Sisters

Guest Eli

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 12

"I was on my way home from work, and when I came up to the house I heard a gunshot." Hayley Smith dried her eyes.

"And what did you do next?" Detective Correlli asked.

Hayley took a deep breath. "I ran to the surf club because I was scared. I didn't have my mobile with me." she said.

"You did the right thing," Correlli replied.

"I just can't believe it..." Hayley said, crying, "Can't believe she shot him."

Pia Correlli was tired after hours of interviews with friends and family.

"Do we know what Felix Walters was doing at the time of the shooting yet?" Detective Jefferson asked.

"Yes," Pia replied, "He was in the uni library at the time, with his girlfriend Sarah. Several witnesses saw them."

"Then clearly he isn't involved." Jefferson said.

"No, I guess not," Pia said, but she couldn't get rid of the feeling he had something to do with this.

"I just don't get why!" he said, "She trusted him!"

"So you don't have any idea why she would shoot him?" Pia said.

"Not at all." he replied.

"Miss Sutherland claims he was threatening her with a knife, what do you think about that?"

He was thinking for a moment.

"It doesn't sound like him at all. He wouldn't do that to her."

"He had been in some trouble with the police, did Miss Sutherland know that?"

"Yes," he replied, "she knew."

"Okay," Pia sighed, "You can go, Mr. Lawson."

Dani was sitting in her cell. It was small and unwelcoming.

Every time she didn't concentrate hard she saw him laying on the floor, and she tried telling herself he deserved it.

But on the other hand... He would never stab her!

What if she had misunderstood the situation? What if she had been too paranoid?

No, he had attacked her. She had only shot to save her own life!

But why would he do this to her? He didn't have any reason to want to hurt her!

Dani felt like sha was going crazy.

"So who's left to talk to?" Jefferson asked as he poured coffee in the cup.

"Lots of people," Pia replied.

"What did Kirsty Phillips say?"

"We haven't talked to her yet," Pia said.

"What?!" Jefferson said

"She needed some time to deal with this for God's sake!" Pia snapped, "she was shaken up and upset, we will talk to her when we think she's ready."

Rhys was staring at the ocean. There was no one left at the beach, and he had been standing there alone for almost an hour when Alf Stewart came walking up to him.

"How are you doing, mate?" he asked.

Rhys turned, "I'm worried about Dan..." he said.

"She'll be fine," Alf said, realizing it probably wasn't the best thing to say.

"What if the cops don't believe her? What if they don't think he was trying to stab her?"

"She didn't have any other reason to shoot him," Alf replied, "they will believe her."

"But she already has a criminal record!" Rhys said, "but of course this is different... When she hit Kane with the car it wasn't on purpose. I hate to say it, but he didn't deserve that."

"Neither did she, it caused her a lot of trouble." Alf said.

"That's my point," Rhys said, "this time she acted on purpose, and I just hope the cops see that he got exactly what he deserved..."

"Miss Sutherland, please come with us," one of the officers said. Dani stood up and they took her away from the cell and to the room Officer Pia Correlli was waiting.

What was she going to do? She had to convince them he had deserved it!

She had to make them see she would never have shot him unless he was trying to kill her!

Dani sat down in the chair, and the door was closed.

Pia Correlli was silent, she was waiting for Dani to make her statement.

"I..." Dani felt the tears in her eyes, "I... I just did it because he was trying to kill me!"

"So you did shoot him?" Pia asked.

Dani swallowed, dried her eyes and nodded.

"Yes," she said, "I killed Scott Hunter."

Please comment :)

Scott Hunter! :o I was beginning to think she'd shot Kane. :ph34r: Great update, Eli! :D

I'm so glad you said that! I spent a looong time trying to twist it so that people would think it was Kane! :wink:

I'm trying to update later today, but I can't promise anything. I killed my laptop AGAIN yesterday, so everything goes a little slower at the moment...

Chapter 13

Dani woke up from another nightmare when the door was opened. Pia Correlli came in.

"You are free to go," she simply said.

"Wha-what?" Dani replied, still confused from the nightmare and from being waken up so brutally.

"There won't be any court case," Detective Correlli said, "As we have found fingerprints on the knife, and other revealing evidence we have reason to believe that Scott Hunter in fact tried to attack you."

"What evidence?" was all Dani could say.

"I can't tell you that at this moment," Correlli replied, "but we will continue investigating the incident, and a possible bigger plan behind all this. That's all I can tell you."

Dani swallowed. She didn't feel like leaving at all. Sure it would be nice to come home, but did she really have a home to come home to? She didn't want to go back to the Palace. Everything there reminded her of Scott, and the shooting, and she didn't want to go home to the Caravan park where the house was crowded of Scott's family.

They were too sad about the loss to see her side of the story. Dani couldn't blame them, they hadn't seen what she had.

"Are you okay, babe?" Kane asked. Kirsty was sitting in their bed, staring at something far, far away.

"I'm just thinking about Scott..." she said.

"I know." Kane sat down on the bed.

"I just can't believe he would try to hurt Dani," she said.

Kane sighed.

"He always seemed like such a nice bloke," he said, "even though everyone hated me he gave me a job. And he was Dani's boyfriend!"

"Well," Kirsty replied, "maybe he didn't care about what Dani felt?"

"I think he did," Kane said.

They didn't say anything for a long time. They just sat there on the bed, thinking about Dani and Scott.

"Y'know..." Kirsty said after a while, "I feel so bad for thinking I miss Scott... I should support Dani!"

"Can't you do both?" Kane asked.

"I dunno..." his wife replied, "I guess I can, if I don't tell Dani."

Dani grabbed her stuff. She hadn't bothered to call anyone. If they knew she was out of jail they would be all over her in no time, and she couldn't take that right now.

Maybe she could go to the city and stay with Shelley?

No, she needed to ber here now, she didn't want to leave Hayley, Noah, Jade and Kirsty. They were there for her no matter what. And so would Rhys be, as soon as he was done comforting Beth.

She thought about it again, but going back to the Palace was not an option, no matter how much Hayley begged. There was only one option left...

Dani picked up her phone and dialled a number.

"Hi Irene, it's Dani..."

The beach was empty. Not that strange really, the water was cold and the waves were furious. It was windy, and not the perfect weather for a day at the beach.

Jade walked in the sand, even though it was cold. She didn't want to go home.

If only she could turn back time. Go back to before all this mess started.

If she had gone to America with Nick everything would have been different.

Or if Kirsty hed been the real Sutherland, and she had been a DeGroot... And there never was a twin swap! Jade felt like she was going crazy, so she kept walking, kept holding on to the loneliness...

Dani felt like she could finally relax. No one at Irene's place was bugging her with annoying questions.

Kirsty had called Rhys, and he understood. After a short visit to make sure she was okay, he let Dani get the time she wanted and needed, and went back home.

Now she finally fell asleep on the couch, and for teh first time in weeks she didn't have any nightmares.

No Scott, no Felix, just sleeping.

When she woke up she only had time to think one thing before she was faced with it. She had forgot about one person she didn't want to talk to.

Now he was standing there, while Tasha was in the kitchen.

"Ehh...Hi..." she said, she felt like she had to say something.

He turned around, and stared at her. His eyes were so sad, and at the same time so cold and full of something that looked like hatred.

"I don't wanna talk to you right now." Robbie said, and walked out.

"The cops don't have anything on us." Felix said. He was angry about the lack of support from his friends.

"They will soon," Sarah said, "if we're not more careful."

Chapter 14

The nightmares were back, and worse than before.

In her sleep she kept seeing Scott entering the kitchen, looking at her like he never had before, and then attacking.

"So why do I still love you, Scott?" Dani thought. Because no matter how many times people told her he had fooled her, and played her like a game she couldn't help asking herself if he ever really loved her.

Jade couldn't help noticing Robbie was acting strange. Well, of course he would, his brother had just died, but still...

He hardly ever spent any time with Tasha anymore, and Jade knew why. In the caravan park it was more than a little tense, and over at Irene's was Dani.

"Are you okay?" she asked him. He was staring at something that wasn't there. Just an empty gazing and a sad face.

"I dunno..." he said, almost whispering. Jade sat down next to him on the couch.

"If you wanna talk..."

"You wouldn't understand. You just think he's a bad guy who tried to attack Dani. You look at him like you used to look at Kane!"

"Well, and still do look at Kane..." Jade confessed, "but I don't just look at him as someone who attacked Dani. He was so much more, and even though he did a bad thing..."

"What if all the good stuff he did was just pretend? What if he was just acting like a nice brother?" All of a sudden Robbie sounded angry and bitter.

"I don't think so," Jade replied, "I find it very hard to believe all that was acting."

"Thanks." Robbie whispered.

They were silent for a second before Robbie suddenly said something again.

"You know, I can understand Dani too," he said, "I just don't want to believe her!"

"I know," Jade said.

"Scott was like the only person I could ever talk to," Robbie continued, "mom don't understand me sometimes, Kit lives out of town, plus she was always dad's favourite, and Mattie and Henry... Well, they're Mattie and Henry..."

Jade realized he had tears in his eyes and put her arm around him.

"It's gonna be all right," she said, because really there was nothing else to say.

"She's gonna pay!" Sarah screamed, and kicked a chair across the room.

"Calm down, woman!" Felix yelled at her.

"She crossed the line, and she's gonna pay!"

Felix banged his fist in the table.

"I agree!" he said, "She will pay for this, the question is how!"

Sarah smiled and closed the open door behind them.

"I have an idea..." she giggled.

"What? What is it?" Felix said, losing patience.

"Let's just say..." Sarah said, grabbing her bag in the corner, "I have a little something that belongs to Dani Sutherland..."

Pia Correlli was busy with some paperwork when detective Peter Baker entered the office.

"Pia, I need you to look at this," he said, looking pale and serious.

"We have a serious problem with the evidence in the Dani Sutherland case..."

Pia looked into the evidence box.

"We need to arrange a meeting with all Dani's friends and family as soon as possible," she said, already dialling Dani's phone number.

Comment please :)

Archived