Guest shellybelly46

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for commenting! :D

Chapter Five

Martha’s POV

I was cold. Cold and lonely. Upset even. Angry, annoyed, peeved off. No one had the right to judge me that way! Especially my own, goddamn, friend! I needed time, space, I really did need to be alone, that was one good thing, and I knew for sure I’d have that without saying anything. I needed that serene feeling. Where time stops, giving you a moment to think things through, but really it was the difference of it all, time didn’t stop, infact it flew straight past me.

I started walking, no idea where my feet where taking me and to be honest I didn’t care one bit. I just let my feet guide me away from the annoyance of the caravan park. I stopped and leant on a wooden fence, hanging my hand down between my knees. And then I heard voices. It was pitch black and I could see nothing… but these voices sounded so familiar.

“So was so pissed off. She like had this massive bitch at me and totally had this mean ass dig at me because I told her the way she dressed was old,” Michelle whined.

“Oh Geez, get over yourself girl,” I mumbled behind the fence. I stood up and pinned my ear against the fence to continue listening to the conversation my friends were having about me.

“She practically told me she liked living in the past. I mean that is where her vintage clothes came from,” Michelle continued bitching. “Out of her mother’s wardrobe maybe?” she added.

“She’s pretty hot, you know,” Jack piped up, bringing himself into the conversation. I was amused by what he had to say next. “From what you’re saying Michelle, she seems like a feisty type… and I love that!”

“But you wanted nothing to do with her,” Michelle said bemused and slightly offended. She gets this tone in her voice; it’s kind of dull, when things don’t go her way. “This is not how I needed you to react. Any of you!” she started to yell as I propped my head up over the fence.

The group stood in a semi circle around the BBQ. Tash and Rob were keeping themselves entertained and warm, and the rest were listening to Michelle squabble on. I think it got to the point where they all started to back away rolling their eyes and heading off to bed or to watch some late night TV. But I was not ready to go back and face the music and all the questions I know were lined up for me. I’m sure it’d go something like “Why were you such a bitch? You know Michelle totally over reacts when she gets worked up and she goes into the annoying ramble mode where she will not shut up!”

I walked down to the beach and found a deserted bonfire struggling for life. I quickly grabbed some branches from the grassy hill just above the beachfront and threw them into the orange flame, bringing it back to life.

I sat down next to it; the flames gave off a warm breeze warming me up. The light only spread a metre or so, so the only other light I saw was the lighthouse light out on the heads and the moonlight beaming straight onto the rippling water.

The waves roared in, it’s white teeth grabbing a hold of the melon like edge. The rushing water was surprisingly calm. It started to iron out all of my crinkles. That was until I heard a voice.

“Mind if I join you?” a guy spoke from behind me.

“As if I’m going to be able to stop you,” truthfully my bitchiness hadn’t left since my conflict with Michelle, it still showed.

“Ahhh! I was right. Feistiness is your thing,” Jack laughed at himself as he sat beside me.

“If you’re here for a real conversation, you’re in for a real shock. I don’t want to talk right now,” I said bluntly.

“Fine let me do the talking,” Jack replied.

“Oh, here we go, hero” I rolled my eyes.

“I thought you weren’t talking,” Jack laughed again.

“I’m not.”

“Oh yes you are. Admit that you like talking to me… or just simply admit you like me full stop,” Jack smirked.

I got up and starting to walk away, clutching at my upper body to try and keep the warmth from the fire in my body.

“Hey! Where are you going?” Jack shot up and followed after me. I blasted him an icy cold glare. “Ohhh this the whole ‘I’m not talking right now’ thing, isn’t it?”

I gave him another evil glare as if to say “Yes, dumbass”.

“Wow! Calm down!” Jack laughed yet again. This guy actually understands my facial expressions? Woah, is he good or is he good?

“I don’t want to talk okay. And I especially don’t want to talk to you,” I spat at him before returning to my journey up the beach.

Next Chapter: The night continues… who does Martha spend the night with?

Im thinking (or hopeing) itl be Jack. But im also thinking theyl probly just stay up talking all night and find out that they actually have a lot more in common than they first thought. Im also thinking Jacks probably not as shallow as Martha thinks he is.

Awww, then they can go out, evetually get married and have lots of babies yay! :D

Great writing shelly, looking forward to the next one :)

Archived