Life Is Hard No Matter What Your Age

Guest tasha7905

Sorry its been so long guys, but hopefully now I will be able to update regularly again. Anyway hope you enjoy this chapter.

Chapter 19 - Knowledge

Lucas's P O V

"Hi" I say as someone I dont know opens Matilda's front door.

"hey" she says smiling "you must be Lucas. Im Tash I met your brother the other day come on in. Mattie is nearly ready."

"Thanks. Are you the girl who introduced Jack to Martha" I ask blatantly.

"yea, I thought they would be really suited, but apparently not" she says honestly

"Well I think Jack thinks they are too. In fact he is going to find her today to try and persuade her to give them a chance" I say unsure if Jack would actually appreciate me saying any of this.

"Oh good I really hope it works, just warn him that Mac can be stubborn" she says "Anyway I have to dash. Im sure Matilda will be out soon enough. Nice to meet you Lucas."

"Bye" I say sitting down. I dont envy Jack in sound like the girl he has chosen could be a bit of a handful. 5 minutes later Matilda finally appears. "hi" I say goofily "What would you like to do today we should make the most of it seeing as school starts tomorrow." Im really nervous about starting a new school but I havent told her.

"I think we should introduce you to some more people" She says. "I cant keep you to myself forever no matter how much I want to."

Her last comment makes me smile, its so nice knowing someone wants to spend all their time with you. I grab her hand and our fingers entwine together as we walk down the road being with her seems to make everything better, even school doesnt seem so scary. in fact it could be good I want everyone to know that im with her and proud to be her boyfriend.

Jack's P O V

Ive looked everywhere and I havent found her. I swear for a small town this place must have some seriously good hiding places, I guess as a cop I should start checking them out but first I need a caffiene fix.

Entering the diner I glance around in case Martha has turned up since the last time I checked here, but she hasnt.

"Coffee please" I say to the brunette behind the counter "and whatevever these guys want" I point to Lucas and Matilda who are just enetering the diner. My brother really does look happy and I cant help but feel a little bit jealous.

"Just an OJ please Leah" Matilda says "By the way have you met Lucas and Jack?"

"No" Leah says smiling "but I have met your dad. Welcome to the bay guys, im sure you will love it. We all do."

"thanks" I say grabbing my drink and sitting down.

"So no luck then" Lucas says sympathetically "she didnt go for the holden charm"

"I havent even found her yet mate" I say waving at Tash's boyfriend Robbie as he walks in.

"Who havent you found?" Matilda says puzzled "and when did you meet my brother?"

Lucas's P O V

"Brother?" I say panicking.

"Yea Robbie there at the counter is one of my brothers" she says simply, then she notices the look on my face "Lucas dont be scared he's a dork, now anyway who is Jack looking for?"

"Martha Mckenzie" Jack says "Do you know her?"

"Guys, Guys." Matilda's brother says joining us. "This is Summer Bay we all know everyone and everything about them, for instance. Jack the young lady you are looking for is in Yabbie Creek but will be here in an hour." Robbie pauses for breath and then turns towards me "Lucas I presume, see I know about you, I know that my little sister stayed the night with you."

I can feel myself going red, I try to think of something to say but my mind has gone blank, my god this is embarrasing.

"Not to worry young Holden" Robbie says smiling "Im not the protective sort, thats left to Scott and Henry and luckily for you they dont live here. Oh and by the way Hi and nice to meet you" he says shaking my hand.

I laugh, Im so glad that Robbie has made this moment relaxing, I always thought that meeting your girlfriends family was supposed to be tense. Apparently not in Summer Bay.

Jack' P O V

"So Rob, how well do you know Martha? Could you help me figure out what to say to her?" I say to him after Lucas and Matilda have gone.

"Well Mac is stubborn more of tomboy so you will have to work hard if you want to get close to her." He says seriously

"Well I have kissed her so that has to count for something"

"Yes but you also went home with Amanda Vale and that makes things a whole lot worse" he says and my mouth falls open.

"I didnt expect anyone to know that" I say quietly

"You really need a few lessons about small towns Jack" he says shaking his head.

Lucas's P O V

"So you move in and manage to bag a girlfriend straight away, not bad going man" Drew says to me as we sit on the beach watching Mattie and her friend Cassie in the water.

"Yea I guess Im pretty lucky" I say watching as Matildas falls into the water "What about you do you have a girlfriend?"

"No. I used to date Belle Taylor but lets just say that didnt work out" he says

"thats because you couldnt keep your hands off her mum Curtis" A voice says I look up and see Ric "hi again Lucas" he says sitting down next to us.

"What was that about Belle's Mum" I say stunned

"Long Story" Drew says "and anyway Ric your not exactly innocent, you have dated Cassie and Belle, and kissed Mattie if I remember rightly"

"A long time ago" Ric says looking at me.

The girls come back at this moment which gives me time to think, Matilda has never mentioned that there was something between her and Ric, maybe it just wasnt worth it or maybe I should be Jealous. How am I supposed to know what to think. God relationships are strange. I think im seriously out of my depth im no where near the rest of the teenagers in the bay. They are all so cofindent and experienced compared to me. Maybe Matilda would be better off with someone like Ric.

Jack's P O V

Robbie's gone and if he is right Martha should be here any minute, apparently she doesnt know about Amanda so as long as it stays that way I might stand a chance. I glance down at the menu trying to think of what to say, when a shadow looms over my table. I look up to see her standing there.

"Hey Jack" she says with a smile.

That smile gets me, I cant think of anything to say. man I think i have got it bad.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great chapter Tasha! :)

Lucas is just so sweet! Especially when he got all nervous about meeting Robbie at the diner. Awww. And when he wasn't sure whether to be jealous of Mattie and Ric. Just pure sweetness!

Robbie made me laugh, he is kinda dorky, but in that nice way that you can't help but love.

Can't wait to see more!

Aww that was a great chapter! Im so glad your continuing with this fic because its great! I loved the scene between Lucas and Robbie! You write the characters really well! Cant wait to see what happens next with everyone and if Jack and Martha get together! Update soon! :)

Archived