Love Problems

Guest jack+martha=trooluvv

Well i talked to him last night, coz i couldn't find him at school :rolleyes:

So i asked him if he really did love me and he said he did, but i didn't really believe him so i asked him to tell me what he said the night of the party and he did, i was like :o, then he goes to me "i love you Katie, i think your 'the one' for me" i was like :o

Um, yeah we're together now :wub::D

Thanks for the advice guys!

That's awsome...I hope it works outfor you.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw Jess that's so rubbish for you and so weird as I was literally on my way here to complain about the exact same thing. I'd say probably leave it for now, see how it goes at uni and then maybe work out what you want to do. How's it going with the other guy you're going to uni with, the one with the girlfriend?

Well I've just started uni and seriously, boys are like buses, nothing for ages and then suddenly three come along at the same time...I definately heard that in a film somewhere recently. But anyway, I've met such a great guy here who I vaguely knew way back in time and it's been so great to have that new and exciting flirty feeling. But then there's my ex-boyfriend. It's been a month now and we've chatted through so many of our problems. It's like, now we're not together we can talk to eachother like normal human beings without screaming at eachother. Anyway, he's coming to stay with me next week. I know it sounds like a crazy idea but I miss him so much. And I just want to see him, to work out once and for all what I'm going to do.

The sensible part of my brain is telling me to let him go and move on. But then there's a huge part of me saying we should give it a second chance. When it was good it was reeeeally good.

Gaaaah! Don't know what to do! Help please??

Yeah, 'tis a bit crappy, to be honest. <_< But I am SO excited about uni, so it's kinda keeping me from becoming a total bum about it all. Oh, it's going 'kay, I guess. He calls quite a lot - but only to talk about how rubbish our enrolment process is. :rolleyes: And how much he hates his department. :rolleyes: Fun times. Goodness only knows what's gonna happen at uni - me + him + alcohol = fairly predictable result. :rolleyes:

Oooh, offtopic, how's it going generally? I go on Sunday - can't waaaaaait! I just hope my hallmates are nice!

I think you need to remember, like other people have said, that there were reasons why you guys broke up in the first place, and these probably won't have changed in the last month. By all means see him, if you think you need the closure and the resolution, but it might not be a good idea to have him stay over. I think it's only natural to always feel something for an ex, and if you're confused about how you feel on top of that, so him staying over could make things a whole lot more complicated. Is it too far for him to just come and see you for the day, and then take it from there?

That is a very good point actually, it's only a couple of hours for him so he could drive up and see me and then head back that night. I might suggest it to him, the only problem being that I really want to see him and have him here as long as possible!! I'm going to see how it goes when he gets here and then who knows... I'm just going to try and not obsess about it before he comes and build up expectation.

Offtopic as well, it's going really well! It's all a bit overwhelming because it seems to be a big reunion for everyone I know so I've already got loads of friends here. And I'm probably not making as much of an effort as I should be but all in all, going really well. Although I've already got fresher's flu and it's been about two days! Good luck, you'll be fine. Everyone is so nice, now anyway, I'm sure true colours will start to show sooner or later! :D

I need a lil bit of help.

Everythings great with my boyfriend, buuuuuuuut he's like considered one of the 'hot guys' at school so every slut in year 9 flirts with him <_< i talked to him about it but he says i have nothing to worried about coz he loves me and he would never hurt me, but i still can't get rid of that feeling :(

Will the feeling go away?? :unsure:

Aw, Katie. Well if you know for certain that he wont do anything like that, then you have nothing to worry about. But you know guy's these days.. They say something, and do another thing. You can't trust anyone, but yourself. So if he said to you that he wouldn't do anything with those girl's then just trust your instinct, and just trust him. And if he actually does anything with those other chicks, then just dump him, because theres nothing worse then going out with a 'hot' guy, and him cheating you. No-one deserves that.

So I'd say just give him a change. And just see what happens..

Seriously, you can't go living life protecting yourself against things that might happen. If he says he loves you and wouldn't do that to you and you love him too then just believe him, trust him and let it go. If you find it difficult to trust him then the relationship's never going to work out properly because there'll always be a wall between you. Speaking from experience, keeping people at arms length because you think they're going to cheat on you and it will hurt less when they do because you haven't let them get close, is never a good way to enter into a relationship.

I am in no means telling you that's what's happening with you or will happen with you but if you learn to truly trust him now those jealous/worried feelings will go away.

And congrats on the new boyfriend by the way :D

I think boyfriends are way too much trouble, I mean mine flipped at the idea of me going to london with one of my ex's and my best friend. I have repeatedly told him I am not interested in my ex that way but he just wont listen! Any advice?

Oh I wish I could tell you what to do about that one, it's such a difficult situation and one I have put up with for the last year/year and a half and I still don't know what to do! This is really his problem so there's not much you really can do except just calmly explain to him that nothing's going to happen and go anyway. And then don't speak to him for a little while and let him fume away and realise that he's the one with the problem here. Just try not to get arguing about it, that's when it gets really explosive and you both say things you don't mean.

Oh I wish I could tell you what to do about that one, it's such a difficult situation and one I have put up with for the last year/year and a half and I still don't know what to do! This is really his problem so there's not much you really can do except just calmly explain to him that nothing's going to happen and go anyway. And then don't speak to him for a little while and let him fume away and realise that he's the one with the problem here. Just try not to get arguing about it, that's when it gets really explosive and you both say things you don't mean.

I know, its just I dont want to leave on a bad note I really dont but I suppose he has to deal with it.

The wonders of alcohol, it gives you the courage to say what you really want. :lol:

Don't I know it?!?! My boyfriend and I got together when we were pissed, and now we've been together for a year and a half. And two of my other friends got with thier boyfriends when they were drunk, and they too have lasted as long as me and my boy! So if anyone said alcohol doesn't build relationships, I will prove them wrong! :P

How else do you think I got with my husband and preggers? :ph34r:

I need a lil bit of help.

Everythings great with my boyfriend, buuuuuuuut he's like considered one of the 'hot guys' at school so every slut in year 9 flirts with him <_< i talked to him about it but he says i have nothing to worried about coz he loves me and he would never hurt me, but i still can't get rid of that feeling :(

Will the feeling go away??

Aw Katie, that's not good to hear. But I think you're worrying about nothing. The more you think about it, the more it's going to ruin your relationship.

I think boyfriends are way too much trouble, I mean mine flipped at the idea of me going to london with one of my ex's and my best friend. I have repeatedly told him I am not interested in my ex that way but he just wont listen! Any advice?

An update on this, we split up yesterday, he spend most of the day interrogating me about all the arrangements which I told him about countless times and he still didnt trust me or my ex so he dumped me. It was his problem and he dumped me. Then he tells the whole world he is going out with my best friend, I feel so betrayed and angry :angry:

Archived