Quick Questions

emmauk06

If Bobby had an irregular cycle, alarm bells might not have rung immediately either. Even though the episodes running up to Bobby's miscarriage aired in November, I think time had accelerated in Summer Bay. There was a big fuss made about Christmas in that year and the characters were all doing and saying things you'd expect to see in December. Well, apart from Pippa committing the culinary crime of making her Christmas puddings so close to the big day ? 

You always make me smile with the euphemisms, Will! Believe me, doing "you know what" often sadly needs little time nor preparation... ??

I can't quite imagine Andrew Howie allowing the words do*gi*g (alas Andrew/Stacey style, hello Chris Hale!) nor pr**a***e ej*c**a**on to be muttered in a 1990 script. We never see certain products on the Stewart store shelf. And plenty of bushland around the Bay for two drivers, the male being a serial adulterer, the female single for some time... So we can assume what occured in a "quick**" offscreen moment. Bobby implied that "nothing happened" in that sense with Danny. And that "nothing was happening" with Frank in their final months. So a year for Bobby without "you know what". Western adults should be able to decipher the rest...

Look at it another way, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Bobby herself was the product of "moment of madness" between two married in-laws. Talk about history repeating itself. Wouldn't it have been ironic to see her persuading Carly or Marilyn to hide her own baby?!

Edited by nenehcherry2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Did Chris Reynolds even get a chance to you-know-what Bobby between when she met him and when Alf and Mr Fisher sprung him for playing around on his wife?

Presumably that night when they were out LATE and Bobby returned home the following morning. I doubt they were sitting a field singing "Kumbaya"!?

He's the only candidate who Bobby was seeing at the time and the other guys in her vicinity were basically flat "no"s as they were either attached or she wasn't attracted to them and vice versa.

Sex on this show is a BIG bone of contention with you, isn't it?  ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Sex on this show is a BIG bone of contention with you, isn't it?  ?

A large part of the reason for this Capt. Hulk is because it is so well-hidden, and we have to read between the lines and decipher all the riddles and the pieces of the puzzle to work out that it is happening, before the end result (pregnancy) finally appears.

So I'm watching early 1990 where Donald been arrested for Matt brother death and Viv doesn't want stay with him anymore. She asked Tom to let her stay he says he can't because Viv and Steven are together and it against the rules to let foster kids who are together to be in the same house. Wondering when this rule gos out the window who was the first foster kids to get together? I know Bobby and Frank but assuming they don't count because they were adults? 

P.S how frequently the word bitch gets used is rather jarring especially for a family show in the 90s

6 hours ago, project90 said:

So I'm watching early 1990 where Donald been arrested for Matt brother death and Viv doesn't want stay with him anymore. She asked Tom to let her stay he says he can't because Viv and Steven are together and it against the rules to let foster kids who are together to be in the same house. Wondering when this rule gos out the window who was the first foster kids to get together? I know Bobby and Frank but assuming they don't count because they were adults? 

P.S how frequently the word bitch gets used is rather jarring especially for a family show in the 90s

Frank was over 18 when he and Bobby got together so he technically wasn’t a foster kid anymore but Bobby was 17 (her birthdate was December 1970 according to Martha’s diaries), Steve and Viv were (I’m assuming) still 17 when Fisher was arrested 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Frank was over 18 when he and Bobby got together so he technically wasn’t a foster kid anymore but Bobby was 17 (her birthdate was December 1970 according to Martha’s diaries), Steve and Viv were (I’m assuming) still 17 when Fisher was arrested 

So who were the first under age foster siblings to date?

Frank had moved into the flat behind Ailsa's shop as well, so he wasn't living with Bobby.

The next two "under the same roof" relationships I can think of are Sophie and Haydn and later, Sally and Jack. Pippa and Michael told the department about Sophie and Haydn's relationship before they got married and they okayed it as long as there was no funny business. I don't remember if anything was done about Sally and Jack later on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/05/2023 at 11:30, cymbaline said:

Frank had moved into the flat behind Ailsa's shop as well, so he wasn't living with Bobby.

The next two "under the same roof" relationships I can think of are Sophie and Haydn and later, Sally and Jack. Pippa and Michael told the department about Sophie and Haydn's relationship before they got married and they okayed it as long as there was no funny business. I don't remember if anything was done about Sally and Jack later on. 

Sanctions were imposed but Jack and Sally quickly fell apart and he went off the rails running around with Zinc, Plugger and Dr. D (They would recycle this for Lucas/Matilda a decade later)