Destined

Guest Jackieleanne

Occasional mild sexual content reference. Rating (T)

Title: Destined

Author: Jackie(jackieleanne)

Catogory: Long fic

Genre: Romance, Drama, Angst.

Main Characters: Matilda and Ric

Rating: T(SC)(V)

Summary: Matilda and Ric face the future together.

Based around recent events spoilerish.

Chapter 1

Matilda’s P.O.V

“Mattie wait” I hear him shout out to me but I carry on running unable to stop I don’t know what I’m doing I mean I had been waiting for him to say those things to me for so long, and now when he has said it I find myself running away. Why am I running I want it too but there is so much in this I mean what happens if we take this risk and something goes wrong it could totally ruin our friendship and I don’t want that to happen. I slam the door behind me as I enter the house leaning back against it and running my fingers through my hair,

“You ok?” I hear Lucas ask startling me from my thoughts,

“Oh yeah mm I’m fine just tired it’s been a long few days you know I should probably go to bed” I stutter

“Yeah I’m sorry if I haven’t been about for you much, it’s good that Ric has been about for you though” he says smiling to me,

“mm yeah anyways tell mum and Tony I say good night” I say running off into the hallway.

I throw myself down on the bed letting the tears slow from my eyes I really don’t know what to do I love Ric I really do I always have done, ever since he first came into my life he has always been a shoulder for me to cry on, always been my friend and well I can’t help but think something would have happened when he first arrived if it wasn’t for Cassie getting in the way, and now its happened now that he declared his feelings for me I just ran away probably ripped his heart out along the way he’s probably sat at home kicking himself thinking that he’s spoilt our friendship. Beep beep the sound of my phone breaks my thoughts I know its him its got to be he’s probably worrying himself sick picking up my phone I see that it is him his name emblazoned across my screen pressing select I open the message:

Mattie I’m so sorry if I made you upset if I confused you or if you don’t feel the same way about me, but I had to tell you because its how I feel and I needed to get it off my chest I don’t regret a word of what I said to you but if you don’t feel the same way then I hope it doesn’t lose our friendship because I really don’t want to lose you. Ric x x x

I hold the phone close against me shutting my eyes momentarily as I sighed softly to myself I know what I need to do now.

Ric’s P.O.V

I put the phone down sighing as I run my fingers through my hair I really hope I haven’t ruined it because I really do like her, she means a lot to me and I can’t tell you how much I want to be with her as more than her best friend, how I want to be her boyfriend, her lover, her rock.

“Something wrong” I hear granddad ask me as he walks into the kitchen,

“Oh no granddad nothing everything’s fine” I say standing up,

“You sure you don’t look it?” he says as he rummages through the fridge for the milk “it’s not about young Matilda by chance is it” he adds was it that obvious

“how did you know” I say sitting back down at the dinning room table,

“well I am your granddad and it’s been obvious to everyone the way you two have been inseparable lately and how you have been there for her, she’s a good kid you shouldn’t miss out on the chance to be with her Ric I’m sure everything will work out just fine” he says as he pours the milk into his coffee,

“Hey I hope I’m not interrupting anything” I hear her soft voice say and look up to see her standing in the hallway.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ooooh i really like this. i am a huge lucas/maddie fan but i am really liking the idea of a ric/maddie relationship. i think they make a really sweet couple and think they are both mature now so there relatonship should stay really strong. plus rhys and indi are together in real life so that helps! brilliant start keep it up.

Archived