A Week In A Lifetime

Guest shellybelly46

Chapter 17

Martha’s POV

Jack took me back to a “familiar” beach. I of course, whined that my feet hurt, it was his fault anyway. He deserved my whining! Dragging me out to god knows where, did he not consider my feets feelings?

“I think I could lie here forever,” he spoke, and he dug his butt further into the sand. “This is nice,” he added, wrapping a comforting arm around me.

“Yeah, I could lie on this beach for my entire life,” I agreed.

“I meant lying here with my arms around you,” Jack quickly said, clarifying what he meant.

“I know you did, I was just teasing,” I smiled at Jack’s tenseness.

I stopped dead frozen, a weird feeling engulfed my body, and it triggered my brain. We were talking to each other like we’ve known each other for more than a few days!

“Do you realize we’re talking to each other like we’ve been together for 200 years, and not 2 hours?” I asked.

“Are we going to go back to that again, Martha?” Jack asked, shifting his body so he was pouched up on his elbow.

“It still freaks me out a little,” I told him honestly.

“I know it does, it’ll get better… eventually, if we last,” he spoke. “I’ve never done this before, Martha.”

“Done what?” I asked. I could sense that this conversation was starting to dig deep.

“I’ve never fallen so quickly… not that I’ve fallen or…” he quickly covered what he had just revealed. He felt a little embarrassed.

“Jack, it’s okay, you don’t have to be nervous or embarrassed by revealing that… because I feel exactly the same…” I reassured him. “Do you think we should talk about what’s gonna go down after this week ends? What will happen?”

“Yes, we should talk about it,” Jack answered. I went to say something, ready to start the discussion, but I was so rudely interrupted. “Let’s not talk now, there’ll be plenty of time for that… later,” Jack added.

“But we only have a couple of days left,” I argued. Selfishly, I wanted to know what Jack thought about us, it was frustrating that there was a part of me knowing that things will just cut off and end and I’ll go back to my life before schoolies, be done with everything I’ve learnt here. As much as I hated the thought, it was a very good possibility that it was going to happen.

“Which is why we should make the most of it, yeah?” Jack grabbed my hand, giving it a small squeeze.

“I guess you’re right,” I mumbled, forcing a smile as I rested back onto the sand.

“No, I’m always right,” he replied confidently, falling down next to me.

“Hmm, yes, Jack, you keep telling yourself that,” I rolled my eyes before smirking at him.

“I shall,” he quipped.

Jack and I wondered back into Caravan Park, headed for my van. I linked his arm and piped up a little.

“That was fun!” I gushed. “I had a lot of fun with you last night.”

“You and me both,” Jack winked.

“You had fun with yourself?” I scoffed… “Damn, that did not come out the way it was supposed to… you… yourself… oh, ew…EW!” I turned away, screwing up my face. “Yuck.” I said for emphasis.

All Jack could do was laugh. “Get your mind out of the gutter,” he laughed. “I meant I had fun with you, it was really great.”

“I know that, I was trying to tease you… look how that turned out! My over-active mind sinking to new lows,” I rolled my eyes. “I’m sorry.”

“No need to apologize to me but I think your brain needs an apology, I mean putting it through that trauma and all… although, it’s nice to know what you think I do when your thinking about me thinking about you,” he smirked.

I hit him on the chest, nudging him back.

“What was that for?” he whined.

“You know exactly what that was for,” I told him. “That was for getting my brain in a muddled and then when I figure out what you mean two seconds later the contents of my stomach are almost coming up out of my mouth,” I smiled.

“Nice, very nice,” Jack grinned. “Shall we go face the music?” he added, pointing to the door of the van.

“Do we have to?” I pouted.

“No, I suppose not. It could just be you, me and the birds for a little while,” he said.

“Sounds kind of nice,” I replied. Jack smirked.

“I thought you hated birds,” he stated, leading me to a bench.

“No, you’re wrong there,” I said. “I hate birds immensely. They scare the sh*t out of me.”

“Righto, lucky for you, I’m here to save you from the horrid, tiny animals,” Jack said smugly.

“Yeah, what great luck I have there. You’ll probably run off screaming like a wussy girl yourself,” I laughed picturing Jack running from a bird, it was a good thought.

Right at that second, a miner bird swooped down just millimeters from our heads and without a second thought; Jack was off running like a wussy girl! I shot up also, pissing myself laughing but I was scared to death as well. I could hardly breathe!

“So much for saving me!”

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awsome update, I was so excited when I saw you'd finally written more, I love this story.

lol Jack, so much for him protecting Martha from the birds.

:( only a few day's till they go home, I hope they stay in contact, their so good together.

Can't wait to read more.

Archived