Life Is Hard No Matter What Your Age

Guest tasha7905

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments guys.

Chapter 17 - Male Bonding

Tony's P O V

I avoid their grins by walking into the kitchen. "I think a fry up is in order. Dont you?" I ask my sons and they both nod.

"Dont change the subject" Lucas shouts and I cant help but laugh.

"Ok how about this guys. I will cook breakfast and after we can have a male bonding day and I will talk to you guys about Beth" I say smiling.

"Sounds good" Jack says "but Dad just a warning, we definately dont need details."

My sons really are great, today should be fun, I feel like I dont know what is happening in their lives anymore it will be nice to find out.

Lucas's P O V

I go to my room while dad is cooking. I have to text Mattie to let her know that I cant see her today. I wish I could though as much as I love our Holden bonding days, at the moment nothing can compare to the spending time with Matilda.

"Hey bro" Jack says entering my room "it was innocent last night wasnt it mate, I mean nothing happened before I got home right?"

"Nothing physical no" I say smiling as I remember the night.

"whats going on Luc" he says eyeing me suspiciously

"nothing Jack, Everything is great. Matilda and I had a fantastic night."

"Ok but you do realise you will be telling us everything soon anyway, you know dad likes to know everything." Jack says and I know he's right and I will tell Dad and face the teasing from him and Jack.

"So Jack" I say suddenly remembering something "are you going to tell Dad about Belle's mum?"

Jack's P O V

"So who is going to start". We have avoided the subject of our love lives for the past 4 hours. "Maybe these will help" I continue walking to the fridge and grabbing 3 beers I hand one to dad and one to Lucas, dad gives me a disapproving look. "Come off it he is nearly 17 and we are both here what harm can it do" I say winking at Lucas

"ok, ok but for that you can tell us about the brunette you went out with the other night" dad says to me and I feel sad at the thought of her.

"Nothing to tell, we went out had some drinks, kissed and I thought we had made a connection but the next day she blew me off." I say bluntly.

"Wow Jack, you really like her dont you" lucas says out of nowhere.

"What, no, well maybe but what does it matter if she doesnt want me" I say grabbing more beer.

"So if you like her why did you chat up Belle's mum?" Lucas asks naively.

Tony's P O V

I listen as Jack explains about this Amanda woman. I can hardly believe this is my son talking about sex as if it is meaningless. He never used to be like this.

"But Jack" I say interrupting him, surely it is better to go after the girl you really want instead of having one night stand with random women."

"I guess" he says sadly and I dont push it any further, he will say more when he wants to.

"Well anyway, neither of you have a problem with me staying at Beth's last night do you?" I say grabbing another beer to steady my nerves I have never had to discuss my love life with these two before.

"No I dont" jack says "Im happy for you Dad"

"Thanks son. What about you Lucas?" I say looking at my youngest son.

"I guess not" he says quietly "but isnt it a bit soon?"

Lucas's P O V

I dont know why I said that to Dad, I am a little worried I guess that his relationship with Beth is moving to quickly, but then it isnt really my business.

"Maybe it is mate" dad says "but Beth is the only woman I have had in my life since your mum and I really like her it isnt just a fling"

I smile at Dad knowing that he is happy and I would never ever stand in the way of his happiness.

"So Lucas, you havent mentioned Matilda" Jack says changing the subject. I know I have a stupid grin on my face now because he mentioned her name.

"I told her I loved her" I blurt out as Dad and Jack sit there open mouthed.

Jack's P O V

"Wow thats a big statement for someone your age" dad says looking at Luc.

"But I meant it" Lucas says confidentally and you can tell by his face that he really does. "And for that matter so did she" he continues.

"So she told you she loved you" I say smiling at him as he nods happily. "Dad your going to have to give him the talk and take him to the chemist to buy protection it wont be long before he is at it" I say teasingly as Lucas goes red.

I laugh along with dad, but really im wondering when it will be my turn to have the happiness that Dad and Lucas have found.

Archived