A Week In A Lifetime

Guest shellybelly46

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I lied. :( No dolphins, sun, alcohol and fun… there’s water though. Does that count to… not lying… so badly? LOL. They’ll be there in the coming chapters.

NOTE: Some people might catch me... this is kind of... what happened to my mum :huh: . lol.

Chapter Ten

Martha’s POV

I stood down onto the platform and jerked my arms up, steadying my body. My head spun as I looked directly down at my feet, seeing the faded walkway spread to the edge… Water! Deep, dark, blue-green water! Icy looking water surrounded me. One wrong move and I was in the dip.

“Hey, don’t stop. Look at the people behind us,” Jack pushed me forward. I bent my legs. Trying to keep me stuff to the wood below. “And I won’t mention up ahead.”

“Follow me and you’ll be fine!” Tash yelled. She was about two metres in front of me; she was fading into the crowd. I looked beyond her, at the stream of people returning from the Marina. I started to walk towards her.

“Don’t fall,” Jack grabbed me.

“Don’t joke or you’re dead.”

We stood along the massive Marina. Boats either side of me now. No way could I fall into that horrid, fishy, ewwy, bluey water.

“I’m going to live on one of these when I’m older,” Rob said. He was behind Josh, Jack’s friend and Jack. It was just the six of us.

“Good for you Rob,” I stuttered, still clearly scared.

“Do you get sick on boats?” Jack then asked.

“Yes. I get sick,” I answered. Dammit! Why did I not think about that before?

“Tablet?” Jack pulled a small box from his jacket pocket. They were motion calm tablets. I smiled as I quickly grabbed them and swallowed two.

“You do know you’re only supposed to take one, right?” Jack asked.

“Whoops!” I giggled. “More the merrier, eh?”

“You can’t have any alcohol now, Alco,” Michelle laughed. I gave her an evil.

“I can live with no alcohol thank you, especially if it means I don’t puke.”

As Jack realized Michelle was there and that he was abandoning Josh he introduced the pair.

“Nice to meet you,” Josh smiled, shaking Michelle’s hand.

“Yeah, you too,” she replied. “Jack,” she whispered. “You said he was hot.”

“He is.”

“But you didn’t say he was this hot,” she emphasized her words.

“I only speak the truth. I do not elaborate. Ever. Plus I’m a guy, thank you,” he grinned.

“Didn’t stop you from admitting he was hot, though,” Michelle giggled.

“Please use ‘good looking’ from now on,” Jack smiled walking away, joining a line of people.

We all followed Jack, and joined the line as well. But we had no clue what so ever, what we were lining up for.

“Look at this baby,” Jack suddenly said, tapping the side of a wooden built boat.

“It’s just a boat,” I said.

“Just a boat! Just a boat?” Jack shouted, sounding offended. “This isn’t just a boat. It’s a fighting boat. You know the things the Japanese used?”

We were now at the front of the line.

“Actually mate,” the staff guy said. “It’s a ship!” I laughed my head off.

“Ship!” I giggled. “Shiiiiip! Ha! You got it wrong. Jacky boy got it wrong.”

“Shush… just walk the plank.”

I stepped up onto the wooden floor and headed straight for the captains room. The ship was docked so the public could tour the Japanese fighter ship, and how the people spent their lives out at sea. This was the real deal. It was an actual Japanese War Ship.

“Let’s go down here,” I pointed to a hole in the floor. “Oh god! Maybe not…”

“And why not?”

“Oh I don’t know! Because they’re vertical stairs!” I raised my voice.

“That’s why the rope is there, dumbass,” he said calmly. “I’ll go first and I’ll catch you, yeah?”

“Fine.”

Jack climbed down, using the rope that hung above his head as an aid.

“Ready?” he said. “Step down a few, I’ll be waiting,” I stepped down two stairs and grabbed Jack’s hands, and then I jumped onto him. He caught me. He stood there, arms wrapped tightly around me, harmlessly holding me. I felt safe. He said he’d catch me and he did. I could feel his heart beating against my skin as he lowered me to the ground.

“I think we should probably get out of these peoples ways,” Jack said softly, pulling me away.

“Hold my hand,” I said as I saw the darkness ahead. We walked along the cabin, ducking the low ceiling. It was pitch black, and with each step I squeezed Jack’s hands tighter.

“Oh my god!” I dropped my jaw. “I have to climb up vertical steps!”

“Well you climbed down them, so uh, yeah,” Jack, said sarcastically.

“They’re freaking vertical stairs! I don’t do vertical!” I yelled.

“You have no choice, Martha,” he told me.

“I can’t.”

“You can. I will help you,” he smiled.

We got onto our cruise boat, paid and found a decent seat with a decent view, at the front of the boat. I warned them it’d rain, but no one believed me. All they cared about was a good view.

“It is so going to rain,” I mumbled. Crossing my arms as I took a seat.

“And your point is?” Michelle said, literally pulling herself out of conversation with Josh. Those two were sure hitting it off!

“We’ll get rained on!”

“There’s a cabin right there,” she pointed, mockingly. She put her hand to her face and opened her mouth so widely.

“I’ll be sick in there,” I copied her gesture.

“If it rains. I’ll stay out here with you,” Jack whispered in my ear. He smiled as he pulled me towards the edge of the boat.

About an hour into our cruise, there were still no dolphins. It was cold. The wind was chilly and was getting strong. The waves were getting bigger and bigger, making the cruise not so much a ‘cruise’, it was more of thrill ride gone wrong. I was becoming drowsy as well. Those motion sickness pills were so not a good idea. Then I spotted the rain about eight hundred metres in front of us. We were headed straight for it, straight for the heads, straight for the rough seas, straight for death!

Yeh! :angry: Wheres the kiss! They havent kissed yet damit! I want a kiss! :P

Excellent chapter.

That was some classic Jack and Martha bickering there, i loved it.

The stairs bit made me laugh, awww and the whispering he did so that only Martha could hear, thats just soooo... :wub:

Update soon please :)

Thanks for reading :D .

The last bit to this chapter is pretty much to rip off that line on that show, so it's hardly relevant to this story... but I didn't want to take it out. :P .

Chapter Eleven

Martha’s POV

Two lonely souls abandoned on a boat. Two soaking bodies clutching themselves. Two isolated people clinging for their lives. Okay, over exaggeration, but that’s what it felt like.

The waves were massively huge. Enormous amounts of water pelting our way, breaking over the front of the boat, breaking on top of us. Jack and I sat helpless at the front of the Cruise boat watching each and every force smash against the boats surface; colliding, nowhere else but up, up and over the edge – onto out laps!

“Urgh, I’m going to be sick,” I shouted to Jack. “I can’t look at those waves, it reminds me of the time the cicadas were in our lawn, there were so many the lawn was moving. I just can’t look at that.”

“You’re such a girl,” Jack laughed, not that he wasn’t before. He thought it was totally amusing we were getting rained on. “What happened to the feisty Martha?”

“She died as soon as I walked off dry land.” Jack was now laughing hysterically. I really do hate him. If it wasn’t raining so hard, I bet he was crying with laughter.

“What’s so funny?” I yelled, getting peeved off. “You look like you’re about to die of laughter,” I said. “You sound it too.”

“Whoever made these poncho things should be shot,” he replied, still giggling. “Totally convenient aren’t they?”

“And that’s funny how?” I scolded.

“The hood is on my knee,” he screamed with amusement, falling onto the ground. I burst out laughing too.

“How the freaking hell did you manage that?” I jumped down next to him. “Wait! That’s right, you’re stupid in the head,” I tapped his head, then I looked up at the captains cabin.

“I bet the captain is thinking this is hilarious. He’s laughing at us, I know he is.”

“Who cares?” Jack yelled, grabbing my hand. “It’s fun!”

“Yes, it is,” I grinned. The rain was now passing as the captain’s voice came over the speakers.

“Ladies and Gents, we’re now turning around to go back down the main channel to see if we cans see any Dolphins down the southern end, this means we will be side onto the swell for a few minutes, so if you’re standing or walking around the boat, it’d be much appreciated if you could keep at least one hand on the boats surface when we’re in this process to prevent any accidents. Thank you.”

“Freaking hell!” I started. “Side onto the swell! This swell! OH MY GOD! I need a bucket! That swell is massive. So much for not coming out to the heads. I told you didn’t I, I told you it came out this far, but no one listened to me, just they didn’t listen about the rain!” I threw my hands in the air.

“Martha!” Jack shouted. “Two hands!” he pointed.

“Sh*t!” I screamed as water heaved over the ledge. I grabbed hold of Jack, squeezing him tightly.

“Boat!” he yelled. “Hold the freaking boat!” he yelled in pain, but I didn’t let go. We were now side onto the swell. It was bad! It was horrible! No, beyond that!

“Okay Martha, sweetie, you know you can squeeze me anytime but right now… please let go,” he seethed though his teeth.

I wasn’t listening. He was speaking gibberish to me. He was my guard, my raft… I was too focused on the water. The gushing water was really starting to scare me. Only a few minute he said. It seems like a freaking week!

BANG!

“OH MY GOD! What the freaking hell was that?” I screamed in horror, as the boat dipped down to the water. I pulled my arms to my mouth.

“Why thank you. It’s so nice to have some feeling back in my arms,” Jack said sarcastically.

“What was that?” I screeched.

“That ‘Miss-I’m-too-good-to-hold-onto-some-plastic-thing-I-need-human-flesh-under-my-nails’ was the last wave against the swell. If you’d have noticed, it was not the first time that happened, it was simply the biggest of the lot. It hit under the boat really hard. By the way, you made me bleed,” he pouted.

“Aww! Poor baby,” I mocked, grabbing Jacks cheek.

“That was actually quite fun, wasn’t it?” he grinned through my grasp.

“Weirdly enough, yes! Great thrill! Most fun I’ve had in a long time!” I agreed.

“Good,” he smiled tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. He’s touch was tender and soft, it made me feel dizzy. There was a silence, just listening to the waves.

“Thank you!” I interrupted. “You’re really fun!” I smiled.

“You two look like drowned rats!” Robbie laughed coming down the stairs from the captain’s cabin.

“Nice show. Very comical!” Tash added.

“Haven’t laughed so hard in my whole entire life. And I owe it all to you two. To Jack and Martha!” Josh chuckled, raising his hand.

“To Jack and Martha!”

Next chapter: A kiss!

I haven't forgotten about the sun and whatever, lol. But I can't remember if it fits anymore... oh well. lol.

Archived