Sinful Seduction?

Guest vale4eva

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys :)

Warning: content may not be suitable for younger readers!

Enjoy :D

Chapter 13:

The house felt deserted. Tony, Kate and Elli had all left about an hour ago, and now Jack and Martha sat alone on Martha’s bed. Although it had taken him a while, Jack had eventually plucked up the courage to sit with her. At first it was predictably awkward, but as time went by, their conversation grew more comfortable, setting them both at ease.

Now they had found themselves discussing Martha’s ever-frustrating situation…

“You should have seen me today Jack” she smiled sadly, “I put on an Oscar award winning performance. Dad was so fooled” she lowered her head in shame. “I’ve never acted that well before” she spoke softly, her face frowning in disgrace at the thought of her earlier actions.

Placing a hand on her back he gently rubbed up and down; gently massaging the tight muscles that lay beneath her top.

“I just, I hate lying to him, but I couldn’t stand it if he knew I’d failed. He’d be so gutted … I don’t want him to be disappointed in me … I don’t want to let him down” her sad eyes began to tear up.

“Hey come on now, how many more times. He wouldn’t be disappointed in you, please don’t think that; he’d just be disappointed for you.”

Raising her head to meet his eyes, she scrunched up her face, “isn’t that the same thing?”

His forehead wrinkled as he thought for a brief moment, “No, its not” he shook his head, “It’s disappointing that you’re stuck in this situation, that’s all. And it’s just unfortunate that you failed … its just one of those things, one of which you can correct” he tried his best to support her.

She snivelled away her tears and runny nose, “yeah, you’re right. I mean I’ll have to correct it, if I don’t want him to be …”

“STOP. RIGHT. THERE. MISSY!” he abruptly halted her. “If you say ‘I don’t want him to be disappointed in me’, one more time, I swear I’ll pound on you” he mocked her; warning her with a grin, “And once I start, it’s likely I won’t be able to stop. You know I’ll only end up enjoying it” he smirked at her with lusty eyes.

She laughed softly as she shook her head at him, before turning away from him to mutter, “Hh, yeah … me too” she raised her eyebrows out of sight.

“Sorry? What was that?” he frowned, unable to make out her mumble.

“Oh, nothing” she smiled back…

…………………………

(7pm)

After their little heart to heart, Martha had persuaded Jack to leave her alone, she needed to keep up with her studies, because in her eyes, every second was vital for her passing her exams.

It had now been 50 minutes since Jack had left the house, and Martha couldn’t help but feel awfully cold and lonely. But she forced herself to focus, her exams were more important, and any thoughts about Jack would only prove to be a distraction…

…………………………

Jack meanwhile drove around the bay, stopping off at the various places near the beachside, before taking off to his next unknown destination.

He hadn’t the faintest idea where he was heading. All he knew was, Martha had her studies to think about, and with him hanging around the house, it was fairly obvious she wouldn’t get a lot done.

If only he had some friends to catch up with; he thought as he rolled his eyes.

He had been living with Tony for several years now, and he had approximately … 3 friends, and one of them was Martha, well, if you could really call her a friend.

The truth was, growing up in such a shady and dangerous neighbourhood had taught him a few vital lessons.

The first being, never mix grape and grain; well that was pretty much a given.

The second, never accept (what appears to be) a generous favour. Because there will most definitely be an ulterior motive involved.

And finally, trust no one but yourself, as everyone in life is pretty much out for themselves. Those of whom you originally thought were your friends for life, would no doubt turn into cruel backstabbing barst*ds.

Of course summer bay was the complete opposite to his previous life, but you can never be too careful where people are concerned.

And so, from the day he had discovered his new family, Jack had made a promise to himself, to never allow for himself to get hurt. He would never trust a single person again (aside from his family), which evidently made the idea of making new friends a little hard.

But at least he had Martha, because in all honesty, she wasn’t just eye-candy to him anymore, or someone to flirt with and constantly tease, she was his best friend … his soul mate, and currently the light of his life.

Not that he would ever tell her that!

…………………………

The sound of the door slamming shut could suddenly be heard, followed by a Jacket being flung onto the couch and a bag being thrown into the corner of the hallway, which meant one thing...

Jack was back.

She smiled, glad that he was back to hopefully tear her away from her studies…

He would definitely be a welcome distraction for her now.

As predicted, there was a gentle tap on the doorframe, followed by his head poking around the side, as he made his entrance. “Hey, how’s it going?”

“Hey” she smiled, “Erm, It’s not, actually. For some reason my head can’t take anymore” she pouted her lips at him.

He smiled as he stepped inside; taking a seat on her bed and turning to face her. “Hmm, well your head is looking a little larger than usual” he teasingly inspected her head with a frown, before grinning.

“Don’t” she laughed; giving him a gentle shove, “I might actually believe it”.

He chuckled at her comment; “don’t be silly, its still normal Martha size” he smiled; reaching over and placing his hand at the back of her head, giving her hair one long and slow stroke.

She smiled as she felt him touch her, briefly closing her eyes, but it lasted merely 3 seconds as he soon pulled away...

His eyes scanned the area of her room; the papers scattered all over her bed and floor, and her pens and pen lids discarded all over the table.

He couldn’t help but fear for her; this obsession she had to pass her exams unnerved him completely. Overworking was never a good option; especially where Martha was concerned, as it was likely that she would end up making herself ill…

“So, where’d you go?” she asked; dragging him away from his thoughts.

“Oh, you know, just around,” he shrugged as he picked up one of her cuddly toys; swinging it in between his fingers.

She nodded back; he was always so blasé about everything ... she hated it!

“Around huh? So is that where you’ve been for the past few days … around?”

He frowned uneasily, “Well … yeah. What’s the problem? I was here less than 2 hours ago” he looked at her as if she was stupid.

“Yes, I am aware of that” she rolled her eyes. “I just meant … oh it doesn’t matter” she huffed.

“No, you’ve obviously got something to say, so say it” he urged her, but remained relatively cool; he didn’t want to start an argument for nothing.

“Well, I don’t know” she began with hesitance, “you’ve been … different lately, that’s all”.

“Different?” he repeated.

“Well yeah … I hardly see you for one”.

“I’m just leaving you to it; I thought that was what you wanted?”

“It is” she softly answered back.

“Then, what’s the problem?” he smiled awkwardly; not really knowing what the issue was.

“There’s no problem, I just …” she shrugged, not wanting to say the wrong thing, “you’ve just, been a little distance with me.”

“So you’re mad that I’m not around as much?” he questioned her.

“No” she quickly added, before frowning uncomfortably “… maybe”.

“Well which is it? Are you mad that I’m spending too much time with you, or not enough?”

“I…I don’t know. You’re confusing me” she stumbled over her words.

“Look its quite simple, you need time to revise so I’m giving you that time, I’m doing your shifts for you, I’m staying out of your way, what more do you want?”

“Nothing” she exclaimed helplessly.

“God, I can’t win with you can I?” he shook his head away from her.

“Sorry?”

“Well if I’m always around you, you get mad at me for bothering you, and if I’m not around you at all, you still get mad at me. You can’t have it both ways Martha,” he told her with the shake of his head.

“I know that” she sighed, “look, I don’t care, I was just making a general comment, you’ve just blown it out of proportion” she sulked as she frowned at him.

He rolled his eyes, shaking his head, “whatever”.

She paused slightly, taking a breath as she tried to come to a coherent way of saying it, “All I’m saying is; I know you’re just staying out of the way for my benefit, but … it doesn’t mean you have to stay away completely”.

“But I’m not! Look at me now! I’m right here!” he argued back.

“I know that” she answered back through gritted teeth, a little annoyed at herself for even bringing it up; because it wasn’t as if Jack was a complete stranger. Sure he wasn’t bugging her like he used to, but he was still there for her, if anything he had been her rock, the one person that had so far pulled her through this shambles of a situation. So why was she suddenly questioning his actions?

“Look, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to …” she began with a sigh, but the words just wouldn’t come to her, “lets just leave it yeah”.

He nodded, still feeling a little uneasy about the entire thing but he chose to let it go.

“Why don’t you think about giving it a rest for tonight” he suggested as he shuffled off her bed; placing her cuddly toy down onto the table.

“Yeah, I will do,” she replied in a muted tone.

“Right, well I’ll be … around” he mocked her, giving her a smirk before leaving her bedroom and strolling off down the hallway.

She glared at his back as she watched him leave, before throwing herself backwards in a huff and lying on the bed.

…………………………

(30 minutes later)

Standing at her doorway with his hands on his hips, he shook his head at her; “I thought we agreed you’d leave it for tonight”.

“I know, I am” she quickly closed the books and placed them down onto the table, “see” she grinned up at him smartly.

He rolled his eyes at her. “Well good!” he told her with a straight face, before grinning, “So, do you want to watch some TV?”

“Actually, I don’t think my head could take much more stimulation” she groaned as she rubbed at her temples.

“Right, well, I could run you a bath? I hear they’re good for relaxing” he shrugged.

“Yeah, they are” she grinned at him. “But I think I’ll pass on that one as well, I don’t think I have the energy to actually keep my body a float” she sighed, before chuckling softly, “but thanks anyway”.

“You know, you’re not making this easy for me” he smirked as he raised an eyebrow.

She giggled at his comment, “I know, I’m sorry, I’m not usually this fussy”.

Walking over towards the bed he perched himself on the edge. “Well, we could go out? Go to a bar or for a walk or something?”

“Hmm, that’s a nice idea but I think I’ll…”

“Have to pass, yeah right, I got it” he finished her sentence with a grin.

“Sorry” she apologised with a smile as she looked up at him from where she sat.

“No worries, I guess some of us are just harder to please than others” he cocked an eyebrow at her.

She giggled to herself as she looked at him.

“Well” he thought for a moment, tapping his index finger against his cheek “… How about I cook you some dinner instead?” he suggested.

“Aw, you’re going to cook dinner? That’s a first” she smirked, “should I get a doctor on standby?” she giggled.

“Erm excuse me, I happen to be a master chief in the making” he held his head up high.

“Hm, I believe you” she smiled, “so, what are you going make me chef Holden?”

“Well” he began, elongating his words, "I'm thinking ... something exotic" he flashed her an intense and sexy look as his dark eyes narrowed slightly, “How does … baked beans on toast sound to you?” he grinned at her.

She chuckled at his reply, shaking her head slightly; she must have been a total fool to think he’d actually be able to cook a substantial meal.

“Actually, baked bean’s on toast sounds rather appealing” she said with a soft chuckle; before her face scrunched up as she thought for a brief moment, “… I think I must be losing my mind” she muttered before grinning back.

Preview: Will Jacks baked beans on toast go to plan? And emotions are running high … What will happen to make them go from :D to :( in the space of 5 minutes?

Preview: Will Jacks baked beans on toast go to plan? And emotions are running high … What will happen to make them go from :D to :( in the space of 5 minutes?

:unsure: .... From :D To :(

Rachy.... What are you going to do to poor Jacky and Martha!

Evil!!!

Awww Jackys Cooking backed beans on toast!!!

Matha should just tell Tony about her exam, im sure he would understand!

More soon please!!!!

Siana__x

Oh great. Just when they were getting a tiny bit closer, they argue... again :rolleyes:

Oh, if she just would have taken that bath...

Hopefully Jack's baked beans on toast will stop them from arguing because Martha can't say anything with food in her mouth :lol:

But what can make them go from :D to :( in the space of five minutes?

More please!

Archived