Sleepless Nights

Guest carmelle

Jack on the other hand was awake and plotting revenge, against none other than his wife Martha.

:lol: That had me in tears... This whole fic has got me in tears, it's great! It feels like a dark comedy. Colleen's bag, Morag's boxes etc haha... Keep it up!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^Thanks guys, i'm glad you liked it. :D

I've got an update, let me know what you think.

Chapter 4 – Morning at last!

Previously we saw what happens during the night in the Bay; people return, things get hidden, secret phone calls are made, sleeping pills, alcohol and of course not enough sleep. So what does morning have in store for the residents of Summer Bay?

Lets go find out. :D

Ever since she had gotten married Rachel Armstrong found herself having countless sleepless nights and even more early mornings, and as we all know that isn’t the greatest combination. This morning was no exception. Rachel was up early enough to see sunrise on the beach, while out for her morning run. She had seen quite a few of these since getting married, each one was better than the last, each one more glorious than the one before.

Rachel wasn’t a big fan of early morning workouts, but she found that it was a way of escaping from a house, where she felt that she no longer belonged in. It broke her heart knowing that this was her house, her and Kim’s. And it still would be hers and Kim’s house had Kit Hunter not turned up. But Rachel Armstrong knew that Kit wasn’t the only one to blame for her heartache.

Rachel Armstrong was a smart woman; she knew that making a wrong decision could cost her the marriage and any chance of happiness with Kim, so she decided that she was going to be as supportive as possible and do what was needed of her. She had to, for Kim, but for herself even more.

Kit Hunter was not making that an easy task.

When a pregnant Kit Hunter turned up on her door step she wanted nothing more to slam the door in her face. Rachel then realised that Kim may go after Kit and not come back. She wasn’t going to take that risk.

Rachel had opened her home to Kit and even invited her to stay with them at the Bachelor Pad. Even when Kit and Kim both argued that it was better that if she were to stay with Beth, she remained adamant that, The Bachelor pad was the best option.

Rachel knew that Beth was probably the best option for Kit, but that also meant that if Kim wanted to see Kit he would be at the Hunter-Holden house, away from her. At least when Kit was at the Bachelor Pad, she was around, when she wasn’t working, and so were Martha and Jack when they weren’t working.

Rachel had no idea what she was going to do once the baby arrived. She knew that she would be there for Kim, and she hoped that he would also be there for her and of course Kit. :rolleyes:

For now all she could do was take each day as it came, and of course make sure that Kim and Kit didn’t get up to any funny business. Her best friend, Leah, had told her that a baby made people do things that they usually wouldn’t do, especially if it was two people that weren’t together. Not that Rachel was ever going to find out for herself.

As Rachel reached her house she realised that she would have to get ready for Amanda’s wedding in a few hours. She didn’t want to go, but she promised Leah she would. And Rachel Armstrong was a woman of her word. The only problem was Kit was going to be there as well.

Well it was a wedding, after all, so there’s bound to be lots of people thought Rachel. If Kit didn’t find someone else to talk to she would, and she would make sure to take Kim with her.

She walked into her house and realized that everyone else was still asleep. She opened the fridge and pulled out a bottle of orange juice. She opened it and held it over a glass. There was nothing in there, once again. She opened the fridge again and realised it was almost empty, once again. And she knew who was responsible, once again. She threw the empty bottle into the bin and decided to go and have a bath. She was going to finish the hot water before anyone else had a chance. She then realised that Jack and Martha would also have no hot water if she was going to do that. She felt bad. Rachel never did anything to make her feel bad, or anyone else for that matter.

It was at this exact point when Rachel saw the words “Jack’s turn to do the shopping” on their notice board. She didn’t feel so bad anymore. Rachel made her way towards the bathroom for one hell of a long soak.

Meanwhile….

At the beach house the phone was ringing. No one picked up. The caller left a message. Had Irene been awake she would have picked up the phone. But she was asleep on the floor, still clutching the bottle from the night before. She wasn’t going to be awake for a few hours yet. That message wasn’t going to be heard for a few days yet, which is a shame really, because the caller sounded distressed.

Now seeing as it was still early, and many people in Summer Bay seem to have very late nights, it’s fair to assume that mornings are slow around here, even when there is a wedding taking place. Now I’m not saying that nothing is going to happen, this is Summer Bay after all, something always happens. Just not now!

So make sure you’re back here soon. I can promise you that there’s more drama before the morning is over. :P

^^Thanks guys :D

I have another update, let me know what you think.

Chapter Five – It’s still morning

So we’re back in the Bay, and it’s still the morning after the night before. Last time we were here Rachel Armstrong had just seen another sunrise on the beach and returned home after her morning run. And Irene was left a message on her phone. I also told you that nothing much was happening. I was right. Nothing was happening, until now that is…

Beth Hunter was woken up by the smell of burning toast and the sound of Tony attempting to sing. She got out of bed and went to join him in the kitchen.

“Morning gorgeous” Tony said in his usual cheerful manner.

Beth slumped into a chair at the table and yawned.

“Looks like someone didn’t get enough sleep.”

“Tony, you’re a genius, you know that?” Beth hit back.

“Look it’s still early and the wedding is not for a few hours yet. So why don’t you go back to sleep. Besides no one would blame you for not going, this is Amanda, and knowing her she will probably be getting married again in a few months.”

“Tony! What a cruel thing to say. Ok it is only Amanda, but she has tried to make amendments since the whole thing with my father. She was the one that helped when Robbie and Kit were lost.

She has made a lot of mistakes in the past and probably will make more. But who doesn’t? We have to go to this wedding, it will look bad if we don’t and everyone else does. And like you said, this is Amanda Vale after all, who knows what will happen.”

“Ok, how about I make you some breakfast?”

Beth smelt the burnt toast, again.

There was a beat of silence.

“I’m going to pass. I want to get to the shower before Mattie and Luc get up.”

“Fine, but you’re the one missing out. Luc’s gone for a swim.”

Beth laughed as she walked back towards the bathroom. She heard Tony attempting to sing, again. She knew that she loved this man. But she wanted more in her life. She needed more in her life.

Beth sighed as she went into the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

The same time as Beth Hunter walked into her bathroom, another woman was just about to walk out of a house. This woman was Morag, and the house she was just about to walk out of was the Caravan Park House.

Morning had come at last to the Caravan Park House, yet it was still dark inside. Morag crept down the stairs, so that she would not wake anyone up. She had thought that everyone else was still in their beds. So imagine the look on her face when she saw someone lying on the sofa.

She walked over to the sofa and peered down at a sleeping Sally. Morag thought it was strange that Sally was on the sofa and not in her bed. She didn’t want to wake her, so she pulled the blanket over her. She then crept past Sally and silently, unlocked the door.

She walked out of the Caravan Park House and made her way over to the caravan that Sally had given to her the previous night. She unlocked the door, stuck her neck in and checked to see if her boxes were there, as she had left them. And they were.

Why wouldn’t they be there? Don’t you think I would have told you by now if someone had broken into the caravan and stolen the boxes in the middle of the night? :P

Morag smiled to herself. Checking that no one was watching her, she locked the caravan again and turned to go back inside the house.

This was when she noticed the garbage can in front of the caravan next to Colleen’s. It was at this point that Morag remembered Colleen’s stranger than usual behaviour. Morag was curious.

Once again checking that no one was watching her, she strode over to the can and opened it. Staring in, she saw a brown bag.

She put her hand in to the can, all the while looking around her, making sure that she was not being watched.

She had a reputation around this area, and somehow shoving your hand in other people’s garbage cans did not send out the message, “beware: fearsome lawyer; her bark is worse than her bite”

She yanked out the paper bag and opened it. She was confused at what she found inside. Very confused.

Morag’s mind was filled with questions.

Why did Colleen Smart have these on her?

Maybe she found these things and wanted to get rid of it as soon as she found it?

But why did she throw it in her neighbour’s garbage can?

Why was she acting so strange, if she was just an innocent old lady who played bowls?

That is when Morag realised, that there was never anything innocent about old ladies who played bowls, especially when that little old lady was Colleen Smart.

From the moment she had seen Colleen, Morag knew something was up. The things in the bag she was holding proved it.

Morag closed the garbage can, and walked back to her caravan. She unlocked the door, opened it and placed the bag inside. She then once again shut that door and locked it behind her. She then looked around to make sure that she was not being watched.

She didn’t see anyone.

So she made her way back into the house, and locked the door behind her. There was a wedding to get ready for, and like many other residents of the Bay, she too was invited to attend.

So Morag went back into the house thinking that no one had seen her actions.

Do you need me to tell you that someone had been watching her? ..... I didn’t think so. :P

Who was watching Morag?

I can tell you it was none other than Alf Stuart, her very own brother.

Alf had woken up just as Morag had pulled the blanket onto Sally. Alf wasn’t sure if he should go fishing before the wedding or not.

So he walked over to the window, while trying to make up his mind. Needless to say he never moved away from the window, and of course it would be this very window that overlooks the caravan park.

He didn’t think there was anything wrong with Morag going to check on her things. What he couldn’t understand was why she kept looking over her shoulders.

So can you imagine the look on Alf’s face when he saw Morag rummaging through that garbage can?

First she turns up in the middle of the night unannounced.

Then she hides boxes in a caravan.

She thinks she is being watched.

She rummages through garbage cans and steals people’s trash.

Alf had called her a flaming mad woman several times before. She had just gone and proven him right, or so Alf thought. There was now no point in going fishing. So Alf decided to get himself ready for the Bay’s wedding of the month.

So Morag has discovered what Colleen has hidden.

What is it?

Why does Morag think she is being watched?

And just what the flaming hell is in Morag’s boxes?

What is Beth going to do with her life?

Will anyone ever tell Tony that he can’t sing?

Will anyone ever tell Tony to stop burning the toast?

Only time will tell. So make sure you’re back soon, because like I’ve told you before, you wouldn’t want to miss a thing. :P

Archived