A Week In A Lifetime

Guest shellybelly46

I guess you could say this is a boring chapter. I wasn't going to make Jack meet Martha until later, I don't know what happened. :wacko: Oh, and beware of the ending, it may not make sense.

Thanks to Krystal for proofing (and changing my horrid tense :lol:-_- )

Chapter Two

Martha’s POV

We pulled up at the caravan park. Steg parked the car in the visitor’s car park and all four of them got out. I decided to stay in the car by myself just so I could get some piece and quiet alone. I sat draped across the back seat. Heading up north for some bay was great, but heading up north for three hours cramped up in a nutshell of a car was not.

I shoved my head back into the headrest. I sighed loudly; loudly enough for passing strangers to hear from the window that was wound down. They shot me looks. I don’t know whether it was looks of disgust or looks of pity. Disgusted that I sigh so loudly or pity that a young girl can’t get enough sleep to last her more than 6 hours. I guess it’s a good thing I don’t know these people.

My mobile rang. It was on vibrator so I felt my bag move against my ankle. I dug it out of my bag and held it up close to my ear ready to hear the receptors voice.

Damn! It was mum. I had been gone three and a bit hours and she can’t not ring? I’m eighteen. How many more times did I have to say that? It's seriously sounding like a broken record. Surely someone isn’t that thick that it takes one sentence, two words to be repeated a billion times to know it’s real.

“Hello,” I answered rolling my eyes; too bad she couldn’t see me.

“So you got there safely?” she shot straight at me.

“Yes… I got here safely,” I said unenthused. “I thought I was going to call you when I got here?” I asked.

“Look’s like it slipped your mind, eh? Your there… and I still haven’t received a phone call…” Mum told me smartly.

“Maybe that’s because I only just got here,” I spat back. I can’t still be fighting with Mum when she’s not even in front of me? I’m three hours away from her, and still… when will it end?

“So is the place nice?”

“I don’t know, I haven’t seen it,” I said truthfully, calming down.

“What do you mean you haven’t seen it? You’re there,” she said sarcastically. “So how is it? Nice?”

“I. Haven’t. Seen. It.” I said frustrated. “I’m in the visitors car park.” I told her. “Call me back when you’re not so moody.”

I hung up. I actually hung up on my own mother. That’s definitely a no-no in the rulebook. I will pay for that eventually, and that just sucks.

The girls came back with the key and cabin number. We made our way ‘round to our home for the next week. It looked good from the outside, very nice. I had the joy of unlocking the door.

I pushed it open and the smells and scents came spilling out. It smelt nice, clean, and appealing, they take care of this place. We all walked in and dumped our bags in a heap in the middle of the lounge room floor. We look around squealing. This was our place, our cabin for a week; it was going to be awesome. I studied everything in my 360-degree turn. The edges and curves of the walls, the kitchen bench and cupboards, how many chairs there were, the cupboards and doors.

“The bedrooms,” I said softly. “What about the bedrooms?”

All hell broke loose. We were up; running like mad. Steg ran so fast, pulling everyone back, it looked as if she went any faster the top half of her body would have to catch the bottom half.

I got to a door; I didn’t care what bed I got as long as it wasn’t the lounge. I pushed on it without releasing the lock but my force opended it anyway. I raced in and flat out fell onto the bed. It was comfy, bouncing back at my sudden friction with the mattress. It was soft and cuddly; almost like the steel frame I call my second home.

++++++

I got changed into something nice, something nice like a bikini. I was going to go to the pool at the caravan park but the beach seemed better, full of hot guys too, I could perve on them if I got bored. I was going to meet Tash, she came up with Robbie and his mate, I don’t know the mate, I don’t even have a name for Rob’s mate, it’s just ‘Rob’s mate’, so that’s going to be awkward if they all come. It better just be Tash. I haven’t seen her in a while. Positive attitude told me that this was going to be good.

I walked along the sand curling my toes up between the granules, it was a family thing, in the genes they tell me. Even though I was adopted doesn’t mean I wasn’t in-contact with my biological parents, I just chose to spend my time with the people I knew as my parents, even if it means screaming at them to get over the fact that I’m eighteen and can do whatever suits me.

With every step thousands of granules flicking up between my toes they were released back down to the pile of golden granules below my feet.

I looked up. Someone was waving me down. I had to squint my eyes from the blearing, bright sun beaming down on me. I brought my hand up providing shade for my eyes. The waving figure became more defiant and familiar, it was Tasha, I knew that. She was with Rob… and Rob’s mate, I guess.

I moved towards them, all three moved towards me. I looked at Rob’s mate; he was looking mighty fine. Tall, dark hair, nice body frame, from an immediate distance we was looking pretty hot. Big steps soon enough became little ones as we reached each other.

“Martha!” Tash squealed with delight wrapping her arms around me; bringing me in for a hug.

“Hey Martha,” Rob said giving me a wink. I nodded back in his direction and peeled myself away from Tash.

“Long time no see,” I smiled. I felt my eyes being drawn to the mystery stranger who stood there just looking at us girls. The smile was plastered on my face. Maybe this was going to be the greatest week of my life?

“So don’t be rude and not introduce me,” spoke Rob’s friend. He had a sexy voice. It was deep, and very manly. It complemented his body.

“This is Jack,” Robbie said moving his hand in the direction of Jack.

“Hi,” I put my hand out to greet him. What would I do at his touch?

“I guess you’re the Martha?” Jack smiled.

“The Martha? Who thought of such a thing?” I asked amused. I’ve never heard of that. Who made that up? I’m a ‘the’. What the hell is that?

“Nice to meet you,” I finished off politely.

Coming chapters: Who meets Jack making him trip over his feet? Who has a falling out?

BTW, I'm going away so no updates until I can be bothered to writie it when I get back and if I forget those hint things well too bad :P .. so like 2-3 weeks. :lol:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for reading. :)

Laaame! I'm sorry that it sucks. The story took a twist I wasn't expecting. :P

I gave up with the POV’s. I can’t be bothered to think that much let alone update for you people.

Umm, I decided to make this fic as short as possible. I might leave a few things out because I know it’ll drag into school times and I don’t know if I can be bothered to have a fic going. But have no fear, it will end and not just die without an ending.

Thanks to Jess for proofing.

Chapter Three

Martha and Tasha bobbled in the ocean’s water. They looked back towards the ocean’s bank, towards the beach. Robbie and Jack were there. Kicking a footy around and tackling each other into the sand. Both had no shirts on and the sweat they had on their bodies shone in the sunlight.

Martha watched intently as Jack’s arms flexed and his muscles in his upper arms tensed up, looking as hard as rocks. She fantasized about touching him, holding him, kissing him. She was getting way too ahead of herself. It had only been in the previous hours that they met. She can’t think like that. It’s not normal.

“What’s on your mind?” Tash smiled cheekily swimming closer to Martha, within talking distance. Martha kept her eyes on Jack, it was as if they were stuck and wouldn’t move; almost like superglue.

“Oh, nothing,” she lied through her teeth. She was smiling; so it was kind of obvious.

“You like him,” Tasha said grabbing Martha’s attention; she even pulled her away from his view.

“I do most certainly not,” Martha informed her.

“Do too,” Tash teased. “Mac, it’s okay to like him. Might I say, he is mighty fine, if I wasn’t with Rob…” she trailed off laughing. Martha pushed her in the water.

“Yeah, if only Rob had of heard that,” Martha giggled.

“Hey! Hey, I am your best friend. I wouldn’t be threatening me.”

“Aww, can’t take what you dish out,” Martha pouted.

“Shut up!” Tash hissed in her direction. “It’s okay to like a guy Martha. A week, one week out of your whole lifetime isn’t going to hurt anyone is it?” she asked.

“Only if I don’t get... don’t worry…” Martha stopped. She wasn’t going to admit that if she got too attached that’d it’d hurt her.

“Don’t get what?” Tasha asked.

“Can we leave it, please,” Martha begged looking away from Tasha’s begging eyes.

“No. I want you to tell me!” she demanded. “Martha, come on, I’m your best friends.” She declared. “Best friends share everything,” she added.

“I don’t want to get attached,” Martha told her with attitude. “Happy? I don’t want to leave here broken hearted.”

“It won’t happen, Jack’s one of the best guys I know. He wouldn’t do that,” Tasha reassured her.

“Yeah, well things change when circumstances change.”

The girls made there way back to shore and found a comfy place on the sand in the setting sun. It wasn’t too hot, neither too cold, it was just nice. Seagulls flocked to the barbeques set up along the beach; they just wanted attention, no food, just human interaction. It was funny how that’s all they wanted, Martha laughed at the thought and it’s similarities to her feelings towards Jack. The seagulls didn’t know these people, Martha didn’t know Jack, and both just wanted them to pay some sort pf attention to them.

The whole time they were at the beach, Jack almost did everything but look or talk to Martha. They stood in a group and all Jack was concerned about was the sun and him getting burnt and Robbie. You could almost swear Jack was interested in his best mate. The thought did run through Martha’s head; she felt guilty about it too.

The foursome headed back to Martha’s cabin. A group of girls could be heard from the other end of the caravan park; you could tell they’d hit the grog already.

“Hey guys!” Martha smiled walking towards the group.

“Aww,” they all said in unison. “Who’s the hottie behind you?” they giggled.

“Guys, this is Jack. Jack this is the people who think you’re hot,” Martha rolled her eyes. She couldn’t help but feel jealous that Jack was ‘attending’ to them and not her. She wanted to keep him away from them, to keep him from herself until she was in the most confidence spot she could be. Too late now.

Jack immediately caught onto Michelle. He sat next to her. She was the one who stood out and he let everyone know that.

“So who’s this beautiful person over here?” he said placing himself between Michelle and Steg on the picnic bench.

“I’m Michelle,” she gleamed with a huge white smile.

Why is he drawn to the dumb one? Martha thought and instantly cursed herself for think so negative about her friend.

“You look like someone I’d date,” she shot out, smiling at him. It was so broad surely it’d have to fall sometime in the next thirty seconds. It was so fake, so plastic, so huge; it’s got to hurt. It made Martha cringe. The fluffiness, and cuteness and fakeness! It made Martha gag.

I’m not think like this. I’m not. I can’t. I’m never this selfish I have to stop them. Somehow, someway, it’s too sickening. If I want my appetite it has to stop now...

“So what’s for dinner?”

Hmm, the jealousy wasn't a plan, it just happened.

Please Review

Archived