Sisters

Guest Eli

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Why did you break up with him?" Kirsty said, she was really confused now.

Jade swallowed, "because of this," she said, and reached out for the letter under the pillow, but it wasn't there.

Five miles away the letter from Nick Smith in Los Angeles had just become a part of a collage called "The Sutherland sisters".

---

Chapter 9

"Let me get this straight: you broke up with Seb just so he wouldn't go with you to LA?" Kirsty asked for the third time.

The girls had been looking everywhere for the letter, but after an hour they had given up, and Jade had told Kirsty about it instead.

"No," Jade said, "I didn't just break up with him so he wouldn't come with me to LA... It's just when I get to LA..."

"You might jump right into Nick's arms again?" Kirsty asked, she didn't seem too happy about it, "Nick is Seb's best friend, Jade!"

"I know that, thank you very much!" Jade said, why couldn't Kirsty understand?

"Then think about how he will feel if you want to go back with his best friend, who by the way lives on the other side of the world? Do you really think that would work?"

Jade had to admit that the way Kirsty said it she had a point, but she had already thought about it.

"He won't stay in Los Angeles forever!" she said, but the moment it slipped out she realized how stupid and childish it sounded.

Kirsty laughed. "Open your eyes, Jade, he's not coming back to the Bay!"

"Well there is one more option, Kirst..." Jade said quietly, "I could move to LA..."

A bus-ticket from Yabbie Creek to Sydney... A page from a newspaper showing a picture from a bus crash over a year ago... A list of grocery to buy...

"Dinner, girls!" Beth called out from the kitchen.

"We'll talk more about this after dinner," Kirsty said in a voice stating that the decision was already made, and not to be discussed.

"Don't tell dad and Beth!" Jade squeaked.

Kirsty rolled her eyes, "What do you think I am? Stupid?"

The girls went down where Mattie was setting the table, and Beth was taking a casserole of the oven.

Kirsty had reacted just like Jade had thought when she broke her idea to her. The protests were many. She couldn't leave Summer Bay; she couldn't go to LA for a relationship she hoped would work out, but weren't sure about; Rhys would freak out if Jade moved out for a boy (at that point Jade pointed out that Kirsty wasn't exactly one to talk since she had moved out to live with a boy her family hated but she still married, and Kirsty was silent and thoughtful for a moment).

Now they had to pretend everything was okay as they ate dinner.

"Remember we have to be ready to go six o'clock," Beth said.

"Yes, sure," Jade muttered.

All the Hunters and all the Sutherlands were going out for desert to celebrate Rhys's birthday, and Kirsty was going with them.

Secretly Jade would rather stay home. Eating out with Kirsty wasn't the thing she wanted to most in the world at the moment.

A sceduale for Summer Bay High... A copy of the uni campus newspaper... A picture of two girls at the beach...

He looked at the collage on the wall. He turned around and the letter on the table drew his attention. He smiled as he sat down and started drawing in the corner of it.

"Happy Birthday, Dad!" Dani said, and gave her father a hug before she handed him a gift.

"Thank you, sweetheart," Rhys Sutherland said. He was smiling, for the first time in several days. The whole family was gathered... All the people he cared about.

He looked at all his three daughters standing in front of him. Jade, Kirsty and Dani.

Jade, Kirsty and Dani. They all looked so innocent in the picture.

He smiled again, grabbed the letter and closed the door behind him.

It was 7 o'clock and already getting darker. "Perfect!" Felix Walters thought as he headed for Summer Bay Caravan Park.

Ha, I LOVE all the intrigue about the collage etc! Can I make one small criticism tho? It would've been better if you hadn't revealed the name Felix Walters so soon. When you write a story, keep readers guessing for as long as you can. (You're a great writer and you can easily do that. :D )

But that was a good chapter just the same, Eli. :)

Ha, I LOVE all the intrigue about the collage etc! Can I make one small criticism tho? It would've been better if you hadn't revealed the name Felix Walters so soon. When you write a story, keep readers guessing for as long as you can. (You're a great writer and you can easily do that. :D )

But that was a good chapter just the same, Eli. :)

I can see what you mean... I was thinking about it for a long time, but decided to give his name because the story isn't supposed to be about the cliffhanger but the relationship between Kirsty and Jade.

Chapter 10

The Caravan park was dark and empty when the Sutherlands came home a few hours later.

The celebration of Rhys' birthday had been successful, and everyone had gotten along all right.

Even though everything seemed happy, Jade couldn't get rid of the feeling that something was wrong.

"I'm gonna go to bed, now" she said, yawning as she entered the fron door, and took of her shoes.

"Good night, sweetheart, and thank you for a great evening" her father replied.

When Jade entered the bedroom she couldn't help feeling a little sad. This was the room she used to share with Kirsty. While they were still sisters, before Kirsty married Kane.

Jade had a feeling that chapter was completed. The chapter where they both were laughing high school girls, with no bigger problems than what to wear at the dance. Now Kirsty was pregnant, married and had a new family. And Jade was still the same, or was she really?

Her mind was distracted when she reached out to fluff up the pillows, and something fell out. She knew what it was at once, it was the letter from Nick!

Could it have been there all the time? Jade was so sure it wasn't there when she and Kirsty was looking for it earlier that day.

She opened the envelope again, and unfolded the letter inside.

What she saw made her stomack turn, and she was still feeling numb when she picked up her mobile to call Kirsty.

Kirsty couldn't remember the last time she had been so tired.

Irene and Tasha were just coming home from a friend they had visited in the City, and Kane was watching the tellie.

It was just starting to rain, and Kane went out to help Irene and Tasha carry their bags from the car. While they were outside, Kirsty fell asleep on the couch. No one heard the phone ringing.

Dani was almost at the door when she heard it. Something moving in the bushes around the Palace.

"Hayles, is that you?" she said. No one replied.

"It's just an animal, it's just an animal," Dani kept telling herself, walking faster towards the house, but she knew it was a person. She knew Felix was staring at her right at this moment, and she took a deep breath.

"Go home, Felix!" she said, sounding a lot braver than she really was.

At the same moment two friends were talking in a house a few miles away from the Palace.

"I'm telling you, Sarah, i'm not giving up before she aplogises in the uni paper." Felix Walters said.

Sarah smiled. "I think they are really scared now," she said.

Felix laughed, "Scared?" he said, "Scared of me?"

Sarah nodded.

"Well, then they aren't as stupid as I thought they were," Felix said, "they should really be afraid of me, Sarah; very afraid..."

Jade tried to dial the number again. Why wasn't Kirsty picking up? Or Kane, or Irene or Tasha?

Something had to be wrong...

"Hello?" It felt like a huge burden was lifted off Jade's shoulders when someone picked up, even though it was Kane.

"Kane?" She said "This is Jade, is Kirsty there?"

"Yeah, she is," Kane said, "But she's asleep."

"Could you wake her up? This is important!"

"I don't know, Jade," he replied, "she was really tired, and I think she should get her sleep, now that she's pregnant and everything..."

"Please, Kane! PLEASE Wake her up!" Jade knew she sounded like a four year old begging for candy before Dinner, but she didn't care.

"I have to think about the baby too," Kane said, "I'm sorry."

"Fine." Jade said, and hung up. All of a sudden she wished Kane wasn't som caring and loving when it came to Kirsty and the baby.

He didn't understand, she had to speak to Kirsty now! Jade sighed, and found her rain coat in the closet.

She looked ridicolus in pajamas and a raincoat, but that didn't matter now.

It only took her two minutes to sneak out through the living room while Beth was upstairs and Rhys was in the bathroom, and pretty soon she was running through the cold rain.

The bay was almost drowned in the massive rain, and everyone was glad to be inside.

Felix was standing at the window, staring out through the thick curtain of water washing down. All of a sudden something on the sidewalk caught his attention.

"Sarah, where's my camera?" he said, hurrying out to the terrace.

Sarah came after with him with the camera, and handed it to him.

Felix grabbed it and focused on the running silhouette on the sidewalk.

Click!

"Jade Sutherland, 11.30 PM." he said, smiling at Sarah.

Pretty soon Jade was out of sight, and Sarah and Felix went back inside.

They had only just sat down when they heard the door open and close downstairs. A few seconds later someone came up the stairs.

Sarah turned her chair and smiled towards the person on the stairs.

"So," she said, "how was Dani Sutherland tonight?"

Jade was sitting on the bed in Kane and Kirsty's bedroom.

Kirsty had just woke up, and Kane didn't seem too happy about Jade's little visit disturbing his wife's sleep.

"Erm... Could I talk to Kirst alone?" Jade said.

Kane looked like he was having an objection, but the look on Kirsty's face made him change his mind.

"I'll be in the kitchen..." he muttered and left the room.

"So, what was it you needed to tell me?" Kirsty said, as soon as the door closed behind Kane.

Jade found the letter from Nick in her pocket.

"I found it." she simply said,

"Well, everything is okay then?" Kirsty said.

"Have a look," Jade replied.

Kirsty grabbed the letter, and looked at it. Over in the corner of the paper someone had drawn a plane crashing, and people falling out of tha plane.

"Have a great trip," someone had written across Nick's handwriting, "Hope you make it."

Please comment :)

Great update, Eli! :D

ps Where is everybody getting these fanfic avatars from? I'm getting jealous! :P

I made mine myself with Photoshop CS2.

If you want to I could make you some too, just PM me or reply my thread in the Artwork and Creations forum (It's called "Avatars") and tell me which fanfic it for (write a short summary) and maybe some ideas for who should be in it and stuff :)

Archived