Those She Left Behind!

Guest beckyboo

Next chapter here; enjoy!

Chapter 15

Shortly after Jack had calmed down Tony and Luc had left, after all it was the middle of the night. Martha and Jack were just about to head back upstairs to bed, as Abby came down.

"Daddy, why are you and Mummy upset? Is it because of me?" She asked

"No, of course it's not, we're both just tired" Jack answered

"It's because of me. I didn't mean to be ill, I promise." Abby started to cry. Martha went over to her and picked her up. She was obviously in need of a cuddle.

"Baby, it's not your fault. We're just tired and Mummy's not feeling very well, remember that the baby makes Mummy feel sick." Martha comforted her.

Abby didn't speak, just nodded. "Sweetie I think it's time you went back to sleep, its very late" Jack told her taking her from Martha.

"But, I don't want to sleep in my bed" Abigail's bottom lip started to quiver again.

"Ok, how about you come and sleep in our bed tonight" Martha rubbed Abby's back.

"Can I?" Abby asked

"Sure, thats what Mummy said isn't it" Jack replied. Abby nodded again snuggling into the curve of Jack's neck. "I need my bear" Abby added

"Mummy's got it, don't worry. Now come on, lets go to bed" Martha took Jack's spare hand and they all headed to Jack and Martha's room.

The next morning Martha woke up feeling the worst she had in a long time. She tried to think when she had last felt this bad, the answer was when she was pregnant with Amie. With Abby she had never felt that sick, just if she had to smell coffee with Abby. Coffee was her worst nightmare during pregnancy.

"Martha you don't look too good" Jack said as he got up

"Gee thanks Jack, you really know how to make someone feel good" Martha replied

"No I don't mean to be horrible," Jack asked

"I know, but if you must know I feel like crap, this baby better be worth it"

"Of course it will be, you just have to look at Amie and Abby to see that" Jack went over to her.

"Yer I know, I just hate feeling like this" Martha was starting to get upset, her hormones were all over the place.

"Come on, don't get upset, we got to get the kids ready for school a nursery. How about I make you some coffee?" Jack said

"No way Jack Holden, am I drinking coffee again whilst I'm pregnant. And neither will you either, the smell of it makes me want to puke" Martha told him.

"Oh yer, how could I forget" Jack realised what he had just said.

"Oh god I need to puke" Martha ran off into the bathroom. Jack followed her. He watched her over the toilet holding her hair back. Finally she stood up catching her breath. "Jack I can't do this, not whilst I have to look after Abby" She was nearly reduced to tears.

"Ok, so what are you telling me you want to get rid of it?" Jack asked her

"No, I couldn't go through with that, it's just such bad timing. I don't know how I'm going to cope" Martha explained. Before Jack could talk Abby came in again.

"Mummy, why are you crying again?" she asked. "It's my fault again isn't it."

"No baby, I'm not feeling very well" Martha told her

"No, no" Abby ran out crying.

"I can't cope Jack" Martha ran after her.

Martha found Abby in her room under the covers. Martha hated to see her upset. She went and sat down on her bed and pulled the covers down.

"Abigail, calm down, come here" Martha lay down next to her. Abby snuggled up next to her.

"I'm sorry for being sick" she cried

"Abby, look at me" Martha told her "It is not your fault that I am upset."

"Are you sure?" Abby had to make sure.

"Yes, I am very sure, now are you going to go to nursey today?" Martha asked

"Erm...I think so"

"You think so?"

"Yes I am going to go to nursery today, I want to see my friends again." Abigail began to get a little bit happier.

"If you want, you can invite a friend round for tea" Martha said

"Really?"

"Of course, so who do you want to invite round?" Martha asked

"Harriet! Harriet please!" Abby exclaimed.

"Ok, I'll give her Mummy a call later and make sure that its alright, now lets get you ready for nursery" Martha picked Abby up and headed downstairs to get her some breakfast.

"Amie you want to invite a friend round tonight?" Martha asked at the table.

"Cool, so can I invite Gabby round?"

"Sure, I'll give her Mum a call and make sure that she can come" Martha said. "Now both of you go upstairs and get ready for school and nursery" Martha laughed

"Hey, I thought that you didn't know how you could handle it" Jack went up to her and wrapped his arms around her.

"It's my hormones Jack, hormones" She laughed.

"Well if you're happy or sad or angry or whatever, I love you" Jack said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you too Mr Holden" she kissed him on the lips.

"Mummy you promised!" Abby yelled as she came down the stairs.

"You're right, we're sorry, we won't carry on" Martha told her

"Until later" Jack whispered so that only himself and Martha could here. "Is your sister ready?" Jack then asked Abby

"Yes I'm ready, and in the future please ask me. I can speak for myself" Amie yelled.

"Watch the attitude missy or Gabby might not come" Martha warned.

"I'm sorry Daddy"

"It's ok princess, now come of we've got to get you to school" Jack said goodbye to Martha then headed towards the car.

"Finally peace and quiet" Martha muttered heading upstairs to have a bath.

Becky it's your turn, hope you all enjoy that, please R&R :)

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Bec said that we should skip 9 months…I wonder why, so here goes, with the advance in time.

Chapter 16 (I think)

9 months later

Martha was lying down on the sofa staring at the ceiling. She hadn’t been feeling right for a few days; she knew that that meant that the baby would be coming soon. She wasn’t ready to handle it, this baby was happening at the completely wrong time. Abby was back in hospital and was feeling terrible. Amie was turning into a spoilt brat and Martha was convinced that it was due to her being friends with Gabby. Whatever Gabby asked for she got, it was simple as. Now Amie seemed to think that she could do the same.

“Amie come here now,” Martha yelled as she sat up.

“What?” Amie asked

“You said that you were going to clean up your toys but you haven’t done it.”

“But Mum…” Amie started

“No buts young lady, tidy up. If you don’t then you won’t get to see Abby later” Martha warned her.

“Fine” Amie went off in a huff to clear up her toys.

“Mum can we go now?” Amie asked, she wanted to see Abby

“Course, come on” Martha locked up and headed towards the car.

“I haven’t seen Daddy in ages” Amie said

“ Yes you are right, he’s been staying at the hospital a lot lately hasn’t he. How come Amie that you don’t play up around your father even though I am in a worse state than him?” Martha asked

“I don’t know, I don’t mean to play up Mummy” secretly she knew that she only did it for attention. She knew that Abby got all the attention at the moment and when the baby came, he or she would also get attention and Amie would just be left out as per usual.

“Amie, if something is wrong, then I want you to tell me” Martha could sense that something was up.

“I…” Amie was about to tell all “I feel…” she stuttered, “I feel left out, ignored” she finally said.

“Oh sweetie, I’m sorry. I really didn’t know you felt like that” Martha stopped the car in the car park.

“I know, you had no idea because you ignore me, and you don’t care about me as much as Abby or the new baby” Amie got out of the car.

“That’s not true baby, I love you just as much as Abby and the new baby” Martha tried to tell her, but before she could finish, she ran. “Amie come back,” she yelled but Amie ignored her. “Great, just great” Martha went to get Jack.

Jack had just gone out to look for Amie after Martha had told him what had happened.

“I’ll be back soon, I think I know where she’ll be” Jack headed out of Abby’s room. She was asleep at the moment, but Martha had a feeling she might wake up when her uncle Lucas came in. They had a really close bond, which was great for when Martha and Jack couldn’t be at the hospital.

“Hey Mac” Luc said

“Oh, hey Luc, Abby was really excited when she heard that you were coming in” Martha tried to sound happy.

“Great, I can’t wait to talk to her either, so how are you?” Luc asked

“If I’m honest I feel like crap. This baby is coming soon, I’m sure of it. Oh and to top it all off, Amie told me that she felt ignored and has now run off. Jack has gone to find her, leaving me with Abby. I just can’t cope anymore”

“Mac everything is going to be fine, and it will all be a lot easier when the baby is born” Luc told her

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, now cheer up, Abby won’t want to see her Mum upset when she wakes up”

“You’re right” Martha wiped away the stray tear.

“Mummy, I’m sorry” Amie said being carried in in Jack’s arms.

“Amie, Daddy found you! Come here” Martha brought her down onto her lap.

“I’m sorry” Amie repeated; now crying.

“Oh baby it’s alright, just please don’t run away again” Martha replied

“I won’t, I promise”

“And I promise that I won’t ignore you anymore, okay?”

“Yes” Amie nodded, whilst Martha wiped away her tears.

“Everything’s going to be okay now” Martha hugged her. Things could only get better.

“Mummy where are you going?” Abby asked, she was now awake.

“Just to get a drink with Daddy” Martha stood up. “Uncle Luc will keep you company, I won’t be long” Martha squeezed her hand and then walked out with Jack.

“Jack I really don’t feel very well” Martha told him

“I think we should get Rach to have a look at you” Jack replied. Martha suddenly held onto her stomach.

“Oh my god Jack, my waters just broke!” Martha exclaimed.

“Well at least we’re at the right place,” Jack smiled lightly.

Preview

Will baby Holden’s birth run smoothly?

Will Abigail’s condition take a turn for the worse?

All will be revealed in the next chapter, written by Becky!

Will baby Holden’s birth run smoothly? Yes. and dont forget. Rachie can deliver teh baby :wink:

Will Abigail’s condition take a turn for the worse? No, it wont. Because shes to young to dieee!

Becky. Please. Update. Now.

I cannot possibly wait.

PLEASE!

Archived