Life Is Hard No Matter What Your Age

Guest tasha7905

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry its taken so long but at last here is another update, its just a filler really. Martha doesnt find out in this chapter but someone else does in the next one which will hopefully be up later on this evening.

Chapter 18 - Brothers

Jack's P O V

Sitting in the lounge I think about what Dad said a few hours earlier. Maybe I should try and see Martha again, there was definately something between us. I know I didnt imagine that, no matter what she says, I felt a connection and that has to be worth fighting for. Doesnt it?

"You ok Jack?" Lucas asks coming back into the room, he sits down next to me.

"Yea Luc, im good like usual." I say looking at my baby brother.

"Go after her Jack, you will always wonder what could have happened if you dont." he says seriously.

I smile at him "When did you get so grown up Lucas." I ask him and I mean it he seems to have changed so much recently.

"Im still me Jack. I've just got my own life now, more than I did before. I guess thats made me more independant, but dont change the subject. Talk to me about how you feel about Martha?"

"I dont know how I feel in all honesty Lucas." I say handing him another beer now Dad has gone to bed "but I though there might have been more between us. I thought there was a spark between us, no actually scrap that there was definately something, but I guess she doesnt agree." "I say sadly. Lucas smiles at me knowingly but doesnt say anything. "What Luc, say whatever it is you want to."

"Ok Jack. I think your being an idiot, you have got to stop denying your feelings for this girl. You could have something great, if you just talk to her, ask her what she thinks. Make her admit what she feels for you even if she doesnt feel the same way at least you will know." Lucas says.

"Your right, Im going to find her first thing tomorrow. But hang on, what am I supposed to say. Hey I hardly know you but I think I might love you." Lucas bursts out laughing "What?" I say staring at him.

"Thats pretty much what I did, but I guess she had already agreed to be my girlfriend first so I was slightly ahead of you" he says still laughing.

"Oh so its a competition now is it" I say jokingly "Well I have had two women show an interest in me"

"So have I, thats what Mattie wasnt happy about, remember Amanda's daughter" Luc says cockily.

"Ok well I guess the Holden charm is in all of us " I say "Seriously though, thanks for the advice Luc I think I needed a kick in the butt on this one."

"Well as your little brother I can safely say I will always be on hand to kick you." he says and we both laugh and it feels really good.

Tony's P O V

Listening to them both brings a tear to my eye. They really are great sons and I know they will always look out for one another. I hear them laughing and it makes me so happy I hope they will always be able to laugh like that with each other. I quietly walk into the hallway and watch as Jack pulls Lucas into a hug, its a touching moment. I go back to my room a man that is in love for the second time in his life, and a man that is the proudest Dad in the world. I hope this happiness lasts forever.

Aw that was gorgeous Tash, really lovely touching moment between Jack and Lucas and with Tony listening in all proud. lovely, I loved their little playful rivalry too. I can't help feeling that Amanda is going to resurface very soon though... :P

Archived