Love Has Arrived

Guest valli

I have no idea why I’m posting this one, but I’m doing it anyway.

Story title: Love has arrived

Type of story: Long fic

Rating: A

Main characters: Mostly Jack. But also Kim, Tasha, Robbie and Martha. And some more.

Genre: Romance and drama

Warnings: Sexual content, language and violence/death

Does story include spoilers: No

Is story being proof read: No

Summary: Jack is 21 years old and is at Uni. He lives with his father Tony and his little brother Lucas. He sleeps with random girls he meet at bars, but he’s trying to change. Then one day, a new girl comes in to his life and changes his world forever…

Content not suitable for younger readers

Chapter 1. The first time I saw you.

Jack picked up his boxer shorts while he was trying to get the world to stop spinning. He looked around in the room. He tried to remember how he had got here, but the night before seemed to have vanished from his memory. He turned around and looked down at the woman next to him.

”Damn it!” he swore low to himself. He had promised himself that he would stop sleeping with random women he met at bars. But no. Jack Holden just couldn’t let go.

”Stupid!” he whispered and slapped himself in the face. He got up from the bed and started looking for his clothes. Why could he never leave his stuff where he could find them? He looked under the bed and saw his t-shirt and he tried to reach it, but he was too short and had to crawl in under the bed. He sighed and crawled out from under the bed after he had got his t-shirt. He got dressed and looked around one last time before he left the room.

He sneaked in the window to his room, hoping that no one would have noticed that he hadn’t returned last night. He looked at his watch. It showed 06.37 AM. It was too early to get up now. He had to wait a few hours, so it would seem as if he had been in his room all night. He fell down on the bed and tried to get some sleep. And to his surprise, he did fall asleep. When he woke up, a silhouette was standing over him. He sat up and looked into the face of his little brother, Lucas Holden.

”God, you scared the hell out of me.” Jack said and fell back down in the bed. Lucas just looked at Jack a glimpse in his eyes. Jack looked back.

”What?” he asked and looked curious at Lucas.

”Wouldn’t you like to know.” Luc answered with a pathetic smile on his face.

”I have no idea what you are talking about, and I really don’t care either.”

”I know that you didn’t come home last night.” he said and looked satisfied at Jack’s reaction. Jack had fear written all over his face.

”You are not going to tell Dad, are you?” Jack was in panic. He couldn’t let Tony find out. He had made the promise to himself and to his father. He couldn‘t break that promise. He just had to make sure that Lucas wasn’t going to tell.

”That depends…” Lucas replied with a grin. Luc wanted something, that was for sure.

”What do you want?” Jack was getting angry. Why couldn’t Luc mind his own damn business?

”A date for my prom.” Luc answered. Jack looked confused at him for a second, before he started to laugh.

”Are you serious?” he asked, and tried to hold the tears back. Lucas looked hurt.

”Yes, I am. I need a date, and I want you to find one for me.”

”And what if I don’t?”

”Then I’m going to tell Dad.”

Jack thought about it, and decided that he had to do it. Couldn’t be that difficult.

”Fine, but don’t put your hopes up.”

Lucas smiled, happy that he had got what he wanted, and left the room. Jack looked after him, before he sighed and let his head sink into the pillow.

Jack jumped out of the bus and walked over to Kim, who was waiting for him.

”Yo, what’s up?” Kim said as Jack came over to him.

”Nothing much. Just another girl down.” Jack replied with an ironic tone in his voice. Kim laughed.

”You just can’t help yourself, can you?” he giggled. Jack gave him a push, so he almost fell.

”Shut up!” he said and walked in the doors, to another day at Uni, with new girls to charm.

”Please be quiet!” The teacher, Mr. Beckley, tried desperately to calm down the class.

”We are going to have a new student coming here today. She will start here tomorrow, she’s just visiting today.” Now Mr. Beckley managed to get everyone’s attention. Kim leant over to Jack,

”Another girl to sleep with.” he whispered into Jack’s ear. Jack was about to answer when the new girl walked in. He looked up and was struck by her beauty. Her hair was black, and pulled up in a ponytail. She had brown eyes and a thin, beautiful body. Jack just couldn’t stop looking.

”Everyone, this is…” Mr. Beckley started, but the girl interrupted him.

“I would rather introduce myself later.”

Mr. Beckley looked at her.

“Sure. Just sit down next to Tasha over there.” He said and pointed to the empty seat next to Tasha Andrews. The girl walked over and sat down next to Tasha. She looked around and her eyes met Jack’s. He smiled. She didn’t smile back and looked away. He continued looking, confused because she had been so cold towards him. He was so caught by her beauty that he didn’t pay attention to anything that Mr. Beckley was saying. The bell rang and signalised that it was time for lunch. He tried to catch up with the new girl, but she was too fast for him and had already left the classroom before Jack managed to talk to her.

In the cafeteria, there were students everywhere, so Jack couldn’t find the girl amongst the crowd of people that was gathering to get something to eat. He sighed. He looked around and saw Kim talking to Robbie, the geek who was dating Tasha, and walked over to them.

“Hi.” Robbie said when Jack came over. He just nodded as a reply. Robbie looked confused from Kim to Jack. Kim noticed this and giggled.

“It’s not you, mate. Jack’s just in a bad mood.”

“Oh. Why?”

“The new girl doesn’t want him.” Kim said with a smile that went from one ear to the other. He found the situation amusing.

“Really? What make you say that?” Robbie asked. He couldn’t see what was so amusing about that.

“She’s ignoring me.” Jack answered as Tasha came over to them. Robbie turned around and gave her a kiss, before he placed his hand on her back.

“What are we talking about?” she asked and leant on Robbie, and smiled to Kim.

“The new girl.” Kim replied and returned the smile.

“Oh, the new girl. She seems nice. Don’t you think, Jack?”

Jack wasn’t paying attention, because he had spotted the girl, and he could feel how his body wanted to be close to her. He had never felt it like that before.

Preview: The new girl has her first day at Uni, but who is she? And why is she ignoring Jack?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Content not suitable for younger readers

Chapter 2. I want to know more.

Jack got home and threw his backpack on the floor (much to the annoyance for Tony). He went up to his room and closed the door. He needed to be alone to think. He sat down by his computer and saw the photo of his mother. He wondered if Tony had felt the same way for her as he was feeling for the new girl. Then a message from Kim came in.

“Yo mate. Anything happening at your place?”

Jack smiled. Kim was always looking for an excuse to get out of the house. Not that anyone could blame him. He had the most annoying sister in the world.

“No. Have you found out anything about the new girl?”

“Yeah, her name is Martha Mackenzie. That’s all I know.”

Martha… He said the name to himself over and over again. It was a pretty name.

”Is Martha the girl I’m going to the prom with?” asked a voice from behind. He turned around and saw Lucas at the door.

”No, it’s a new girl in my class.” he replied. Lucas mumbled something that Jack was unable to hear. Then Lucas looked at Jack, with a silly grin.

”What?” Jack looked around, trying to figure out what Lucas was finding amusing.

”Another girl to sleep with?” Lucas asked with sarcastic tone. Jack took a pillow and threw it at Lucas. Why did he had to be stuck with that annoying brat? Lucas dodged the pillow.

”Remember, I want a date to the prom. If I don’t get one, Dad is going to hear all about your little adventure.” he said and marched out of the room. Jack sighed. He had forgot all about his little arrangement with Lucas. How was he going to find someone Lucas could go to the prom with? He always had to do things for Lucas. He hated his little brother sometimes.

”Hey, are you there?”

Robbie was sending messages as well. Even though he and Robbie weren’t the best of friends, he would still answer.

”No.”

”Very funny. How are you holding up? I mean, with the new girl and everything…”

”I’m fine. I found out her name.”

”Oh really? What is it?”

”Martha Mackenzie.”

Just writing the name gave Jack a good feeling. Wonder how her name would sound if they got married? Martha Holden? Martha Mackenzie Holden? He thought about it for a while. It would be Martha Holden. Martha Mackenzie Holden was a bit too long. He was so caught up with his own thoughts that he didn’t notice that Robbie didn’t give him a reply. Tony called out for him from the kitchen.

”Coming!” he called back and switched the computer off. The rest off the day just flew by, because he wanted to see Martha again.

The next morning, Jack woke up at 07.00 AM. He got himself ready and went downstairs to get some breakfast. He grabbed some cornflakes and went back upstairs and sat down by the computer. He had received 3 messages from Robbie. They all said the same: ”I need to talk to you.” He wondered what that meant.

“Why does Robbie need to talk to you?”

Jack turned around.

“Go to hell, Luc!”

“Fine! But I want my date by tonight. Otherwise, I will be having a very interesting conversation with Dad…” Lucas said and went downstairs. Lucas was really getting on Jack’s nerves. No way if he was going to some high school to pick up a date for his little brother! He heard Tony coming out of his bedroom. Tony walked passed the open door to Jack’s room.

“Hey, are you up already?”

“Yeah, I couldn’t sleep.”

Tony nodded.

“I’ll be making some breakfast now, if you want some?”

“No, I’m fine. I had some cornflakes.”

“Okay.”

Tony closed the door and went downstairs. Jack looked out the window. It had started raining.

“Oh, perfect!” he mumbled to himself. He went downstairs, and started looking for his backpack. He looked in the living room, but he couldn’t find anywhere.

“Dad, have you seen my backpack?” he called out.

“Yeah!” was the answer he got. Jack was waiting for Tony to tell him where the backpack was.

“Ehm, you wouldn’t mind telling me where it is?”

“Since you so nicely threw it on the floor, I removed so no one would stumble.”

“Where did you put it?”

“In the closet.”

Jack moaned and opened the closet. And as Tony had said, there was his backpack. He grabbed it and went out to the bus that was taking him to Martha…

Jack had been looking for Martha on the bus, but he hadn’t seen her. Then she didn’t live in the same neighbourhood as him. He got out of the bus, and as usual, Kim was waiting for him. But today, Robbie was waiting for him as well. They both looked conserned for some reason.

“Hi guys, what’s up with you two?”

“There’s something you need to know about Martha.” Robbie said and handed him a paper. Jack took the paper, but he didn’t see what it had to do with Martha.

“Why do I need this?”

“Just read it.”

Jack looked at the paper and started reading:

Village under siege.

Night to Wednesday, a village where held under siege by two men. They denied the citizens any contact with the rest of the world. This is why no one knows what really happened. When the police arrived, there were only three people left.

“I don’t get it. None if this has anything to do with Martha.” Jack said. He hadn’t bothered to read the rest.

“Look at who the three people were.” Robbie said and pointed at three names at the end of the article. Jack kept on reading:

It was the two men, who were immediately arrested, and a girl. At first the police thought there were no survivors, but then they found a girl who had been hiding in the closet. She refused to tell them anything other than her name.

”I still don’t get why I have to read this.”

”Just keep on reading!”

Her name was Martha Mackenzie

Jack looked up. He caught sight of Martha. He had heard about the siege, but not in his wildest dreams would he have expected Martha to be the only survivor.

Preview: Jack knows about Martha’s past. Will he confront her about it?

Archived