Sinful Seduction?

Guest vale4eva

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack's right about the fact that Martha needs to study, but everyone needs a break from time to time. But he's so sweet that he takes over her shift so she can study :wub:

Now this awkwardness is starting to get on my nerves <_<:P And the preview is not exactly helping :rolleyes:

Martha should tell her family. It's only going to get ten times worse if they find out that she failed from someone else than Martha -_-

More please!

^Thanks people! Your words make me happy!

Warning: content maybe unsuitable for younger readers!

Note: Im not sure if I like this chapter ... its a little, blaaah in places :blink: lol

Its got crap writing and ... I just really dont appreicate it

Hopefully things will pick up in the next few chapters :)

Enjoy :D

Chapter 12:

“So where’s that cute brother of yours” asked Lisa who had recently come over to help Martha with her studies.

“Oh, he’s …” she shrugged, “around”.

“Right” she nodded, scanning her eyes across the area in search of him, “So is he still single?” she perked up.

Martha frowned at her friends question, not only were they supposed to be studying, but the idea of her friend and Jack getting together didn’t exactly amuse her. “Can we just focus on my work and stop getting sidetracked” she glared at her friend.

“Yeah, sorry” she chuckled.

Footsteps could be heard to their side; and (unfortunately for Martha) almost right on cue, in walked Jack.

Morning” he managed to grunt the word as he walked passed them in a daze; his bare torso showing off as he wore nothing but his jogging pants.

“Hey! We were just talking about you” grinned Lisa as she called over to him; her eyes not failing to inspect his well built physique.

“Oh really” he walked back in to face her, “I wondered why my ears were burning”.

She giggled in a girly-like manor, while Jack and Martha remained silent, neither of them really seeing the funny side of it.

“So, how’s the study going?” he turned his attention onto Martha, who was sat on the carpet, surrounded by books and folders filled with a mountain of work.

“Actually, I’d prefer not to say” she gave him an uneasy look before turning back to her work.

“Oh come on Mac, you know more than you think you do, you’ll ace it next time around” Lisa supported her friend like a good little trooper.

“Yeah, thanks”.

“And hey, its not like you have to work at the club anymore, not now a certain amazing someone is doing all of your shifts for you” she grinned up at Jack, “She’s so lucky to have a big brother like you Jack,” she told him. “Taking all of her late-night shifts for her; I wish I had a brother like that” she gave Martha a nudge, which only proceeded to infuriate her even more.

“Hmm yeah, I guess some of us are just lucky in life” Jack casually replied as he took a final gulp of his orange juice.

“Anyway, I think I’ll leave you guys to it” he added. Suddenly becoming increasingly aware of Lisa’s over-excitable expression, if he didn’t leave now, he’d no doubt be stuck there all morning.

Giving them wave, he strolled back off to bed…

Ensuring he was out of sight, an eager Lisa turned back to Martha, “I tell you what. There are 3 things that come to mind right now … Me, Jack, and a tub of cool chocolate ice cream, Mhmm” she licked her lips as she drifted off into her own little world, “man that guy gets hotter every time I see him” she sighed; which earned her an un-impressed glare from Martha’s direction.

“What!?”

……………………………………

(Later that day)

Martha sat on the couch, her body angled towards Jack as she watched him flick through the television channels.

“Anything on?”

“Nah, not really. Well, not unless you want to watch ‘wood working with Bill’?” he cocked an eyebrow at her.

She giggled under her breath as she shook her head, “Yeah, thanks but I think I’ll pass, for some reason that sounds far too R rated for my liking; I doubt my innocent eyes could take it” she held her head high as she briefly turned away from him; stifling her laugh in the process.

“Innocent? Who are you kidding” he smirked back; before his face lit up into a warm smile.

The atmosphere was calm and relatively normal as Jack and Martha sat alone and at ease in the living room. In fact, it was all a little too normal for Martha’s liking.

If an oblivious onlooker were to catch them now, they’d surely assume this was just an everyday occurrence for a brother and sister to hang around the house watching TV all day. But truth be told, this was quite a rarity for them.

Ordinarily, Martha would be stuck in her room doing her absolute most to avoid Jack at all costs, meanwhile Jack would find some way of sneaking into her room to pester and flirt with her, until they were both bored brainless.

But things change … and people change … and now it was almost as if the past had never happened, and Jack was a somewhat changed man.

Ever since she had received her exam results and her world had come crashing down; he had backed away completely. His pestering was brought down to a minimum, and his flirting was currently non existent.

Clearly he had the utter most respect for her, obeying her wishes and allowing for her to focus on her revision. She really didn’t give him enough credit at times; he could be so thoughtful…

Despite that however, she couldn’t help but miss his smart remarks.

True, his flirting and smart-aleck comments could infuriate her almost all of the time, but if she was honest, she missed being the centre of his attention. The one person he would pay compliments to, fuss over and generally just always want to be around, and now, it was like she was completely invisible to him. Dare she say it; it was almost like they were brother and sister!

“How’s the car?” asked Jack as he kept his eyes fixed on the television screen.

“No change unfortunately. I haven’t had a chance to sort it out”.

“I can get someone to take a look at it if you want?” he turned to her, “Since you’re busy and all” he offered.

“You’d really do that for me?” she smiled.

“Sure, got nothing else to do” he shrugged, trying to make out like it wasn’t a big deal.

“Well, thank you, that’d be great”.

“No probs” he casually brushed it off as he took to his feet; grabbing her car keys off the side table and unhooking his coat off the hanger.

“Jack” she called him back as he went for the door.

“Yeah?”

“I really mean it you know; thank you, you’ve been so great these past few days, I don’t know what I’d do without you” she shyly spoke the words, feeling a slight blush touch her cheeks.

He released a nervous smile, not really knowing what to say, “You’re welcome. I just want you to do well. No one deserves to succeed more than you do Martha” he told her with so much kindness.

She smiled back, touched by his thoughtful words; “Thanks, that’s … really sweet”.

The moment turned awkward and Jack shuffled on his feet; timidly scratching the back of his head as a distraction, “well, I better get going, the garage won’t stay open forever” he tried to excuse himself.

“Yeah” she replied softly; she too felt rather uncomfortable, “Well, thanks again.”

“No worries; I’ll see you later.”

“Yeah … Bye…” her words drifted away into the air as she watched him leave the apartment.

She frowned, inside her sadness seeping through; she really did miss the old Jack Holden…

…………………………………

(The following morning)

Martha scrambled down the hallway at light-speed, her slippers falling off her feet as she dashed in fright for the letter.

Clutching the envelope in her shaky hand she analysed the address;

IMPORTANT:

If not received, return to…

Aldersveale University

Sydney

SV7 5EH

This was it, her exam results had arrived, the very ones she had been dreading.

Of course she was already aware of her doomed fate thanks to Lisa, but her father had been anxiously awaiting her news, and now, she’d have to tell him … right!?

“Are those your exam results?” said Tony as he stood behind her; coffee in hand.

Spinning around in shock she hastily threw her hands behind her back, “NO” she shot back, a little too quickly for her liking. “No” she tried to laugh it off, “it’s umm, a letter, from my … pen-pal”.

“You have a pen-pal?” he frowned in curiosity; slightly moving from side to side as he tried his best to look at the letter.

“Yep, sure do” she grinned, “from … England” she quickly added.

“England?”

“Yeah, I met her on holiday, and we exchanged addresses and numbers and … she’s really cool. I actually can’t believe she wrote to me!” she beamed in joy as she held the letter to her chest, “excuse me, I’m going to go and read this” she gave her father a smile before she dashed off into her bedroom, her heart pounding out of her chest and her stomach currently in her mouth.

Closing the door behind her she clung desperately onto the letter. “Pheuw, that was close” she breathed a sigh of relief.

She couldn’t help but grin as she walked over towards her bed; pleased at her latest accomplishment, before she sat down and placed the letter on her pillow.

She was a better actress than she’d thought!

He didn’t suspect a thing!

Preview: An inch of comfort ... a tiny fight ... and baked beans on toast? :blink:

Note: I'm pissed off! Some people can be right pains in the ass' at times! :angry: (sorry, just having a little real life drama lol)

Heres a tip to you lovely people ... never rely on anyone but yourself lol

Lisa, stay away from Jack! Do you hear me? :angry: Besides, he doesn't seem interested.

Martha misses the old Jack. I miss him too. He has to start flirting with her again. :wink:

Jack is so thoughtful and so nice. :wub:

It's still awkward between them. :(

Martha has to tell Tony. He's going to find out.

^Note: I'm pissed off! Some people can be right pains in the ass' at times! (sorry, just having a little real life drama lol)

Heres a tip to you lovely people ... never rely on anyone but yourself lol

Sounds like you had a bad day! :( Hope it will get better.

More please.

Aww, Martha misses the old Jack :wub: Maybe when he comes back, she will admit that she likes him :wink:

Jack's such a sweet guy :wub: He's willing to go through so much trouble, just for her :wub:

We want flirty Jack back :-P

And Lisa should back off :angry: And Jack didn't seem interested anyway, so she could just get lost >_<

More please!

Archived