Those She Left Behind!

Guest beckyboo

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cuteness... they have a baby boy. Lol, I loved how she was only 2cm dialated over the 11 hours, t hat was great. There was a really good contrast of the drama and the humour in there which I really liked. Poor Abby!!!! :( Can't wait to see what happens next.

Awwww...Baby Ellis Jack Holden :wub: cuteness. Isnt Ellis a girls name??? Cute anyways :D

Abby wake up pleeeeeeeeease, she cant die, Becky please dont let Abby die *cries*

Martha in labour is just as funny as Martha drunk :lol:

Great chapter Becky

More please :D

New chapter everyone, it's extra long today, really should have split it into 2, but oh wells. Please read and review :)

Chapter 18

Once in there Martha had clung to Jacks hand.

“Guys we have done a series of test on Abigail and we have discovered that there is only one possible cure to the cancer, that would be a bone marrow transplant. We need to find a donor, obviously first we test the family, and if the transplant is successful, then Abby should make a full recovery. However if it isn't successful then she doesn't have long." Rachel said softly.

“How long” Jack asked her voice full of sadness and fear

“A year or two” Rachel told Jack and Martha whom both looked equally saddenned by the slight glimmer of hope that they had been shown.

"So when do we start looking for a donor?" Martha finally spoke

"Right now, we're going to test immeadiate family first" Rachel told them. Martha could hear Ellis crying down the corridor.

"Can I just go and get him?" she stood up anyway.

"Course" Rach answered. Martha walked out. "Shall we go with her, and find Amie and tell her what is happening, she'll need to be tested aswell."

"Ok" Jack followed Martha.

"So I have to have a needle put in my arm?" Amie asked

"Yes, but it won't hurt" Rachel answered softly.

"I don't want to do it, it will hurt" Amie cried.

"Will you do it for Abby? Abby would do it for you wouldn't she" Jack said to Amie who was sitting on his life.

"Mummy and Daddy are going to do it aswell" Martha whispered to her whilst stroking her hair back.

"Yer, we're doing it aswell" Jack added.

"Will you hold my hand?" Amie asked.

"Course we will princess, we'll be in there with you all the time" Jack answered.

"Ok, I'll do it for Abby" Amie stuttered.

"That's my little princess" Jack kissed her on the forehead.

For the rest of the afternoon, they all stayed with Abby. They had called Tony and Luc, told them about what was happening, and if they would be tested. They said yes immeadiately, and were coming down to the hospital soon. Ellis was asleep for the time being, but Martha knew that it wouldn't last. He would have to be taken home, for a proper sleep.

"Jack, I'm going to take Ellis home. He needs to have a proper sleep. I'll be back later this evening." Martha said.

"Mummy, can I come with you?" Amie asked

"Sure sweetie, you can have some food at home" Martha answered.

"I'll see you later Jack" Martha kissed him and took Amie's hand before heading to the car.

"Well Abby, it looks like it's just you and me" Jack sat back down.

Back at the house Martha was making Amie a sandwhich after just putting Ellis down for a nap.

"So how long do you think he will sleep for?" Martha joked with Amie.

"I say about 1 hour" Amie laughed along.

"Wow, you think that long, I think about 30 minutes, after all he did sleep at the hospital. So what do you want to do after you've had your sandwhich?" Martha and Jack had agreed that when they weren't at the hospital they wanted to act like a normal family with Amie and Ellis. They knew that if they were treated any differently and pushed aside then it would have a big effect on them.

"Can we go and see Grandad?" Amie asked hopefully.

"Well why don't we play some games, and then if your brother wakes up, we can go for a walk and we might bump into Grandad" Martha said.

"Ok" Amie agreed. For the next half an hour, Amie and Martha played a few games, twister included. Twister was Amie's favourite game, she wanted to play it whenever she could. She usually won aswell.

"Let's see if your brothers awake" Martha went into her room closely followed by Amie. Just as Martha thought he would be. His little eyes were darting around the room, taking everything in. As soon as Martha walked in he looked at her. "Hello handsome, how long have you been awake?"

"Can we go for a walk now?" Amie asked

"Sure, let me just change Ellis and we can go" Martha pulled out a clean jumpsuit for him and changed him quickly. "Yes, thats right, we are going to see Grandad" Martha said in a baby voice as she looked down at Ellis.

"Mum, come on" Amie yelled from the living room.

"I'm coming" Martha replied picking Ellis up and walking into the living room and putting him in his pram. "Are you ready?" Martha asked her, knowing that she didn't have any shoes on.

"I've just got to put my shoes on" Amie told her finding her flip flops. "Got them" Amie raced out of the door, letting Martha lock it. "Can I push the pram?" Amie asked

"Course, but not too fast" Martha said knowing full well that Amie would want to start running with it to get to see Grandad quicker. Sure enough Amie started walking very quickly. "Amie, if you go too fast then I will push the pram" Martha warned.

"Sorry" Amie replied walking slowly "Do you want to push it?" Amie then asked Martha.

"If you don't want to anymore then just say" Martha knew that Amie was bored with it already.

"There you go Mummy" Amie stopped and let Martha push the pram.

"Thank you Amie. Look there's Grandad" Martha pointed him out to Amie, only to see her run off to him. Martha followed slowly behind waiting for Alf and Amie to pull out of the hug. Alf was aware of what was happening with Abby, Martha had called him and told him.

"Hello love" Alf greeted her.

"Hey Grandad, how are you?" Martha replied

"I'm fine thanks love, how are you and the little one?" Alf asked, he already adored Ellis, and always offered to look after him if Martha and Jack had to go down to the hospital without him.

"We're good, Ellis has just woken up, and Amie wanted to come and see you" Martha answered.

"Well, I'm glad she did, I haven't seen her in a long time" Alf picked her up.

"I missed you Grandad" Amie said "Will you come and see Abby soon, I know that she misses you aswell" Amie added. She really wanted him to see her.

"Amie why don't you go inside and order a milkshake" Martha gave her some money "We'll come in in a minute" Once Amie was inside they seemed to relax a bit. Amie was so unaware of the real situation.

"So love how are you really?" Alf asked again.

"I'm ok, Ellis and Amie keep me busy, haven't really had time to think about it. Ellis is completely oblivious to the fact that he spends more time at the hospital than at home and Amie doesn't realise how serious things are. It's not as if I don't have things to do to keep my mind off it" Martha said

"Hows Jack coping?"

"We don't really talk about it, we have to be strong for the kids and can't talk about it in front of them. He knows that if he ever needs to talk to me then he can. Shall we go inside, Amie's probably wondering where we are" Martha headed towards the diner.

Martha was now taking Amie back to the hospital. They wouldn't stay long, they were mainly going to see Jack and decided who was staying at the hospital tonight. Martha knew that because of Ellis she would probably be staying at home, but she knew that Amie was missing Jack and that Ellis was really missing out because he wasn't seeing him alot.

"Daddy" Amie said as she walked in.

"Hey princess, I missed you" Jack picked her up. "Hey Martha, hows my little boy?" Jack then asked Martha as she walked in behind Amie.

"He's good, but I'm sure he misses his Daddy" Martha went over and hugged Jack. "Here" Martha passed Ellis to Jack and they sat down. Martha had Amie on her lap. "He looks just like you" Martha said softly.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" Jack joked.

"It's definitely a good thing," Martha laughed lightly. "I missed you this afternoon, we went to see Grandad, usually I go with you"

"I missed you more, Dad and Luc came in for a while, but they didn't stay long." Jack replied. "Do you want to stay here tonight, or should I?" Martha knew that it was coming. She really wanted herself and Jack to be able to stay in the same place for just one night.

"I want to stay with you" Martha said even though she knew that wasn't an option.

"Well Dad's coming back soon, and I think he said that he was going to stay over, so as long as I check with him, then I'll come home with you tonight" Jack stated, bringing a smile to Martha's face.

"I miss not waking up with you. Do you think he's going to stay?" Martha checked.

"Well, I did say to him that I missed not being home at night with you, Amie and Ellis, and then he said that he would stay over tonight and we could both stay at home"

"Yep thats right, I'm staying tonight" Tony appeared at the doorway. "So why don't you say goodbye to Abby and then get home" Tony ordered

"Do we even get a say in that?" Jack laughed.

"No, you don't"

At their house Jack had just cooked them all some dinner. Martha was really enjoying being able to spend time with him outside of the hospital. She could see that Jack like being at home aswell with Ellis and Amie.

“Daddy will you come and watch my movie with me?” Amie asked.

“Course, and Mummy will come aswell, and Ellis” Jack replied.

“I’ll just finish clearing up then I’ll come in.” Martha added.

“Come on Daddy, bring Ellis, come on” Amie dragged them into the living room. Martha came in five minutes later and sat down next to Jack.

“So what movie are we watching?” Martha asked.

“Guess” Jack replied

“Hmm, let me think” Martha started “High School Musical?”

“Got it in one” Jack added. “You do realise she will be singing all the songs” they had bought her the DVD not very long ago, and since then she had watched it non-stop. And of course now she knew that words that’s all she would sing.

“Living in my own world…didn’t understand, that anything can happen when you take a chance…I never believed in, what I couldn’t see… I never opened my heart, to all the possibilities…I know that something has changed never felt this way, and right here tonight this could be the start of something new…” Amie started. For the rest of the film Martha and Jack didn’t really watch the movie, they just cooed over Ellis. He would start to go to sleep but then be woken up by Amie singing.

“We should go and put him in his bed” Martha said

“He can stay out here for a bit longer, I haven’t spent much time with him lately” Jack replied.

“Ok, whatever you say, but you do realise Amie might want to watch the film again” Martha laughed.

“It wouldn’t surprise me” Jack started but was cut off by Amie.

“Daddy, will you please be quiet, I’m trying to watch it” She said “Together, together, together everyone, together, together, come on lets have some fun, together we’re there for each other every time, together, together, come on lets do this right” she continued. Martha and Jack just laughed, “Mummy, Daddy please” Amie was definitely starting to get annoyed. Ellis was awake again after Amie’s outburst, and was now crying.

“He might want a bottle before he goes to sleep, Jack just take him will you” Martha said handing Jack Ellis, standing up and walking into the kitchen.

“It’s ok little man, you’ll get some milk in a minute, Mummy’s just making a bottle for you” Jack talked softly to him trying to stop his crying.

“He likes it if you rub his back” Amie told Jack. “Like this” Amie showed him, and sure enough he stopped crying.

“How did you know that?” Jack asked, “You’re very clever.”

“I watch Mummy do it, in the morning when he cries” Amie explained. “She makes him a bottle, and rubs his back whilst he’s waiting. It usually works”

“Well, you’ve managed to stop him crying” Martha said coming back with a bottle of milk.

“It was Amie really” Jack replied.

“It’s probably because he’s like this every morning” Martha joked.

“I watch you in the morning when you make his bottle, you rub his back and he stops crying” Amie told her.

“That’s very true, Jack here’s the bottle” Martha gave it to him. “Amie what do you want to do now?” she asked

“Can I watch it again?”

“Yep, go and start it again then” Martha told her. “Come here” Martha pulled Amie onto her lap once she had started it again. “My very clever girl, looking after her little brother” Martha said softly in her ear.

“Ssh Mummy, it’s starting”

Jack was just putting Amie to bed; she had ended up falling asleep half way through the second round of high school musical. Martha was still downstairs with Ellis.

“Goodnight princess” Jack said to a sleeping Amie before heading back downstairs to Martha and Ellis.

“Martha I think we should put him to bed now” Jack told her.

“Ok, I’ll just get his blanket” Martha went into the kitchen and found it in his bassinet in there. Just as she wrapped his blanket around him, his eyes shut. “You like your blanket don’t you” Martha giggled.

“Come on Martha, we don’t have all night” Jack walked in.

“I’m coming,” she said. “Well he’s already asleep so at least he won’t be crying until all hours. You coming?” Martha walked past him.

“Hey I was waiting for you”

“Well, now I’m waiting for you”

Preview

Why does Martha get upset?

emma you just had to make me cry didnt you? :angry: well i didnt actually cry but you know what i mean!! anyway great chapter how did i know you would put high school musical into it?!! lol.....amie is soooo cute bless her. her and jack's relationship is sooooooooooo cute, i love it how he calls her 'princess' :wub: any way update soon...xxx

Archived