Destined

Guest Jackieleanne

I'm lovin' this *so" much, Jackie! I am possibly the world's biggest R/M 'shipper (in an entirely non-J/M way, of course :P), so I'm in heaven! :D

Poor Matilda, and I have a feeling that the attacks are only gonna get more vicious...as to whodunnit...well, I reckon it's either a jealous ex of Ric's or someone who is so obsessed with Matilda and so incensed that she is with someone else that they have taken the attitude that "If I can't have her, then nobody else can" Please keep writing, I'm hooked! :D

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 10

Ric’s P.O.V

I woke up to Matilda tossing and turning in my arms, tears where running down her face as she whimpered, I hated seeing her like this, so scared and upset that it invaded her sleep that she couldn’t escape what was happening.

“Mattie wake up its only a dream” I say soothingly as I shake her gently hoping to wake her from her nightmare, “Mattie wake up” I repeat again hoping that she will wake soon I hate seeing her like this, her eyes open tears continuing to stream down her face, she throws her arms around me,

“Ric it was awful” she sobs against me,

“Shhh babe it was only a dream it’s ok I’m here you’re safe now nothing is going to happen” I say softly “Come on lets try and get back to sleep we don’t want to wake everyone else up do we, try and think of positive things and dream about whatever makes you happy ok” I whisper softly to her she lifts her head looking up at me, I wipe the tears from her eyes,

“I love you Ric” she whispers,

“I love you too Mattie” I say softly as I lye back down with her in my arms stroking her hair softly I watch and wait until she falls asleep before I let sleep overcome me once more.

“So you don’t think we should tell her that there was another letter?” I hear Beth ask Tony and Jack quietly when I wake up a few hours later as they sit around the breakfast table drinking coffea, another letter was the last thing Matilda needed, I stand up and make my way over to the table,

“There was another letter?” I ask them sitting down beside them at the table

“Yeah it was on her dresser” Jack says quietly,

“What did it say?” I ask them concerned about what was going on, concerned about my girlfriend’s safety,

“Here don’t touch it though we want to try and trace the DNA” Jack says placing it down on the table in front of me, I look over it scanning each word carefully:

Mattie

You got away from me this time and decided to go running to that boyfriend of yours didn’t you and then to the cops well just thought id let you know that next time you might not be so lucky, it’s a shame you hadn’t come into the bedroom alone you never know what could have happened.

X X X

Reading it I feel sick to my stomach I can’t believe this is happening to her, no one talks about my Matilda like that, no body I really don’t know what I would do if I saw whoever was doing this to her clenching my fists hard against the table I look up at the four of them,

“I don’t think we should tell her she’s in a bad enough state as it is if she reads that it is only going to make her worse” I say quietly not wanting to wake anyone else up especially not Matilda,

“I agree with Ric she doesn’t need to see that kind of stuff it would break her apart” Beth says softly as tears run down her cheek,

“Then we won’t Jack will take the letter into work and we will not let her see it” Tony says wrapping his arm around Beth, I watch as Jack takes the letter placing it in his bag

“Right I’m off to work I’ll see you guys later stay here for now ill ring and let you know when you can go back home” he says to Tony and Beth,

“What’s going on” I hear a sleepy Matilda say, I turn around to see her walking towards us,

“nothing sweets just Tony was saying he’s going to get started on breakfast and that we should wake you and Luc up” Beth says, “do you want a coffea?” she asks her,

“yeah thanks mum” Mattie says sitting down beside her,

“did you sleep well after the nightmare?” I ask her wrapping my arm around her,

“yeah I slept a lot better” she says leaning against me.

Oh, the drama and suspence continues. And things just seem to be going downhill for Mattie, despite the utterly adorable moment between she and Ric. :wub: How I wish I had a Ric of my own to protect me from my nightmares! I can't wait for more, espeically as I know each chapter we're edging that little bit closer to who is stalking Matilda!

Archived