A Week In A Lifetime

Guest shellybelly46

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys! :D

Chapter Eight

This is boring. Boring as hell. But it’s an update… I guess.

Martha’s POV

I sat on the beach; in the same spot I had slept the previous night. I fell back onto the sand, letting my head touch the ground, resting my head on the soft pillow of sand. I looked up into the blearing sun, and quickly squinted. The brightness sent a burning sensation through my eyes into my head; it hurt like hell. I let out a massive sigh as I let my thoughts invade my pain.

I kept thinking about how awesome this week was going to be, how great it’d turn out, just me and my friends but already, on the second day we were split. Just because of a guy.

I felt the sunrays be removed from my face. The heat was disappearing; the source was gone. I opened my eyes and waited a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the light. I recognised the body outline. It was Steg that stood over me.

“Hey!” she said as I rocked myself up.

“Hey yourself,” I replied.

“What’s going on?” Steg got straight to the point.

“Honestly, I don’t know. Something to do with Jack, you know the guy…”

“…The guy Michelle was all over?” Steg finished.

“Yeah well, Michelle thought I snapped at her ‘cause oh him being with her, which was not entirely true,” I told her.

“And that means what exactly?”

“It was more so to do with he was the someone who was pushing me out of our group, I felt that round the BBQ the other night,” I said.

“That’s why you walked off,” Steg said.

“Yeah,” I agreed. “To cut a long story, short. Michelle found me; we had a few words. She walked off pissed, I was angry too. I heard her talking, well bitching about me, then I headed down the beach, here, to where a bonfire had been left,” I recounted.

“This is where you found Jack?” Steg asked.

“ No, this is where Jack found me,” I corrected her. “We talked for a bit, I got cold and he put his jacket around me,” I smiled, remembering the events. “Then he suggested he sleep on the beach, and I did because I hadn’t done it before. It was new to me,” I finished.

“So Michelle comes into this because she was talking about you behind your back?” Steg inquired.

“Pretty much.”

“You know, there’s only one thing worse than being talked about,” said Steg. “And that is not being talked about.”

“Yeah well, like I said, she was bitching, my friend bitching about me. Real nice that is.”

“That’s what girls do. We bitch,” Steg chuckled.

“I suppose.”

“No. You know,” Steg stated. “I think it’s about time you talk to Michelle, civilly. Clear the air and friction. Guys aren’t everything. Especially not this Jack guy.”

“Yes I am!” Jack butted in from behind us. I swiveled around and smiled. Jack was standing, hands on hips, in boardies and a polo shirt; collar up.

“See what I was saying, Martha?” Steg rolled her eyes. “Guys aren’t everything. And this one… full of himself?”

“Full of confidence, don’t ya think?” Jack winked kneeling down.

“I’ll leave you guys to it,” Steg smiled, giving me a supportive touch. “If you want a rainbow, you have to put up with the rain. Speak with Michelle,” Steg said and walked off.

I looked out to sea, not wanting to look at Jack who moved beside me. I could feel his eyes one me.

“Like the jumper, where’d you get it from?” Jack smirked.

“Oh, I don’t know. This jerky guy on a beach gave it to me. He was pretty…”

“Hot!” Jack exclaimed. “I’m pretty hot!”

“Pfft,” I turned my nose up. “Okay… maybe,” I mumbled.

“Keep it,” Jack smiled pointing to the jacket.

“No, I couldn’t,” I quickly said.

“I insist,” Jack said. “Where’d you get to this morning? I woke up and you were gone,” he changed the topic.

“I couldn’t risk Michelle catching us. Extremely awkward,” I told him.

“Extremely,” he agreed.

“Speaking of which, I really think the three of us need to talk. Especially if I want to keep spending time with you,” I smiled innocently.

“Really? Was that like admitting you liked me?”

“It’s been a day and a half. Don’t get ahead of yourself. I’d really like to get to know you, you seem… interesting to say the least,” I said.

“Good! ‘Cause I want to get to know you too,” he smiled. I smiled in return as well. I felt my cheeks becoming warm; I knew I was starting to blush.

“Are you…? Bl…” Jack chuckled.

“Don’t!” I warned. “Don’t go there.”

Next chapter: Jack and Martha talk to Michelle.

Awwww, their so cute together!

I hate Michelle! :angry: Shes horrible to Martha, and she makes Martha feel bad, which Martha shouldnt because Michelle's the cow, not her! Why are girls aways so bitchy! :P lol

Im looking forward to JnM getting to know eachother better :wub:

Should be ..... interesting! :P

Great chapter! Update soon :)

That update was sooo cute.

You said it was gonna be boring. It's a lie! A total lie! They were so sweet together at the end where they were talking about how they wanted to get to know each other :wub:

Can Michelle just buzz off back to where she came from? Leave Martha and Jack for some quality 'alone time' without any interuptions :P

Update whenever you can!

Thankies!

Chapter Nine

A lot of dialogue… too much actually. :P

Martha’s POV

Jack and I walked up along the beach; we walked pretty close together, shoulders rubbed occasionally. The rare conversation occurred, not because it was awkward, but because we felt comfortable enough to know that no words needed to be spoken.

“So,” Jack said. “You like me?” he smirked knowing that it’d **** me off.

“So, you like me,” Martha mimicked.

“Sure do,” he answered. “Your turn to answer.”

“Mmm,” I murmured.

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

“You sure do have tickets on yourself,” I said.

“Mmm,” he mocked me.

“Stop knocking me!” I shoved him hard in the chest.

“It’s not my fault you’re so easy…” he said not thinking of how that came out. “… Oh… I…. mean….”

I giggled as the smirk drained from his face. “It’s okay, clam down.”

“Sorry, I didn’t… I wasn’t thinking,” Jack said trying to recover.

“It was actually quite funny… you’re reaction that is,” I laughed.

“Oh thanks. Maybe I should join a circus if I’m that funny.”

“You couldn’t be tamed,” I told him.

“If my master was hot, maybe I could be.”

“Okay, yeah, whatever,” I said.

“So, what are you thinking, right this very second?” Jack changed the topic.

“That Michelle is right over there and we better think quick otherwise we’re doomed to die,” I smiled getting anxious.

“You’re fine, I’m fine, and she’s…” Jack looked over to where Michelle was. “…Not.”

“What are we going to say?! How are we going to say it?! Oh my god Jack! What… how… what are we saying. How… huh! Huh!” I started to get worked up. Jack grabbed my shoulders roughly.

“Firstly, calm down!” he said. “Secondly, do you like me? No games. Yes or no? Simple.”

“No!… I mean yes!… no, she can’t do that! She can’t give me a filthy. What a scrag!” I ranted, moving passed Jack.

“Huh? I thought this was supposed to be friendly,” Jack said confused. I turned around to face him.

“I’m always friendly. Now shut up!” I put a finger to his lips. “Let’s go!”

“You like me,” he whispered following me. “She likes me!” he beamed.

We walked up to Michelle, and I was clearly freaking out. We stood in front of her, as she expressed an angry face like one of those emotions kiddies draw.

“Look what the waves dragged in,” Michelle hissed. “Aww, two lovers. Pfft, why do I even bother?”

“Look we’re not here to fight, we just want to talk,” jack said.

“So she needs you to hold her hand?” Michelle snarled. “Cat got your tongue?” she looked at me.

“Yeah, now I’m kind of wondering why I’m bothering,” I rolled my eyes. “You’re worthless if you’re going to be this way.”

“Me, worthless?” Michelle said stunned. “Sadly sweetie, someone’s stuffed,” she pointed to her head, indicating her brain.

“Oh! Nice alliteration there, Einstein,” I mocked.

“Martha, I thought…” Jack cut in.

“Look we only wanted to explain a few things. Clear the air and if you’re not willing to meet halfway, neither am I,” I started.

“You have two minutes.”

“Okay, firstly, I wasn’t yours,” Jack said.

“Yeah, meaning I didn’t steal him. Two days! Two freaking days, Michelle. Forty-eight hours. He’s hardly anyone’s.”

“And secondly, I really like the both of you. Michelle you seem feisty and hopefully we can be friends. But Martha, she seems feisty too. Feistier. And sweet and has a lot in common with me and I really hope this actually goes somewhere.” Jack spoke.

“Two freaking days,” Michelle repeated.

“Yeah, but you can just tell when you’re into someone, and I’m definitely into Martha,” Jack smiled.

“What about you, Martha? You like him too?” she questioned me.

“Isn’t it obvious? His jacket…” I pointed. “I just want to go back to being friends. Can we manage that?”

“I guess,” Michelle smiled. “Jack, you wouldn’t happen to have any hot friends, now would you?” Michelle changed her tune.

“Hmm, let’s see… YES!” jack said enthusiastically. I immediately sent him a look.

“That was a little too excited,” I told him.

“Yeah, I shouldn’t have said that, ey?” jack said seriously.

“No!” I said.

“Yes! Michelle yelled at the same time.

“Okay then… I’ll just… go over here now…” Jack walked away embarrassed. I laughed at his stupidity.

“So we’re all good then?” I asked.

“Definitely,” Michelle hugged me. “Nice to have you back, friend.”

Next chapter: Dolphins. Sun. Alcohol. Water and fun!

Archived