Sisters

Guest Eli

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 7

"Do you want to talk about what happened, sweetheart?" Shelley looked at her daughter while she was waiting for the green light.

"What?" Kirsty said.

"Oh, Kirst, I know you. You were all changed from the moment Katie walked in. What was that all about?"

"No, I was not weird!" Kirsty tried to make it sound like she had no idea what Shelley was talking about.

Shelley sighed. Kirsty obviously wasn't ready to talk about it.

Rhys Sutherland looked up from the newspaper when Jade entered the front door.

"Aren't you supposed to be at school right now?" Rhys said.

"No," Jade replied, "Ms. Anderson had to go home because her daughter got ill, so we got the last period off."

Rhys muttered something about the students having to suffer from a lack of eduacation because the teachers took the easiest way out, but Jade pretended she didn't hear him. She was just about to escape the kitchen and go to her room when Rhys held out a letter for her.

"Here," he said, "it came today."

Jade grabbed the envelope and hurried up to her room, to open it. Why was her heart beating so fast? She knew who it was from, it was posted in Los Angeles so it had to be from Nick.

"Umm... Mom, could I talk to you for a second?"

"Yes of course," Beth Sutherland replied to her son, "You can always talk to me Robbie. What is it?"

Robbie cleared his throat, he didn't know how to say this without telling too much.

"You know that guy, Felix who's been stalking Dani?"

Beth looked at him like she was trying to find out what he was hiding. "Yeees..." she said ina suspicious voice.

"Do you... Do you think he would... How far would he go to get back at Dani?"

Beth was growing even more suspicious, "I don't know..." she said, "why?"

Robbie tried to laugh, it sounded false and completely faked.

"Well, y'know... JUST out of curiousity! Y'know me, mom!" he tried to laugh again.

"Yes, Robbie," Beth said, "I know you, and you're a terrible liar!"

Robbie looked at his hands. He didn't know what to say.

"What did he do?" Beth simply said, "did he hurt Tasha?"

"No, no," Robbie replied fast, "it's just... someone I know think he's out to get back at Dani through her." he was very pleased with his own choice of words.

"Who? Is it Jade?" Beth wanted an answer.

What was it with her? Could she x-ray his brain with her eyes or something?

Robbie cleared his throat again.

"So it is Jade?" Beth said.

Robbie nodded, "Please mom, don't tell her I told you!" He knew he sounded like a baby, but he didn't care.

What he didn't know was that someone was standing just outside the kitchen window, listening to their conversation, and enjoying every second of it...

Kirsty was trying to ignore her mom in the door as she was practically throwing her clothes into her trunk. She had told her mother she wanted to go back to Summer Bay tomorrow morning, and she knew Shelley wanted to talk to her about Katie and Laura. But Kirsty really didn't feel like talking about it. All she wanted was to get back home and see Jade and Kane again.

"Kirsty... Why are you leaving so soon?" Kirsty realized she couldn't ignore her mother anymore.

"I really don't want to talk about it, mom" she said, "I just... need to get home."

Shelley accepted the answer, and there was silence for a minute.

"You know..." Shelley suddenly said, "Kathy thought it would be a good idea if you take some test just to make sure you don't have that kidney disease."

"Yeah, sure, whatever..." Kirsty sighed as she threw two pair of jeans into her trunk, she wanted this conversation to end right now.

"You know..." Kirsty had to really force herself not to ask Shelley to leave when she picked up the conversation again, "it's just to make sure you're not sick."

"Yeah, mom, I know" Kirsty said.

"It's better to be sure, after all it's in the family..."

Kirsty was very close to start yelling at Shelley now.

"And... I don't know..." Shelley hesitated. "Then don't talk about it," Kirsty thought. "Maybe you should see a psycologist? It might help you?"

Kirsty looked her mother straight in the eyes when she said "Mom, don't call anyone!"

Shelley looked at her shoes. "I already did..." she confessed. When Kirsty didn't answer she finally found out it was time to leave. As Shelley disappointed left her, Kirsty could help thinking how good it would be to get away from her mom.

Her mobile started ringing. It was from the Caravan park. "Great, more problems!" she muttered to herself before she picked up.

Jade was in the diner waiting for Seb. Her hands was shaking, and she couldn't stop memorizing her speech in her head.

When Seb finally sat down she was a wreck.

"Are you okay?" he asked. No! Of course she wasn't okay! All of a sudden all the words she had learnt by heart disappeared, and there was no great speech. All she could say was: "Seb, this isn't working anymore."

Seb stared at her for a second.

"What?" he said, "Are... Are you breaking up with me?"

Jade swallowed, and then she slowly nodded before she ran out of the diner, tears running down her face.

Please comment :)

Chapter 8

Dear Jade,

I'm writing this while I'm waiting to be called in for an audition.

Outside the sun is shining (as usual) and I wish I could be at the beach instead of inside this boring building.

I'm auditioning for a movie called "Breakthrough", because I'm out of a job now that the taping of "West coast" is finished. You should come and visit me soon, you could come with me to the opening night show for "West coast" and to the party after. No, let me put it in a different way: I'm officially inviting you to Los Angeles. All costs covered, for two weeks or more. If you want to Seb and Kirsty could come too.

I have to admit I'm feeling a little lost in this big city. I didn't think I would miss anything, because there are beaches and everything here, but it's still not Summer Bay.

I have been thinking about you a lot lately, I can't stop thinking I never got to really say I'm sorry I hurt you. Because I am, I never wanted to hurt you, Jade.

So, how is the bay doing without me? Not good, I guess? Hayley told me Kane and Kirsty finally was accepted by your family, and that they are married. How do you feel about that? You never liked Kane after what he did to Dani, I know that, but on the other hand you'va always stood up for your twin sister.

I'm sorry, I have to go now, promise you'll call me about visiting LA, wish me luck on the audition!

Nick.

Jade folded the letter and opened another box of tissues. She couldn't stop crying, couldn't stop feeling gulity about breaking up with Seb. But most of all she couldn't stop her heart from beating fast every time she read Nick's letter.

Kirsty was leaning towards the window, watching the road as the bus kept taking her closer to home.

Her dad had called her last time to ask when she was coming home, and once again she had to go through answering questions about why she wanted to go home so soon, if she was okay and if she wanted to talk about it.

Nothing was changed since she had thought to Shelley, and Kirsty didn't feel like telling why she wanted to leave so soon.

Of course Rhys didn't know about what happened when Kirsty met Katie, and she was glad she didn't have to go through that story again. Every time Shelley asked she pretended she didn't understand, but the truth was she knew perfectly well what she was talking about.

The last couple of days Kirsty had spent trying to figure out if she would ever be able to look at Laura like her sister, but now she knew she wouldn't When she saw Katie she knew who her real sister was and where she belonged.

She saw Jade, and realized that Katie felt more like a sister to her than Laura, and that was because she was so much more like Jade.

She didn't belong in the City with the DeGroots! Her home was wherever her family was, the Sutherlands, and Kane. And at the moment that was a small town called Summer Bay.

Kirsty sighed, she wished she could turn back time, wished this had never happened.

Jade picked up her mobile and started composing a message. "Hi, we need 2 talk, meet @ the diner asap?", she started typing in Seb's number but had to stop. Did she really want to talk to him? Or was it just because she was feeling guilty?

Jade cleared the display and tried hard not to start crying again. Blinded by the tears, lifted up her pillow, picked up the envelope on the mattress, and started reading Nick's letter for the fourteenth time.

Kirsty's bus was slowing down, and she closed her book.

In the arrival hall Kane was waiting for her.

"Hi babe," he said and kissed her. No questions.

"Would it be okay if you dropped me off at the caravan park? I wanna talk to Jade," Kirsty asked on their way home.

"Sure, are you coming home afterwards?" Kane replied.

"Yes," Kirsty said, "I just need to talk to her."

Kane reached out and stroke her hair, right now she loved him because he didn't dig for details.

"So, you broke up with Seb, but you don't know why, cause you still have feeling for him, but you don't and you didn't have any problems, and you want to talk to him but you don't?" Kirsty said, looking at Jade.

"You know, that doesn't make any sense, Jade."

Jade dried her eyes again, "I know!" she said, "I love Seb, and I think he cares about me too-"

"Oh, come on Jade, he loves you, you know that!" Kirsty interrupted.

"But I can't be with him, and I feel so guilty about it!"

Kirsty frowned, "You shouldn't feel guilty if you feel that it was the right thing to do," she said.

"But how can it be the right thing to do when I still love him?" Jade cried.

"Why did you break up with him?" Kirsty said, she was really confused now.

Jade swallowed, "because of this," she said, and reached out for the letter under the pillow, but it wasn't there.

Five miles away the letter from Nick Smith in Los Angeles had just become a part of a collage called "The Sutherland sisters".

and reached out for the letter under the pillow, but it wasn't there.

Five miles away the letter from Nick Smith in Los Angeles had just become a part of a collage called "The Sutherland sisters".

Oh, wow! Great clifffhanger, I'm more and more intrigued... To think, I nearly missed seeing this update too, as I just spent ages (as usual) chatting on the phone... :P

Great fic, Eli, and I love how you're dealing with the characters' feelings and making them real people. :)

Archived