Life Is Hard No Matter What Your Age

Guest tasha7905

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been reading bits of this fic for ages and I have now finally read all of it!! Phew...that was a LOT of stuff to read :P.

It has been an incredible read Tasha...brilliantly written. The way you write the characters emotions and how they are feeling, their reactions to whats going on around them etc....I felt like I was on a journey with them :P.

I really enjoyed the build up to Tony and Beth getting together, it was very sweet :wub:.

I was just wondering, are you going to continue with it?? I'd love to read more if you are, but if your not then a HUGE well done to you for being such a fabulous writer!! :D

Coco xxx

• 4 years later...

hi, i havent been on here for ages :o , work,life etc got in the way. I had forgotten i wrote this fic and just re-read it all, im going to try and carry it on (and hope i can still write the characters and do it all justice and possibly add some present charcters) I just wondered if anyone was still interested in holden fics, this one in particular? :blink:

Ok so after a really long time here is a new chapter, please tell me what you think. Im definately going to continue this time and will finish. So expect regular updates.

Chapter 21 - Confusion

Jacks P.O.V

What did i do that for, sure im cocky usually, but i dont know this girl and i could have just ruined what could potentially be the best thing that will ever happen to me, she could be my future wife, the mother of my children, my soulmate........................... Oh Dear what am i thinking. i really need to get a grip. Im letting myself get carried away again.

Mentally i start slapping myself, come on im cocksure, confidant and a ladies man, the original player. This stuff is easy for me, i get who i want, i dont do long term. I can get this girl.

Easier said than done the insecure part of me is saying, this one, this girl is your challenge. Im losing my heart to her already and i barely know her and if my past has taught me anything its that you guard you heart you dont lose it under any circumstance or to any girl. No im not ready i was wrong. Yea this is what i will do, i will go back to what i know, if she comes to Stewarts point, i will play it cool, use the Holden charm but keep her at arms length dont let her in, dont get to close. Im going to play this my way,not by her games and stubbornness.

Martha Mackenzie you have met your match.........I Hope.

Tony's P.O.V

"Beth say something, Im sorry, I shouldnt have blurted it out like that. Its too soon just forget it, but please know the sentiment is real, its true."

"Thanks Tony, im just not ready for words yet, Actions im good at but words, emotions that takes time" She says not looking at me.

The atmosphere is tense and i dont know how to change it, im not sure what i really did, sure its fast, i mean ive only lived here a week, but for me it feels like a lifetime, it feels like she is the reason im here.

"Should i go" I say braking the silence that surrounds us.

"maybe thats for the best" shes says but this time she looks at me, as our eyes meet i swear, im sure i can see love there. I mean i know ive been out of the dating game for a long time and maybe im reading to much into it but as i kiss her goodbye at the door as she utters those horrible words "I'll call you" I know she loves me.

Now the question is what did she close down for, have i ruined it already or is there something else, something in her past maybe thats stopping her admitting her feelings for me.

Opening my front door i fall onto my sofa in my dark lounge and replay it all in my head, our days together. There is something i just know it, Beth Hunter just what are you hiding?

Lucas's P.O.V

"Oh hey Mattie, what are you doing here, i thought you were staying at home"

"oh yea i bet she wouldve loved that, good job i turned up i think" she says glaring intensly at Belle.

I have no idea what to say to diffuse this situation.Im not even sure i want to. I quite like the jealousy i see in Matilda's eyes, it shows me the depth of her feelings and if her anger isnt aimed at me then i shouldnt worry or should I? Does it mean she doenst trust me, doesnt believe the strength of my feelings. Oh god im so bad at this!

"Look Matilda" I hear Belle shout and it brings me out of my own thoughts " Lucas and I were just talking , its called being polite. We are going to be in school together tomorrow and the rest of the year, if he wants to talk to me he can, you cannot stop him."

"we'll see about that" Matilda says grabbing my hand and pulling me up.I quickly process whats been said.

"Im sorry Matilda but Belles kind of right" I say softly and Belle gives Mattie a smug grin. "i will talk to who iwant that is up to me.

"Yea" Belle chips in

"But" I say before she can say anything else "That doesnt mean that I find Belle attractive or that i want to do anything with her and i certainly dont want to betray you, i love you remember, I would never look at Belle like that, Ever!"

"Gee thanks Lucas" Belle says storming past me and leaving the diner. Im a bit stunned i dont understand what shes annoyed about.

I turn to my girlfriend expecting that loving look im getting so used to, but instead there is a scowl.

"I cannot believe you stood up for her and want to be friends with that skank" she says dropping my hand and storming out of the same door Belle used not a minute before.

Slumping back into my chair, i try to figure out what has just happened. What did i do wrong? Am I supposed to do what Matilda wants all the time, do i have to like the same people, do the same things? Is that what Love is, is not just feelings and emotions.

"girls" I mutter to myself " I have no idea".

I have been sitting here for an hour trying to figure out if i should say sorry to one or both of them but i really dont think i should, well at least not to day. Yes thats it I will face it all tomorrow thats good a plan. Sleep on it and Mattie will be calm by then and i will tell her i love her and she will kiss me and it will al lbe perfect, because if theres something i have noticed from my first week here is that the things that happen to people in Summer bay seem to be perfect just look at the change in me, in my dad.

Yea Perfect that the best word to describes Summer Bay and nothing will go wrong for us here. Im sure...............

Archived