LIMS Archive

Guest sevenpuddings

I vote out Set #1

First Icon - While the cropping is nice enough, I don't think the coloring really suits the icon, and the text doesn't look like it belongs.

Second Icon - I don't really like the texture behind the icon and I'm not fond of the general style. I dislike the coloring on the little pic in the middle as well. And I don't think the text suits.

Third Icon - The cropping and angle is quite good on this, except the glow, texture and text kind of ruins it. The coloring is good though.

If I sounded harsh, I apologise. I LOVE sets 2 and 3, though :)

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Icon 1 = WOW. That is the most gorgeous icon I've ever seen. The two icons go perfectly together on that icon, the coloring is great and the text goes so well. Big well done to the maker!

Icon 2 = Love the texture and the cropping

Icon 3 = The big and small writing look great together, and the coloring is really really nice!

Icon 1 = I really like the black bar at the end with the white text, it gives the icon a nice effect.

Icon 2 = Not so keen on the cropping although the text with the red around it looks good, and again gives the icon a nice effect. Although the font could have been smaller.

Icon 3 = I really like the cropping on this one :D

I just love both Set 1 and Set 2... all the icons in both these sets are really made well!

Set 1 - Love the green colouring used on all the icons and also love how the have been cropped and the placement of the writing etc. The third icon is my absolute favourite from this set... everything about it is lovely!

Set 2 - The cropping is very good and all the icons in this set. On the last icon i just love the writing... it's style, placement and the way the size used on the different words varies... this makes it all the more striking!

:)

Set 1 - I like the green lighting down in the bottom left of the first icon. Similarly with the matching green on the other two icons it ties it all together. The simple text of the 2nd is nice. I really like the texture on the 3rd plus the angle of the pic works really well.

Set 2 - I like the cropping of the first icon. Using a smaller black and white pic also makes it more interesting. The text is appropriate too. Not really a fan of the second icon, but I like the idea of having the squares down the left hand side with little pictures in them. Great cropping of the pic in the third, The large, plain text works well here too.

Weird how both of these sets have used the same font. :unsure:

1. :)

I like the greeny look on all of them. I think the text suits the first icon and the brush. The second icon is simple but effective and the third one is very unique! I think the green texture thing goes well with the cropping; the text goes well with the icon too. I love the third icon the most. :)

Reason why i chose 1 over 2 is although i love the first icon i'm not fond of the squares and circles on the second one. The third's cropping is a bit too close.

Both entries are good though.

Archived