Everybody has somebody who they don’t like. It’s part and parcel of the competition and to be fair you did say that you don’t understand how JLS are still there. I’ve seen people on this forum talk about how they didn’t like Rachel, even though she lasted a lot longer than some of the other contestants. It seems as though you’ve taken it a bit personally because people haven’t warmed to one of your favourite contestants (assumption but apologies if I’m wrong).

I’m quite prepared to admit as I already have that he annoyed me last night. It was Diana’s last song, it was her moment for the audience to savour and appreciate the amount of effort she had put into competition over the last few weeks and he had go onstage and start crying and make it all about him.

But I'm not calling each member of JLS a "b****cks" or a "d**khead" - which is what people are calling Eoghan. And nope, Eoghan is definitely not my favorite, I just can't stand people throwing insulting comments at him because he got through. (My favorites were Rachel and Ruth)

I have no problem with people saying what I said, like "I don't see how Eoghan got through. He isn't that great" - but I have a problem with this (and these are exact quotes from a forum):

Eoghan's such a sap. Get ourrih here.

I think he's an odd little woman dressed up as a boy.

How the f**k that little ******** is still in it is beyond me.

Now that shes gone, its like.....aww, Diana!!

I hate Eoghan even more now

He is either a spinless eejit fishing for sympathy votes....

Or he simply has no testicles.

Can't believe Eoghan is in the final - Have you seen the state of his head

Seriously. I really can't stand that crap. And I was annoyed that he ran out on stage while Diana was still singing, but I don't think it was his intention to be the centre of attention. I think he was just too overwhelmed. It wouldn't surprise me if they were dating, and for the producers to put them in the bottom two together was a low move.

Like I said before, I don't want any of the finalists to win... but I guess one of them has to. :( I hope Rachel and Ruth do a duet. :P

Oh no you didn't! :P

I agree with your last three paragraphs though, JLS are average (yet I am getting my dad to vote for them next week! They're the only ones left that can sing!), Alex just isn't original and we really don't need another Mariah/Whitney/Beyonce/Rihanna/Leona etc etc etc. There's a million of her, and I'm scared that she's absolutely going to butcher Hallelujah into a big ballad (which is my favourite effing song!) And yes, Ruth should be there a million times over.

I think Eoghan is terrible, and I do abuse him when I'm talking to my friends or people on MSN or the Diana Live Chat, but i never actually do it publically. But yes, I really dislike Eoghan and he can't sing. Maybe in a few years he'll be able to hold a tune, but right now, no he can't (in my opinion).

Diana is the most talented singer the X factor has had, but bizzarely being a generic, unoriginal copycat is better :ph34r: Girlfriend was so fun, but while it was good to see Diana have a big production like Call Me in week 4, she was so obviously pressured by Louis after he basically said she was getting boring. But Bless Her, you could see it wasn't her comfort zone. White Flag was so emotional, I'm listening to it now actually. It's beautiful.

Anyway, this is all my opinion and it doesn't matter what i say because at the end of the day it's the british public that vote and what they like... well, will win.

Claire-louise if I offended you I never meant to, I just jump into these things without thinking. I am sorry

Of course you didn't. :)

I'm backing JLS now that Diana has gone as they've always been my second favourite. I know Alex is 90% there already, but I can hope. :rolleyes: I really do think that JLS stand a better chance of having a career out of it in the long run - they're talented, charismatic and they'd have a clear run at the market as there's nothing similar out there at the moment. They're like a funky Boys II Men - love them!

Gutted! Really, really gutted! :( Shed a few tears too. I would have loved it if she would've made the final two. That way at least we would have been able to hear her version of Hallelujah, and guaranteed it would have been amazing. I hope it leaks after the show is over. I'm really eager to hear the full. Nikki's version of "When You Believe" got leaked, and apparently she performed it at gigs. I hope Diana does it too. On her performance, I loved "Girlfriend". It was much better than I though it would be and, I though it was better than "White Flag". Apart of me still thinks that if she had chosen a better song than "White Flag", preferably "The Blower's Daughter" or something by Damien Rice, She would have been in the final.

Alex has a great voice. But I'm just not bothered with her. *Shrugs* As someone pointed out before, there's not a gap in the market for her. We have sooo many female artists just like her, dominating the charts. She's determined to win and passionate about music, but I do find it a bit strange that she didn't get any of her demo's out, seeing as Joss Stone is her best friend & Her mother being a part of an Grammy Award winning group. :blink:

Eoghan. Well Eoghan is Eoghan. He shouldn't be there Imo. He has the weakest voice. I see the tweenies, grannies and mothers voting for him and he might actually win on those votes, but after the X Factor I see him disappearing. He's performance's done nothing for me. In fact his Abba performance was cringeworthy. Soo camp! I do think it was cruel though, to have him and Diana in the bottom 2. <_<

JLS! :D I want them to win no that Diana's out! There's something about them. They always make me smile! & it would be lovely if a group won. Loved both of their performance. In particular The last song. I do think though, that they should let Oritse take lead sometimes. I'm getting a bit sick of Ashton's vocals. lol!

Eoghan crashing on stage mid song was odd! He could've waited till she was finished. lol! & then the others joining in. It was a sweet moment though. :)

Archived