Sisters

Guest Eli

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a long time since last update, but here's finally a new chapter. Hope you all like it!

Chapter 17

When Jade and Kirsty were younger they used to fight over everything. Kirsty had always been the tough one, while Jade had been the girly girl.

Shelley used to say that Kirsty could get whoever she wanted, because all the boys admired her for not being such a girly girl. Jade could also get whoever she wanted because she was so caring and loving, but she wouldn't take just whoever she wanted. Instead she would make sure he deserved her, and would treat her right.

Since the DeGroots had visited Summer Bay Jade had been wondering if Shelley would have compared them like that if she knew they weren't twins.

But now she got carried away again, all this had started when she saw Sarah pull the trigger while the gun was pointed at her. She knew what would happen the moment the gun pointed at her, and she knew there was nothing she could to to stop it.

That was when she had started thinking about Kirsty and when they were younger. She remembered when they were watching music videos, and argued about how to play them. She always wanted to play the whole video from beginning to end, so she could dance to the music just like the popstars didn, while Kirsty always wanted to stop when there was a great scene and play it in slow motion.

Jade never understood why Kirsty wanted to play the scenes with explosions or great jumps in slow motion, but now she did.

It was something so weird, but at the same time good to watch something in slow motion. When Sarah pulled the trigger, it was almost beautiful. And she knew that as soon as that bullet hit it would stop being beautiful and return to normal speeded motion.

But right now she was not gonna throw herself on the floor, not try to avoid it, because somehow she knew what would happen next.

Sarah pulled the trigger, and the bullet was on its way towards her, but it never hit her. Robbie threw himself in front of her, and it hit him instead. He fell, and Jade fell under him, smashing into the wall behind them and then falling down on the floor.

Jade passed out, and when she woke up she didn't remember anything from the shooting.

Kirsty saw Sarah fire off the gun at Jade and screamed. Kane pushed her down to the floor, it hurt, but it was just a desperate attempt to get her down and out of danger.

Someone ran the door down and stormed in to the room. She could see their legs, a man's and a woman's and she immidiately knew who they were.

Peter Baker and Pia Correlli had figured out the situation, and was here to take contol of it, the question was if them would be able to.

Kirsty heard another gunshot being fired, but she had no idea who fired it, or if anyone got shot.

She screamed and tried to turn around when she saw Dani hit the floor just a few feet away from her head. She wasn't trying to avoid a bullet, she was hit by one.

Dani felt the intense pain in her chest, she was losing her ability to focus, and the room looked blurry.

"Please, please let that have been the last shot!" she thought, trying not to lose concience as the pain grew stronger every second.

When she heard the next shot she knew her wish wasn't granted.

"Please, tell me that bullet didn't hit anyone!" she thought, more desperate to stay awake than ever, but a body hitting the floor told her another wish wasn't granted.

She knew who it was, she could see the body and recognize the clothes.

"Don't let her die!" was the last thing she thought before she gave up and passed out, hoping that her third wish was the one to be granted.

Peter knew the situation was very dangerous, and one little mistake could change many lives.

He knew there was only one solution to stop this crazy woman shooting people. It could mean killing her, but it was the only way out.

"Drop the gun!" Pia shouted, but Sarah didn't do it, just like they had expected.

Peter raised the gun, but Sarah was quicker, turning around, fireing a shot at him with her eyes closed.

He avoided the bullet by throwing himself down behind the sofa. It all happened so fast, but not too fast for Pia to know what to do. She saw Peter hiding behind the sofa, and raised her gun-holding arm, ready to fire back...

Flynn saw the situation and got the feeling something was wrong.

Sally was down at the floor, and it wasn't her he needed to be with right now. Five feet in front of him a woman was about to be executed.

This was wrong, it was all wrong! Sarah was crazy, she needed help! She wasn't evil, she was just really really lost, and maybe it wasn't too late to save her of she just got help?

As a doctor he knew miracles could happen, and Sarah was far from a lost case!

He got up, and ran towards Sarah as Pia pulled the trigger. He hit her hard, and landed on top hof her at the floor. His arm hurt, but he wasn't sure if it was because the bullet had hit him or because he had injured it when he hit the floor. He wasn't even sure if Sarah was alive.

For five long seconds he laid still, not moving a muscle, not breathing, just trying to find out if Sarah was alive.

The room was silent, or maybe it wasn't, Flynn didn't know, everyone could be screaming and he wouldn't know.

He was about to give up, and start moving again when he finally felt Sarah take a deep breath underneath him.

One month later

Jade sat down, she wasn't crying. She had stopped crying a long time ago.

Right now she just wanted to put this behind her, move on. She knew she would never be able to forget any of this, but they would have wanted her to move on and get on with her life.

One month ago she had realized life was short, and she had to take advantage of every day she was given.

"This," she said, staying calm, "is the beginning of the rest of my life."

She threw the two red roses into the water, and wathed the waves take them away, away from the coast and away somewhere in the Pacific ocean.

Just like she didn't know where they were she didn't know where the two roses would end up, but at least she had made up her mind about where she was going to end up...

Please review!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my God, was that a major mistake of what! *blushing like I've never blushed before in my life*

Oh Gooooooddd.... I feel so stupid... That's what happens when you start writing when it's way past bedtime and you've had to much caffeine.

I better rewrite, you can read the chapter again soon, I just need to fix it... :rolleyes:

EDIT: It's fixed now. I still can't understand how that could happen! But luckily it was a detail that could easily be changed just by replacing names (because the scene couln't be changed that much) without spoiling anything.

I'm really sorry!

Then back to your review, Tiegan: Firstly, thanks :D

And yes, there will be more chapters, I have just been very lazy lately, and I think I will update Dark Tunnels before I update Sisters (The next moves is completed and moved to the library). But I will try my best to update before Sunday, because I'm starting "Closer each day" on Monday (don't miss it if you liked TNM!)

Here's a new chapter, and hopefully without any major plotholes this time :P

Chapter 18

Somehow the death of two loved ones didn't make Jade as sad as she thought she would be.

It almost seemed like the rest of the family was a bit annoyed with her for not grieving enough. But Jade grieved. They were just used to the Jade who cried, wrote in her diary and needed a hug. This Jade hadn't written in her diary in weeks, and she hadn't cried or hugged anyone since the funerals.

No one saw what Jade saw in this awful situation. It wasn't just a really sad situation, it was a wakeup call.

The moment Jade had woke up by the paramedics carrying her in to an ambulance; the moment she had seen the body on the floor she had wondered if there was something she could learn from this situation.

It was a strange reaction, but it was just how it was.

Noah was still in a coma, he hadn't been awake since that day.

No one really knew for sure what had happened as Felix had died in the hospital the day after the accident but everyone had a pretty good idea. The only explanation that made sense was that Noah had risked his own life to stop Felix from getting to the rest of them.

The plan had been successful, but now it was all for nothing.

And what no one, not even Sarah knew was that if Noah hadn't done what he did no one would have died. Felix wanted to stop Sarah. But luckily for everyone that secret would remain a secret forever.

Jade spent many hours at the hospital by Noah's bed. Somehow it gave her the strength she needed to keep believing in her theory about the situation being a reminder on how precious life was. Maybe it was that no matter how long he was there, how silent he was and how much danger he was in... There was still life left in him.

Jade had a feeling Noah wouldn't let go of that life. He would keep fighting even though no one could see it. He would fight his way back to life. He would win.

"Do you really think that's appropriate?" Kirsty asked as she watched her sister place a vase full of fresh flowers on Noah's nightstand.

"Why wouldn't it?" Jade said and turned around to look at her.

"Do you really think colorful flowers is the thing he want in his room when he wakes up?" Kirsty said.

"Well, what do you suggest? A dark sheet covering the window and dead weed?" Jade snapped back.

Kirsty looked shocked. It was more like her to answer like that. Jade usually didn't use a tone like that. But then again, she had changed a lot lately.

"Well sorry then," she muttered sarcastically, "I just don't think he needs colorful flowers like it's a party when he wakes up. No matter how much you believe in celebrating life I don't think he will feel like celebrating it."

Jade chose not to continue that conversation, the last thing they needed now was a fight.

"I'm glad I'm not the one who has to tell him," she muttered instead.

"Who is?" Kirsty asked.

"I don't know," Jade replied, "Will I guess. He's coming back today."

"But he was just here for the funeral!" Kirsty said.

Jade sighed.

"I guess he wants to be here when Nick comes home from LA," she said, and just the thought of Nick made her feel a little bit better, "plus, they're cleaning out the Palace now..."

As soon as those words slipped they were both reminded of the shooting again and no one said anything for over a minute.

"Are you sure about the flowers?" Kirsty asked one last time.

Jade didn't snap back this time, she just smiled in a sad way.

"Yes, she said, "Hayley would have loved them."

Nothing was like it had been before the shooting in the Sutherland family.

Robbie had been shot, but was better now. He got out of the hospital just a few days after he was shot, and things were still a bit awkward between him and Jade.

The weeks before the shooting Robbie wouldn't even speak to her, but when Sarah pointed the gun at Jade he had thrown himself in front of her and probably saved her life.

They hadn't really talked since before Scott was killed, and they were both kind of avoiding each other.

Dinner was no longer the noisy and eventful happening it used to be in the Caravan Park. Now everyone was silent, and no one looked at each other. They ate because they had to, not because they wanted to.

The silent and mechanic dinner was interrupted when Beth suddenly asked if anyone wanted ice cream with cherries for dessert.

Ice cream with cherries was Dani's favourite dessert.

After just thinking for a second everyone started muttering "Yes," and "yes please". Everyone expect Jade.

"Sweetheart, when were you supposed to be home from playing with Sheila?" Rhys Sutherland asked.

Dani twisted her hands, looking very guilty.

"Whenever I wanted?" she asked hopefully, looking innocently at her dad.

"No, I said dinner. Five o'clock," Rhys said, "You have to watch the time, even when you are playing young lady!"

"Sorrydaddy it's nevergonnahappenagain," Dani said, sounding like she had been practising, "Can I just have dinner now? I'm hungry!"

"Yes, you can have dinner," Rhys said, "but we don't have any dessert left for you."

"What did we have for dessert?" Dani asked, looking suspicious.

"Ice cream with cherries."

"Ice cream with cherries? But that's my favorite dessert in the whole world and the universe!" Dani cried.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, but that's what happens if you come home too late."

Dani stamped her foot in anger, crying "But I want ice cream with cherries!!"

"That's enough, young lady," Shelley said, lifted Dani up and placed her on a chair in front of her cold dinner.

She had finished her dinner, scowling at her parents, and then she had left the table muttering "Don't EVER eat ice cream with cherries without me again!"

"No," Jade said.

"What?" Beth asked.

"NO," Jade repeated, "I don't want ice cream!"

"Sweetheart it's okay-" Rhys began, but Jade cut him off.

"No," she said for the third time, "We can't eat ice cream with cherries without Dani!" then she stood up and ran out of the house. The old Jade would have stayed and started to cry, but the new Jade felt the tears coming and she didn't want to show them to anyone.

Jade didn't go home before all signs of tears were gone. A few minutes after she ran off she saw Kirsty looking for her. She had made sure Kirsty saw her, and then she had ran off again. Kirsty had taken the hint, and went home telling everyone Jade just wanted to be alone.

Back home everyone acted like nothing had happened. It made Jade angry, but at the same time she was relieved.

Half past eight someone knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Bath shouted, and the door was opened.

Jade had never been close to Will, but she could see how much older he looked now. He almost looked like an old man, and it had all happened in a few weeks.

"Will! How are you, mate?" Rhys called out, trying to sound happy and normal.

"I'm fine," Will replied, it didn't look like he was fine at all, "I can't stay long, I just came over to tell you we are picking up Nick at the airport tomorrow. I just thought you should know, I mean you're his best friends around here, right?" he nodded towards Kirsty and Jade.

Kirsty nodded back, "Yes, I can tell Seb if you want to," she said to will, "so you don't have to."

Jade didn't even hear the conversation. Weeks and months of waiting was over, Nick was coming to Summer Bay!

Archived