Destined

Guest Jackieleanne

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 6

“Come on lets get you inside” I hear Ric’s soothing voice say as he leads me back into the house,

“Matilda we need to tell Jack about this straight away this is serious someone has been in the house” Lucas says as he and Belle follow us into the house I nod my head as I sit down on the settee leaning against Ric as he strokes my hair softly “I’ll ring him now and ill ring Beth and dad at the surf club and tell them to come home” Lucas says as I watch him walk over to the phone as I watch Belle sit in the chair looking over the letter,

“I swear Matilda it wasn’t me I promise you” she says softly I look at her and she genuinely does seem like she is telling the truth, seeing this only makes me more frightened and upset because it means that this is not a joke someone really is after me, someone uninvited was in my house in my bedroom,

“Ok” I say sighing softly as I try to hold back more tears from falling as I lean against Ric,

“I don’t want to be alone tonight Ric I can’t sleep in my room I mean what happens if they are still here or they come back for me” I cry into his chest soaking his shirt

“It’s ok I promise I won’t let anything happen to you, and your mum, Lucas and Tony will be here I’m sure they won’t make you sleep in your room alone,

“they are on their way over now” Lucas says as he takes a seat next to Belle.

“Oh sweets are you ok what happened?” mum says rushing into the house Tony right behind her,

“mum someone’s been in my room they left this” I say showing her the letter as she sits down beside me and Ric I move from Ric’s arms to her own hugging her tightly,

“oh sweets” she says rubbing my back softly

“Jack will be here in a minute love it’ll be ok everything will get sorted try not to worry” Tony says putting his arm on my shoulder,

“I don’t want to sleep alone tonight mum” I cry

“It’s ok sweetie you don’t have to we can all sleep out here tonight if it makes you feel better” she says softly,

“can Ric stay as well please mum I really don’t want him to leave tonight” I say looking up at her, she looks at me momentarily contemplating her answer,

“ok then as long as it’s ok with Sally and Alf and that we are all in here and you’re not left alone I don’t see a problem with it” she says softly,

“thanks mum” I say softly

“I’ll ring Sally now let her know what’s going on” Ric says letting go off my hand as he stands up and walks into the kitchen.

“Granddad and Sally say its fine and they hope that everything’s ok” Ric says softly as he sits down beside me I move back against him he wraps his arm around me running his fingers up and down it slowly,

“Hey” I hear Jack say as he walks into the house, “What’s going on?” he asks,

“Well we have all been out tonight and when Matilda came home she went into her room and found a letter on her bed its not signed or anything Jack someone’s been in the house and in Matilda’s bedroom” Tony says to him,

“who’s touched the letter?” he asks us,

“well we all have” mum says to him,

“ok I just need to know that’s all for when we check the letter for fingerprints” he explains,

“Matilda was you on your own when you came in?” he asks me as he moves round to sit down in front of me,

“Yeah well I’d been out with Ric and I came home Ric left me at the door and then went, I saw that no one was in and went to my room I saw the letter resting against my teddy and opened it thinking it would be from mum or something, I read it and I just felt so angry I thought it was some sick joke by Belle but then when I saw her she was with Lucas and Ric and Luc said how she had been with him all night I’m scared Jack” I say as I feel Ric squeeze my hand gently,

“well I think its best if we all go down to the station for now so that we can take a closer look at the letter and we can have a word with you all” Jack says as he puts some gloves on before taking the letter from mum.

Archived