LIMS Archive

Guest sevenpuddings

If it makes anyone feel any better I can't see a problem with any of them and it most definately wouldn't effect my voting. I am very impressed with all of the entries. Excellent work everyone. Unfortunately I have to do this so here goes. This has been very tough, much tougher than last time. but I will have to go for:

7 - All 3 icons are too similar, just basic head shots, and the cropping is not very interesting. I actually don't mind the first one but it is missing 'something'. The second one is a little too dull/dark and 'flat'. On the third one I am not sure about the colouring and it makes Delta look a bit scary

10 - Again I feel that the 3 icons are a touch similar. (big hair). I actually like the first one but I think the contrast of number 2 is too much. The third one is OK but it is a bit too plain and lacks a 'spark' to grab attention.

:)

EDIT: I forgot to say I really like sets 5 & 6.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohh...its a tough choice, but:

7 - I like the cropping of the first icon, however the reddish tinge, to me is abit too dark. The second Jodi icon isn't bad but is again too dark. The colouring of the Delta icon to me is just too dark and makes her look kinda evil and scary.

8 - I really like the first one it's great, especially the cropping. The second icon is nice, but I don't really like the text affect you have used - I mean those box thingys around/behind the font 'Rebecca Cartwright' (hopefully that makes sense!). In the third icon, I don't really like the colouring especially around her eyes. I personally think it makes her look abit evil and I personally am not a big fan of cropping in the centre of the picture. Also I think the colouring of all the icons is very similar, and I would really like to see the icon maker try some different colouring effects because they are obviously very talented & I'm keen to see what they may come up with.

Congratulations to everyone for entering! Everyone's enteries were beautiful and it was so hard to make that decision. I dread the later rounds. :)

Number 7 and 3 have been eliminated. You still vote for the least 2 icons that you like.

Also i tried that editing thing i didn't work but maybe i was doing it a bit wrong but in the end i changed them all to single except for 2 sets in the middle because it only fit then.

Oh man...this is really hard now! :(

#9 - The cropping is good, but I don't think the text matches very well. The colouring could be improved too. The 2nd one is good also, but IMO, it seems a bit plain, *scratches head* and the colouring also could be worked on a bit more. :) I like what you've done with the 3rd one, the colouring is fab,

#10 - I really like the text, but I'm not sure about the background effect. I think it would like better plain. On the 2nd one, again I don't really like the background checks, but the cropping is good. Perhaps play around with the colouring a bit more too. But the 3rd one is brilliant! If I knew who the creator was, I would be uploading right now! :D

I have been really picky, so I hope I don't sound too mean! All of them were great!

Set 1 – The first avatar, I’m not really liking the placement of the text, nor its colour, nor the fact its blurred in front of a white bar type thing. I think its placed in entirely the wrong position for the picture and its cropping. I like the second picture, but initially after seeing it, I thought I’d seen an avatar almost exactly the same in someone’s artwork thread… that being said, the third one I know I’ve seen a tutorial on LJ for, and I know the result is exactly the same. I’m not a fan of the cropping either, I think it should have shown either more of her face, or been moved over a bit to the right, but perhaps you didn’t even crop it yourself? I don’t know. Originality is the key to what I believe to be a nice set of avatars, and I don’t see any in yours.

Set 10 – I like the cropping of the first pictures, but I don’t think the text, its placement or the gradient suit the picture. The second is a bit pink/orange in places for my liking, as it emphasises her skin tone in a bad way rather than helping it. The third is cropped unusually, but I don’t think it adds to the icon. The colouring is rather blah, again, not adding to the picture nor the icon. There are parts that could have been emphasised but you went for a more placid look, which may be your style, but I feel a sharper, deeper coloured look may have suited the image more so.

Lord I sound like a cow, but I’d rather be constructive than simply say ‘they look plain.’ Sorry if I offend anyone. Just to throw in some praise, I'm falling more and more in love with 5&6 as I continue to see them.

Archived