Guest carmelle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so here's an update.

Let me know what you think.

Chapter 3 – Will this night ever end?

Previously in the Bay we saw that things were hidden in paper bags and cardboard boxes. But will they stay hidden for long?

A man was woken up from his sleep and he was not happy about it. So he went back to sleep and a woman was sat at her kitchen table doing a puzzle that belonged to her sleeping child.

Now morning still hasn’t come to the Bay, so lets see who else is having a sleepless night.

At the Vale Mansion, Amanda Vale was in bed trying to fall asleep. It wasn’t working. She was turning left, then right. Again and again.

Her lack of sleep had begun to frustrate her. Something had to be done. She needed to talk to someone, anyone. She picked up the phone on her bedside table and got out of bed. She talked best when she was walking around.

At the Patterson-Baker house the phone began to ring. Leah, who was still awake, picked it up.

“Hi. Bad timing, I know. But this is an emergency! I had another nightmare about the wedding. This time I didn’t even make it down the aisle! It must be an omen. Leah say something. ANYTHING! LEEE-AAAHH!”

“OK Amanda first, stop. Calm down. Breathe in. Breathe out.” Leah said as she walked out of her room so that she didn’t wake the sleeping Dan.

She listened as she heard Amanda breathing in. Then breathing out.

OK now what?”

“Now listen Aman-dahh…” Leah had forgotten that Ryan and VJ had set up a tent in the middle of the living room and had tripped over. Luckily for her the boys were in a deep sleep.

“LEEE-AAAHH, what happened, HALL-LOO?”

“Hang on a minute, Amanda, I’m here, OUCH.” Leah got up once again and wobbled her way in to the kitchen.

She sat down at the table.

“Ok Amanda, now you listen to me. Don’t worry about the nightmares; it’s just nerves. And besides you have me as your as your maid of honour and caterer, and I promise you that everything will be just fine. And besides you should know all about wedding nerves by now, after all this will be your third time, right?

“Oh you just had to! Hey you’re not much better than me. But lets not get into this again, not now anyway. Well it must be nerves. I mean what can possibly go wrong. I’m getting married in the morning and…” Amanda was now in her daughter’s room.

She was staring at a photo on her daughter’s bedside table. Belle and Amanda called it “The family portrait”, their family portrait, taken at Rachel and Kim’s wedding.

“Amanda, are you there?”

“Huh, oh I’m here. I’m in Belle’s room. Don’t they just look like angels when they’re asleep?”

Leah laughed; she knew all too well what Amanda was talking about.

She then noticed the photo stuck on the fridge. It was a photo of her family, it too was taken at Rachel and Kim’s wedding.

Now you don’t need me to tell you that these two women were looking at the same photo, do you? :P

“Amanda, you are getting married in the morning, so you should really get some sleep. I will be round as soon as the boys are ready.”

“Fine, I will try and get some sleep. Leah, thank you. For everything. Goodnight.”

There was a beat of silence before Leah answered.

“Goodnight”

With that both women hung up.

Leah felt the guilt inside her building up again. She wanted to cry. She then looked at the photo on the fridge and it reminded her why she was doing all of this.

She picked up the phone and dialled away.

Someone had been woken up.

“Hey. So everything has been done, exactly as we planned?” she whispered into the phone.

“Yes. Now let me sleep.”

With that Leah once again hung up the phone.

She went back to bed, and tried to get some sleep, but her guilt wouldn’t let her.

Meanwhile back at the Vale Mansion, Amanda kissed her daughter on the forehead and took one more look at “The family portrait” before returning to her room.

She tried to make herself fall asleep by counting in her head. It didn’t work.

So she opened her drawer and took out a bottle of sleeping pills. She was getting married in the morning and she needed to look better than her best. She took out a pill and swallowed it with water. She then set her alarm to go of an hour earlier than it was meant to. She then waited for sleep to come. Sure enough this time it did.

And that's all for now, while i go and find out who else is having a sleepless night. :P

But before i go, let me leave you with a few questions, that you may be thinking. :D

What is Leah up to?

Who did she ring?

Will Amanda wake up in time to get married?

Will morning ever come?

Only time will tell, so make sure you come back, soon. You wouldn’t want to miss anything, not in Summer Bay.

:lol:

I loved that conversation between Leah and Amanda!

And besides you should know all about wedding nerves by now, after all this will be your third time, right?

“Oh you just had to! Hey you’re not much better than me. But lets not get into this again, not now anyway.

Great stuff, can't wait for the next update! :)

Hi Carmelle.

In line with the new rules for fanfictions I have made some changes to the first post in your story, see here. I'd appreciate it if you'd take five minutes to make the necessary changes and PM me with any problems/difficulties/questions or post them in this thread.

Thanks.

Archived