Destined

Guest Jackieleanne

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 2

Mattie’s P.O.V

“Hey I hope I’m not interrupting anything” I say softly as I stand at the doorway looking on as Ric talks to his granddad,

“No love not at all” Mr Stewart replies

“Ric I need to speak to you” I say softly as I walk into the house,

“Yeah come outside for a moment” he says leading the way out onto the patio, I take a seat in the chair across from him nervous about what I am about to say but knowing that it needs to be done,

“I’m sorry if I upset you Matilda but I just needed to get it off my chest” he says I can tell that he has been cut up about how I had left him earlier on,

“Ric please it’s ok I’m sorry about how I reacted I really do feel the same way about you, you was right when you said you thought I felt the same because I do and well I’m not scared to give it a go anymore Ric” I say smiling at him,

“really?” he says smiling at me softly,

“really Ric I mean I want to take things slowly I’ve been hurt so much in the past and its been a tough year but I do want to be with you Ric” I say placing my hand over his own,

“don’t worry Mattie we can take things as slow as you want and I promise Matilda I won’t hurt you I feel too strongly about you to ever hurt you” he says as he moves his entwined fingers against my own.

“Matilda its getting late what time is your mum expecting you home” Sally says stepping out onto the patio where I sat cuddled up to Ric on the bench,

“Oh god I totally lost track of time I should probably get going” I say jumping up

“I’ll walk you home” Ric says taking my hand

“I’ll see you at school tomorrow Matilda” Sally says

“Yeah see you tomorrow Mrs Fletcher” I say slightly nervous about how she would feel about me dating Ric,

“Matilda I’ve told you many a times that you can call me Sally outside of school” she says laughing softly,

“Yeah sorry Sally, see you” I say as I walk out the door hand in hand with Ric, I couldn’t help but smile just the smallest of things like this with Ric was enough to make me happy.

“So are you going to meet me in the Diner for lunch tomorrow” Ric says smiling at me as we stand outside the front door to my house,

“Yeah that sounds good to me” I reply not wanting to let go off his hand not wanting to leave him even though I know ill see him again tomorrow I just wanted to spend every moment lost in his trance,

“well I guess I should go now but I’ll see you tomorrow” Ric says softly,

“yeah oh and Ric” I say smiling,

“yeah?” he asks me

“goodnight” I say leaning forwards and kissing him on the cheek softly,

“good night Mattie” he replies a huge smile plastered on his face, he reluctantly lets go off my hand and walks down the drive, I open the door shutting it behind me I sigh to myself as I lean back against it completely lost in my own world,

“So are you going to tell us what’s going on?” my mum says startling me from my thoughts I look up to see her, Lucas and Tony looking at me.

Archived