Love Has Arrived

Guest valli

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm... It appears that the longer I wait with the update, the more reviewers I get. Maybe I should wait with the update then? :ph34r:

Would have loved to see your reactions to that :lol: But anyway, it will be longer between each update from now on. I have only one half-year left on the school I am now (thank God for that!) and it's important that I get good grades, so I can get into the school I want to. Just so you know.

Then... the update.

Enjoy :D

Content not suitable for younger readers

Chapter 19. Memories

Jack ran as fast as he could. His lungs were gasping for air and his legs were begging him to stop. But he knew he couldn’t. Even a couple of minutes could be fatal. He felt his heart beating very fast and he felt the wind hitting his eyes, so tears were running down his cheeks. He almost stumbled, but managed to stay on his feet. He saw the hospital and almost ran straight into the doors. The nurse at the reception looked at him.

“Have you seen a girl named Martha Mackenzie?” Jack asked while breathing heavily.

“She over there,” she replied and pointed at a girl who Jack recognized as Martha.

“Thanks,” he said and went over to her. He laid his hand on her shoulder. She turned around and looked scared at him.

She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to see who it was. When she saw that the man was no other than Jack Holden she got scared. What was he doing here?

“You didn’t think telling me that you were pregnant were important?” he said while holding her shoulder so she couldn’t get away.

“I thought it was the best thing to do. And I still do,” she replied, but she didn’t sound very convincing.

“I don’t believe you,” Jack said with a look Martha knew only too well. It was the look she first had noticed when she saw Jack for the first time. It was the look that made her go weak in the knees. The look that made her feel so special. That she and Jack were the only two people on Earth. But it was also the look that she couldn’t resist and she knew that there was no way she would be able to go through with the abortion now that he was here.

Jack gave Martha “the look” He knew that she would fall apart and realize that she was making a mistake if he only looked long enough. He sat down next to her, still looking, and placed his hand on her back, gently rubbing it.

“I don’t believe you,” he said again and this time she couldn’t hold the tears back. She started to sob and hid her face in her hands.

“Shhhh,” Jack said and placed his hands around her body and let her sink down in his chest.

She sank down in his chest and felt his heart beat. She felt his breath on her neck and for some reason, it made her calm. She was able to relax around Jack. He made her feel safe for the first time in a very long time.

You’re always saving me,” she whispered gently to him. She looked up at him and saw him smile.

“How can I not? You’re a beautiful girl. In fact you are the most beautiful girl I’ve ever met,”

Even though the words were so romantic and she wanted nothing more than to feel his soft lips against hers, she still had this doubt in her heart that told her to be careful, and to not rush into anything. She felt his lips on her cheek and they were slowly moving down towards her lips. She didn’t know what to do. Should she kiss him or turn him down? Fortunately for her, she didn’t have to decide for herself.

“Miss Mackenzie?”

It was her turn. It was now or never…

1 hour later

Jack was sitting on the couch while Martha was in the shower. He was thinking. Maybe there was a reason that everything had turned out the way it did. Like when Martha was about to take the abortion:

“I have to go,” she said and sat up. She looked frightened and was probably having second thoughts. Of course he couldn’t know for sure, but Jack was good at telling when a girl was upset.

“You don’t have to do this,” he said and held her arm tightly.

“Yes, I do. I’m sorry Jack,” she said and he let go of her hand. She turned around and walked away from him. She felt tears running down her cheeks and she mostly wanted to run far away. She knew Jack was looking at her. How could she do this to him? He had taken so good care of her, he had loved her like no else had ever done. And now she was betraying him. She was hurting him more than she could handle. Could she ever forgive herself if she went through with this? No, she couldn’t. She stopped and listened. She heard someone getting up and heard footsteps coming closer. She looked to the side and Jack walked pass and stood now in front of her.

“You don’t have to do this,” he said again and removed some hair from her face. His touch was so gentle.

“I can’t do this,” she said before she started to cry again and Jack took her in his arms and held her close to his body.

He heard Martha coming out of the shower and he went over to the bathroom door.

“Are you okay?” he asked through the door.

“I’m okay,” she replied.

“Can I come in?”

He heard the door being unlocked and he opened it. She was sitting on the floor with a towel around her. Jack looked sad at her. She looked so lost, like a little child who couldn’t find its mother. He sat down next to her.

“Are you sure that you’re okay?”

“Jack, I can’t be a mother! I’m not ready!” she exclaimed while tears were, for the third time that day, running down her cheeks. Jack sighed before he took his arms around her.

“Martha, listen to me,” he said and looked deeply into her eyes.

“You are going to be a great mother. Never doubt that. You might feel insecure now, wondering whether you did the right thing or not, but it’ll go away. You did the right thing, that I know for sure. I might not know a lot of things for sure, but this I do know for sure. We are going to be one little happy family,”

He felt kind of proud of himself that he had managed to say that. He was not a very emotional person and usually didn’t show what he really felt. But there was something about Martha. Something that touched the inner places of his heart. And he trusted her with his life.

The words sounded so right when Jack said them. She had done the right thing. But what if she did something wrong? What if something happened to the baby? It would be her fault.

“Stop torturing yourself,” Jack said.

“I’m not,”

“Yes, you are. I can tell,”

Martha looked down at the floor. He could always see right through her. She wanted to tell him that she loved him and that she would always be by his side, but she didn’t manage to get the words out. Suddenly a bell started to ring.

“What is that?” Jack asked while trying to locate the sound.

“I think it’s a bell,”

“Where is it coming from?”

“Have no idea,”

“Maybe it’s Bloody Mary?” Jack teased. He knew that Martha was terrified of ghosts. If there were such a thing.

“Don’t joke about stuff like that!”

Jack started to laugh.

“Stop! It’s not funny!”

“Yes, it is,” Jack said while laughing. Martha pretended that she was angry at him, but she didn’t manage to do that for long before she started to laugh too. Jack moved his body closer to Martha’s. He wanted her, he needed her. If only she would give in…

“Okay, we need to figure out where the sound is coming from,” Martha said and quickly got up. Jack looked disappointed at her.

“Martha…”

“What?”

“Stop doing that,”

“What am I doing?”

“You are avoiding me when I come too close,”

“No, I’m not!”

“Yes, you are,”

Martha realized that what Jack was telling her, was the truth. For some reason she wouldn’t let him come too close. While standing there looking at Jack, she suddenly remembered why the bell was ringing. And it made her sad.

“What is it?” Jack said and got up.

“I just remember why the bell is ringing,”

Jack walked over to her.

“Today is my parent’s anniversary,” she said before she fell down to the floor. The memories… They all came back. She had tried to block them out, but she couldn’t do that anymore. She remembered her mother’s smile and her father’s laughter. She remembered how she always wanted to be as happy as them. And she remembered her twin sister Sarah. People never thought they were twins because they didn’t look anything like each other. Martha looked like her mother, Sarah looked like her father. Sarah… Sarah! She knew she had seen that face somewhere before!

“Sarah!” she exclaimed. Jack looked confused at her.

“What about Sarah?”

“I need to talk to her!”

“Why?”

Martha looked out in the room. How could she have been so blind? But she had always thought… She thought… She had assumed…

“Why do you need to find her?” Jack asked again.

“Because she’s my twin sister!”

Preview: Martha learns the truth about how Sarah survived. And Jack takes Martha on a romantic date. Will she be able to trust him again?

And coming soon in “Love has arrived”: a terrible accident shakes the entire Bay to its core. Lives will be lost, hearts will be broken and one person will lose almost everything…

Archived