Guest tasha7905

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At long last...

Chapter 20 - Risks

Jack's P O V

I feel my legs shake as she sits down at my table. "Coffee when your ready please Leah." She says smiling again. I know I have to say something but I cant find the words. "So are you getting to know the bay Jack?" She asks looking at me with those beautiful eyes.

"um, yea. I think so, my job is going well and this place is really beautiful and everyone i have met has been really nice." I mumble. I seem to be losing the ability to have a conversation.

"Anyone in particular" she says and I cant figure out if she is genuinely asking or if she means Amanda. Taking a deep breath I regain my usual cocky confidence.

"Well I thought I had met someone nice, but then she treated me differently and now im not sure what she thinks" i stand up and grin at the slightly stunned look on her face. "but if she would like to meet me, I will be at stewarts point tonight" I walk out grinning to myself. If she is as stubborn as Robbie says this may have been a really bad move, but I have to take the risk and hope the Holden charm works.

Lucas's P O V

Walking to the diner I smile to myself I cant believe we have only lived here for a week it seems like so much longer, maybe thats because this place was always supposed to be our home. My phone beeps interuppting my thoughts and I grin even more as Maddies name appears. I read her text 'hurry back I miss you already' I quicken my pace wanting to get back to her as oon as I can. I enter the diner and order the cake Matilda wanted.

"It will be a minute" Leah says.

I sit down and glance around I cant see Jack or Martha I wonder if thats a good sign.

"Hi Lucas" A voice says I turn and see Belle grinning at me. "Can I join you?"

"Um" I stutter Matilda's words of warning are echoing in my head. "yea Sure"

"From your tone I guess Matilda has told you to stay away from me" she says blatantly.

I smile sheepishly.

"Its okay Lucas, I understand but please jsut hear me out." she says and the sincerity in her voice is obvious.

"Alright" I say "I have a few minutes" Im sure Matilda will understand that I have to make my own opinions of people.

"Thanks Lucas" She syas and she starts to talk about her life and the things she has done that she is not proud of. I listen to her intently and I have to admit I start to feel sorry for her. I open my mouth to say something when another voice speaks.

"Whats going on Lucas?" Matilda says.

Tony's P O V

Beth and I sit watching T.V. and it feels nice just to be doing something normal with a woman. I grin at her stupdily.

"Tony can I ask you something" she says.

"Sure" I reply nervously.

"Do you think we are moving to fast?"

I think for a second "No" I say honestly "Maybe things have progressed quickly but I think thats a good thing because Im in love with you Beth Hunter." I hadnt intended on saying that so soon but it feels right. I look at her for a reaction but all there is, is silence.......

Great chapter. :)

I really like that it's at the getting to know stage! Glad you finally decided to update! :P

Hopefully, Martha has met Jack there. :)

Lucas will be in trouble now :P.

If Beth is asking, that means she thinks they are.

Update soon. :)

Archived