Destined

Guest Jackieleanne

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More suspence and drama... and Jack being totally cop like. *Pouts* I wanna know who it is now! *Sighs* but, I guess I'll have to be patient, just like everyone else.

I loved the moment between Belle and Mattie, that was cute in between all the sweet Mattie/Ric moments... they are so :wub: in this story! Can't wait for more!

Chapter 7

“Right Matilda if you want to come in now” Jack says I stand up from my seat as Ric reluctantly lets go off my hand not wanting to leave me, let me out of his sight,

“Can I go in with her she’s only sixteen” mum says jumping up from her seat and running to my side,

“Yeah sure if Mattie feels more comfortable that way” Jack says I nod my head and let mum take my hand as we make our way into the office.

“Interview commencing at ten forty five pm on the 24th October 2006” Jack says for the tape to pick up,

“Right Matilda what time did you arrive home?” he asks me

“I arrived home at around 9:30” I say softly my hand shaking underneath the table, mum squeezes it softly,

“Can you tell me what happened when you arrived home Matilda” he asks me his voice calm as he looks at me full of concern about what happened I could tell he wanted to get to the bottom of this soon that he was worried about me,

“well erm Ric walked me to the door and we stayed outside for a minute and said goodbye to each other when he left I went inside a shut the door I called for everyone but no one was in so I headed to my bedroom, I saw the letter on my bed resting against my teddy bear that granddad had given to me when I was a baby, an well I sat on the bed and opened the letter thinking it would be from mum explaining where they where but when I started to read it, it became obvious that it wasn’t it wasn’t her handwriting and it wasn’t explaining where they was it was weird someone has been watching me tonight they described how stunning they thought I looked but that things wouldn’t stay perfect forever and to watch my back, they’d followed me and been in my room what am I going to do” I say fighting back the tears as my body trembles,

“shh Matilda its ok calm down” mum says wrapping her arms around me and pulling my body closer to her own.

“When you’re ready Matilda can you tell us what happened next?” Jack asks me I take a few deep breathes trying to compose myself before I talk to them again

“Well it wasn’t signed by anyone just with three kisses and well my first instinct was that it was Belle so I ran out of my room and out of the house I saw her outside across the road stood with Lucas and Ric, I ran across to them and confronted her she denied it and Lucas backed her up saying that she had been with him all night I showed Ric the letter and then Lucas looked at the letter before showing it Belle we went inside and that was when Lucas rang for mum, Tony and you to come over” I say

“Ok so why did you think it could be Belle who did this to you Matilda?” Jack asks me,

“Well we have never really got along and I just thought that with her being Ric’s ex that it would have made things worse than ever and that she would do this type of thing to wind me up, but Lucas swears that he was with her all night” I tell him,

“Ok well we will have to speak to both of them but can you tell us is their anyone else that you could think of in the bay that would do this?” Jack asks me

“No not that I could think off” I say as I try to think over who would be out to get me like this,

“Ok well thank you Matilda that’s all for now, interview terminated at eleven pm” Jack finishes as he shuts off the recorder.

“You ok?” Ric says rushing to my side as I walk out of the room mum holding onto me tightly, I walk into his arms falling against him as he wraps his strong arms around me holding me close to him, providing comfort to me, I felt safe in his arms I knew that he would protect me, that as long as I was in his arms that nothing bad would happen to me, the tears start to flow freely from my eyes as I lean against him I can’t believe this is happening to me haven’t I been through enough this year, first my granddad, then the explosion, my burns, the helicopter crash thinking my brother and sister were dead only for them to return, my Bulimia and Robbie’s trial wasn’t that enough to have to go through, “Shh Mattie come on its going to be ok I promise” Ric whispers softly in my ear as he leads me over to a chair,

“Belle can you come in now please” Jack says

“Yeah” she replies getting up and following Jack into the room,

“I should ring Irene let her know where she is in case she’s worrying” Tony says.

Belle’s P.O.V

“Interview commencing at five past eleven on the 24th October 2006” I listen to Jack say as he turns the recorder on I don’t know what Matilda has said but it did seem like she believed me earlier, I don’t know if she has said that she still thinks it is me or if it is just procedure, “Right Belle can you tell us where you where this evening?” he asks me,

“I was at the Diner and then I went into Yabbie Creek with Lucas” I reply honestly,

“Was you at anytime in the Hunter residence?” he asks me looking closely at me.

Next: Belle's questioning continues

Lucas is questioned

and what causes Matilda to scream.

I hate teasers, with a passion. That was great, poor Mattie, she's so worried, but then again, who wouldn't be? Seriously, the girl has got herself a psycho of her own. I love Tony, hes always thinking about someone else worrying. I doubt any parent or carer would know about where there teenager was if it wasn't for him. I can't wait for more.. I really wanna know what causes Matilda to scream!

Chapter 8

Ric’s P.O.V

I hated seeing her like this, she was broken terrified about what had happened, I held her in my arms as she sat across my knee her face buried in my chest my arms wrapped around her wanting to provide her with as much comfort as possible I didn’t want to let her go I couldn’t bear to lose her she is not just my girlfriend she is my best friend,

“Ric” I hear her murmur softly,

“Yeah babe” I ask her lifting her face up gently so that I can look into her eyes that are red and swollen from crying,

“Thanks for being here with me” she says,

“You don’t got to worry about that I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else” I say pulling her closer to me.

“Lucas do you want to come with me I’ll be just asking you a few questions as your brother isn’t allowed to question you” McGrath says as he opens the door to his room, I watch as Lucas stands up slowly followed by Tony they enter the room the door shutting behind them, it had been a long night our perfect date had been spoiled when Matilda returned home to find the letter I swear if I find out who’s behind this well I don’t know what I’d do.

Lucas P.O.V

“Right Lucas can you explain to us where you where this evening” McGrath asks me as I sit next to dad in his large office,

“Well I went out just after we had finished dinner, I went to meet Belle at the Diner and we went into Yabbie Creek to watch a film, when we got back we was outside my house when we stopped to talk to Ric that was when Matilda came running out she started yelling at Belle she was in hysterics, she broke down when I said that It couldn’t of been Belle” I explain

“So you was with Belle all night?” he asks,

“Yeah I went to the Dinner picked her up and then we went to Yabbie Creek” I say getting slightly agitated I know Belle didn’t do it she wouldn’t stoop so low and she couldn’t of done it because she was with me,

“Did Belle at any point come into your house?” he questions me,

“No she didn’t we was heading back their when we saw Ric before Matilda came running out” I say

“Ok that’s all for now, Interview terminated at eleven thirty pm” McGrath finishes shutting off the recorder as me and dad stand up to leave the room.

“Lucas I don’t think she did it I swear, I don’t think you did it either I believe you both” Matilda sobs from where she was sat with Ric, I hated seeing her like this I know this wasn’t her fault and I know she hadn’t got the police to question Belle and I,

“Mattie its ok I believe you” I say as I sit down beside her and Ric as we wait for Belle to come out of the room,

Belle’s P.O.V

“So you wasn’t at the Hunter residence at anytime during the evening” Jack questions me once more,

“I wasn’t their at all Lucas picked me up from the Diner and we went to Yabbie Creek when we got back we was about to go in his when we stopped to talk to Ric that was when Matilda came outside in hysterics” I say to them,

“Ok thank you Miss Taylor you can go now” he says “interview terminated at eleven forty pm” he finishes as I leave the room,

“Oh Belle are you ok?” Irene says embracing me as I leave the room,

“yeah im fine” I say looking across to Lucas, Ric and Matilda she was in hysterics,

“Matilda I swear it wasn’t me” I say as I walk over to her,

“It’s ok Belle I know It wasn’t you” she says softly looking up at me,

“Can we go now” Beth says

“Yeah that’s it for the night now” McGrath says sitting down at the front desk.

Matilda’s P.O.V

“I’ll go get my pyjamas and change into them” I say to Ric as he and Lucas set up the sleeping bags and quilts out on the living room floor for the night where myself, Lucas, Ric, mum and Tony where spending the night,

“Ok” he says blowing me a kiss as I walk towards my bedroom, come on Matilda you’re only going in there for a second it will be fine.

Ric’s P.O.V

“Ok” I say blowing her a kiss as she heads off to her room to get her pyjamas, seconds later her screams break through the house, “Mattie” I scream jumping to my feet oh god please let her be ok.

Archived