Guest Foxy

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand about the flashing avatar rule but I've been wondering how the hell can you even watch H&A if you are epileptic like theres flashes on H&A every now and then.

and to be honest if your epileptic then you really don't have any business on a computer because it can be quite flashy sometimes.

I was just wondering !! :)

The no flashing images rule was brought in a while ago due to specific problem that was encountered by one our members who was epileptic. We want this board to be as inclusive as possible so we cannot say that just because one type of image doesn't effect one person that it will be the same for everyone. This board is essentially for discussion and we want everyone to have the opportunity to do so. You can still post flashing/moving images with a link and a warning, we won't take that away from you, but you are not allowed to use them as avatars.

I can understand about the flashing avatar rule but I've been wondering how the hell can you even watch H&A if you are epileptic like theres flashes on H&A every now and then.

and to be honest if your epileptic then you really don't have any business on a computer because it can be quite flashy sometimes.

I was just wondering !! :)

Just adding to what others have said, we are aware of the fact that not all animated images can trigger epileptic seizures, but it's kind of hard for us to draw a line exactly at how many frames there is in an animation etc., when we just see it as an image without the extra information. Plus, not all members know these differences and how to figure out if their image is okay to use, so it's basically a rule to make it easier for everyone. Like Jen said, you can still post them as links, you just can't use them as your main avatar. The no animation thing is basically to make it easier to avoid trouble for epileptics, without us having to appoint four more mods just so we can get through piles of avatars that may or may not be harmful and breaking the rules. Therefore, a no animation rule. :wink:

Archived