Sisters

Guest Eli

Chapter 4

"Last call for passengers on bus 65 from Yabbie Creek to Sydney, all passengers must go to exit 7B"

The message ended with a pling-sound, and Kirsty grabbed her bag.

Kane got up as well and kissed his wife goodbye.

"Call me when you get to the City, babe," he said, and handed her the ticket.

Kirsty nodded, kissed him back and headed for exit 7B.

Kane stood still, looking at the screen, hoping she'd come back to say she wanted him to come with her anyway.

Pretty soon the messages under the topic called "Buses leaving 14.30-14.45" changed their status from "Go to exit..." to "No delay" before they dissappeared from the screen. Bus 65 was the last bus to leave, and Kane was secretly hoping that was because Kirsty had changed her mind the moment they were supposed to leave Yabbie Creek.

Ten minutes later Kirsty hadn't got back to tell Kane what he wanted to hear, and he finally gave up. He went out to the parking lot, got in the car and got started on his way home to Summer Bay.

In the meantime Kirsty was sitting on Bus 65 between Yabbie Creek and Sydney, thinking about Laura and Jade.

Jade was walking through the halls of Summer Bay High. She was on her way to her locker so she wouldn't have to carry all the books on her way to the diner. Only after a week back at SBH the pile of undone homework was huge. Miss Fletcher had finally managed to talk principal Hyde into giving her a new chance, and Jade had taken it. After the lock-in she wouldn't have gone back, but with everything going on in her life at the moment she needed something to take her mind off Kirsty, Laura and Katie.

Everything seemed normal when Jade opened her locker, but something inside wasn't right.

It was an envelope on the top of all her books. It was just a normal envelope with her name scribbled across the front. All of a sudden she understood, Seb was asking her to the dance next week!

She took the envelope out of the locker, and was about to open it when she suddenly changed her mind.

She was meeting him at the diner in five minutes, and maybe she somehow could make this more fun by pretending she thought it was a letter she was afraid of opening because she thought someone was stalking her. The whole idea sounded stupid and crazy. "Exactly what I need at the moment," Jade thought "something crazy to laugh about"

She put the letter in her bag and with a smile she left Summer Bay high to have some fun with her boyfriend.

In Sydney Kirsty's bus had arrived, and she was now trying to find Shelley in the crowded arrival hall.

She was about to give up and find an information stand to call up her mother over the speaker system when she heard someone calling her name.

Kirsty turned around, and saw her mother walking through the crowd. They hugged, and Kirsty was finally sure she had done the right thing by telling Kane she didn't want him to come with her. This was something she needed to do by herself.

Trying to look worried, Jade entered the Diner and sat down next to Seb. Time to start the crazyness.

"Seb, I'm really scared, I think someone is stalking me..." she said in a voice she hoped sounded scared and upset.

Seb swallowed his bite, "Why?" he said.

Jade tried to stay serious, but couldn't help letting out a giggle when she said "Because SOMEONE left a letter for me in my locker...!"

Seb's expression didn't change.

"Well, what does it say?"

Jade gave up. Obviously she was a bad liar, even after all the training she'd got from lying to her family about Kirsty and Kane, and obviously Seb didn't get the point.

"I haven't opened it yet, I know it's from you!"

Seb just stared at her.

"I didn't leave a letter in your locker..." he said. Jade got the point, he was trying to get back at her for trying to fool him.

"Oh no, I forgot. It's the STALKER...!" Jade said in a dramatic voice, but she couldn't help laughing. It felt like it was the first time she had had anything to laugh about in weeks.

"Seriously, I didn't write that letter," Seb replied.

"You didn't?"

"No"

"Then who did?"

"I don't know, why don't you open it? Maybe Kirsty is your 'stalker'?"

Jade felt the blood rush to her face, she felt so stupid meking a fool of herself.

She took the letter from the bag and opened the envelope. Inside there was a small, white sheet with a short note.

You'll pay for the way you treat your sister.

The note wasn't signed by anyone.

Jade was really scared now. How could anyone possibly want to hurt her because they didn't think she treated Kirsty as well as she deserved? Who could possibly love Kirsty so much more than they loved her?

The answer to that was just too freaky and scary to say out loud. It couldn't possibly be...? No it couldn't! Or maybe...

"Who do you think it's from?" Seb said, he sounded really worried now.

Jade's mouth felt so dry she had to try twice before she managed to say:

"Ummm... I don't know who would possibly want to write me a letter like this," she said with shaky voice. But the truth was she was thinking of someone. Someone who loved Kirsty way more than he loved her, someone who, concidering his past could do things like these.

Could it be Kane?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be a update later today (I just woke up) :) In the meantime I'm correcting weird mistakes in the chapters I've already posted. "You'll pay for how the way you treat your sister" till example.... I don't know where that "how" came from lol :P

4 New characters:

Jessica - One of Jade's closest friends.

Felix Walters - Dani's enemy

Kathy DeGroot - Kirsty's bilogical mother

Johnatan DeGroot - Kirsty's biological father

Chapter 5

A cat passed by Jade's bedroom window and she woke up for the 8th time in three hours. Every little sound made her wake up with her heart beating fast, and with one thought in the head: The letter.

What if the person who wrote is really was trying to get her?

But how could Kane have put the letter in her locker? He didn't go to Summer Bay high, so he must have been asking a student to put it there. Who could it be? Tasha or Robbie? Of course! Tasha and Robbie trusted Kane, and wouldn't ask questions if he asked them to do him a favour.

Jade got up, and went into the room on the other side of the hall.

"Robbie? Rob, wake up" she whispered, Rob didn't wake up, he just turned over.

"Rob, wake up!" Jade whispered a little louder, and Robbie woke up.

"Jade? What time is it?" Robbie seemed confused.

"It's the middle of the night, I just have to ask you a question."

Robbie yawned, "You have to do it right now?" he asked.

"Yes, it's important! Did you or Tasha leave a letter in my locker yesterday?"

"No. Goodnight."

"You did not leave any letter in my locker?"

Robbie sat up, it seemed like he was giving up going back to sleep.

"No, I didn't leave a letter."

"And you're sure Tasha didn't?"

Robbie thought for a second, "Well, I can't watch her all the time, but I don't think so, why?"

Jade decided to tell him. "I got a letter from Kane in my locker, but I figured he couldn't have left it there, so I thought he asked you."

"Why would Kane leave a letter in your locker?" Robbie sounded suspicious.

"Well, he didn't sign it, but I know it was from him," Jade said, trying to make it sound like it wasn't a big deal.

Robbie was to tired to dig for details.

"If he didn't want you to know it was from him, he could have given it to anyone."

"But how would he know that they put it in the right locker?"

"Well... Kane could just ask Kirsty, right?"

Jade felt like crying, but forced herself to smile.

"Okay, thanks Rob. Sleep tight."

She left the room with a terrible feeling. Robbie was right, getting someone to leave a letter in her letter wouldn't take Kane more than five minutes.

Kirsty had never been more nervous. In less that 30 minutes she would meet her biological sisters. She had already met her bilogical parents when they visited the Bay a few weeks ago.

Shelley came out from the bathroom.

"Are you ready to go?" she asked.

Kirsty took a deep breath, and handed Shelley the car keys.

"Yeah, let's go."

"Are you even listening to me?"

Jade woke up from another day dream. She had been half sleeping, tired from a sleepless night and thinking about the letter again.

"I'm sorry, Jessica, I'm just really tired." Jessica looked at her, and for a moment Jade was afraid she was gonna start asking questions about the letter again. Jade had told Seb and Jessica about her theory about Kane sending her the letter, and about the conversation she had with him earlier before Kirsty went to the City.

The diner was crowded and noisy, and none of them noticed when Kane entered and ordered a coffee.

He found a table, close enough to make Jade choke on her sanwich.

"Are you okay?" Seb asked.

Jade managed to say "Kane!" between all the coughing, and both Seb and Jessica turned around like they just had heard someone call their names.

Kane saw the whole situation, but Seb didn't care.

"Come on, let's go," he said, and the three of them left the diner, leaving a confused Kane behind.

Shelley and Kirsty's car was stuck in the traffic jam.

Shelley hung up the phone. "Well," she said, "I told Kathy we were stuck in traffic, and she said we could come whenever we wanted."

Kirsty sighed, she was nervous, and all this waiting didn't exactly make it better.

Shelley saw how nervous she was, and tried to start a conversation to take her mind off Laura and the DeGroots.

"So, Dani called last night..." she said. "She told me this Felix guy had been sneaking around outside the Palace."

"Mmmhmm..." Kirsty said, she felt sick. Shelley realized this wasn't the best moment for a serious conversation, and turned on the radio instead.

Five minutes later the car in front of them started moving, and they were on their way to the DeGroots again.

Jade was taking Rhys's shift at the kiosk, but it really wasn't much to do. Mattie and Henry were playing pool, and a few more teens were hanging around. There hadn't been any orders in the last thirty minutes, and Jade was bored. She was on her way to find her Social Studies* book and get started on the homework, when the she could see foam from the soda-machine on the floor. Great! Foam on the floor meant the machine needed refill, and that gave her something to do besides homework.

She cleaned up the floor, and asked Mattie to take over for her while she went to the storage room to get more soda.

She was reaching for the refill, but realized she wasn't tall enough to get it down. There should be a chair her somewhere that she could stand on. All of a sudden she heard someone talking to her from the dark hall between the back room and the storage room.

"Scott threw out the chair last week. It was broken." Out of the hallway came Kane. Jade was terrified.

"Kane, how did you know I was here?" She said in a squeeky voice.

"Mattie told me and let me in," he said, not taking his eyes away from her.

"I needed to see you without your stupid boyfriend around..."

(*I'm sorry if I have some of the subjects wrong, I don't know what they're called in Australia)

Chapter 6

Jade tried not to show how scared she was. A billion thoughts were running through her head. How could Matilda be so stupid, letting Kane in? Would anyone hear her if she screamed? What was he gonna do to her?

"What do you want, Kane" she said, her voice was shaky and squeeky.

"I want to talk to you."

Ha! If he just wanted to talk then why couldn't he do it when Seb was around?

"You can talk to me when I'm with Seb and Jessica," she said.

Kane laughed. "Do you really think I want to talk to you when your boyfriend and your friends are there to try to convince you I'm out to get you?"

"Can you prove that you've truly changed?" she asked, growing more confident for every second. The longer she could keep him talking the shorter it would take for Matilda to get tired of watching the kiosk, and come to look after her.

"What does it take for you to believe me, Jade?" he asked, "I've told you I've changed, and everyone, even Dani and Scott believes me!"

Jade swallowed, the last thing she wanted was to get him angry.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" She said.

"I saw you in the Diner the other day, and I want to know why our last conversation hasn't changed anything? Even though Kirsty's not around at the moment you can at least try not to choke on your food and evacuate the building every time you see me!"

Jade couldn't believe him.

"Well, MAYBE," she said, being the angry one now, "Maybe it has got something to do with the letter you wrote me?"

"Letter?"

"The letter you wrote and got someone to put in my locker, Kane!"

Jade expected him to get angry again and deny everything, but that never happened. Kane's face told everything she needed to know.

"I'm telling you, he didn't write it!"

"How can you know that for sure?!!" Seb said.

"I was there," Jade replied, "he wouldn't have been able to hide it like that if he really wrote it!"

Jessica shook her head, "How much do you really know about what he can do and not do?"

"I know Kane Phillips," Jade said, "he's not that good an actor!"

"He raped your sister!"

"He married my other sister! He loves her!"

"Kirsty is not your sister!"

"YES she is!"

Seb interrupted the arguing.

"But if Kane didn't send it, then who did?"

The group was silent for a moment. No one could think of anyone who would do such a thing.

Kirsty's heart was beating fast. The people she was supposed to live with for the past 17 years was sitting on the couch in front of her. Kathy, Jonathan and Laura, her biological family.

She was surprised how different they were from the people she had been living with for all these years.

She had a feeling Shelley and Kathy was talking about the kidney disease recently discovered in the DeGroot family, but she couldn't focus on the conversation.

All she could think about was if she had still been herself if she had grown up with the DeGroots. Well, of course she wouldn't have been married and pregnant with Kane's baby, but would she still be the same person?

Her daydreaming was suddenly ended when someone entered the living room. It was Jade.

"Kirsty, I would like you to meet Katie" Mrs. DeGroot said.

Kirsty swallowed. Something was wrong, terribly wrong.

Beth sighed as she was setting the table.

"What's wrong?" her husband asked.

"I just talked to Scott," Beth said, "and he told me this Felix was still stalking Dani."

"I really don't like this situation," Rhys said, "Someone needs to..."

Jade didn't hear a word of the rest of the conversation.

Felix.

It was Felix sending the letter. The scaries thing was not that he did it, it was how he did it. It would have been way easier for Kane to get her locker number, but Felix couldn't possibly know it. If he would go as far as finding out her locker number just to leave a note that didn't even make sense when she was just Dani's sister, what else would he be planning to do to get back at Dani...?

Okay, I'm not sure if I'll be able to post for a couple of days, but I'll try.

In the meantime, please leave comments and tell me what you think so far, so I know if I should keep posting new chapters :)

Have to admit, I only started reading this in work today because I assumed, by the title, it was only about Eve or whoever the stalker was. But I'm glad I decided to read after all. It's definitely got me interested and I can't wait to read more. Love all the interaction between Jade and Kirsty and the twist on the twin swap. Great fic! :D

Archived