LIMS Archive

Guest sevenpuddings

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^

I think anyone can. :) Just remember the

Rules for voting:

- Vote for the two sets of avatars you like the least.

- You must explain why you like them the least as opposed to others.

- You cannot simply write ‘I liked these more.’ Give the artist constructive criticism.

- Comment on such things as colouring, brushes, textures, cropping, font and the general over all style of the avatars, as opposed to the characters in them.

- You cannot vote for a set of avatars because you dislike the characters in them. This contest is about the avatars NOT the characters. If this is done, I will null your vote, and you will not be able to vote for the rest of the rounds.

- If you really love a particular set, tell the artists. They may be anonymous but they can still see the comments.

- Be fair while you are being critical. We all love ideas on improving, but remember each artist has their own style, and it’s not your right to tear it down because its not the style you would use.

- Each round will be open for two days. If you don’t cast your vote, it cannot be cast until the next round. This way the contest should be over without anyone getting bored and the next challenge can begin.

- All avatars are to remain anonymous until the end of the contest. I will post them all at the end, but please, I’d like them to remain anonymous until the end of the contest.

The two I like least of the remaining four are 9 and 11, these are technically very very good avatars..but I think they are not as original and unique as the others..and do not capture the essence of the characters or the scenes depicted in quite the same way as the other sod.

4: i like the 1st one. it has a nice affect. the 2nd i dont like. it is to dark & orange. makes them look to tan. 3rd is good but i dont like the style of it.

11: the 1st is too pale. could do some more colour. the second is the best one. nice affect. the last is too boring. doesnt have a good affect.

my fave is number 2 and i hope it wins.

This is the toughest vote yet <_<

I am going to have to go for:

2 - Love the colouring and cropping of the first one but i'm not too sure about the repeated image with the thick white border. I like the cropping of the second one but i don't particularly like the wording. The final one is excellent but if i was to say anything it is that, although the font size is quite small, the text 'Belle' distracts attention away from the great image.

4 - Firsty i'm not sure about the font on the first 2 icons. The first one is an interesting idea but it's a bit too light for me (I'm a fan of contrast). On the second one I think the cropping is nice but i'm not too keen on the three white lines on the right side and I think the colouring is a touch dark. I love the final one but i'm not a fan of the part repeated image.

:)

Round Five Complete

Numbers 4 & 11 have been eliminiated

Only Numbers 2 and 9 remain.

Round Six has begun.

During this round, please vote for the single set you like the least. Please remember to be critical while complimenting the avatars!

The winner will be announced on Sunday night at 9pm Aus EST.

Firstly I congratualations on getting this far to both icons 2 & 9.

Ahh this is soo hard to choose.... <_<

9 - The icons are great especially the first. In the 2nd icon I don't really like the text, i looks abit strange and out of place to me. In the third icon, I think the colouring down the bottom is abit too dark and again I don't really like the font used.

Good Luck to you both because both sets are fabulous :D

This competition was a great idea and well done to everyone for making some great icons :)

I have to say that I have loved set 9 from the beginning and I think they work really well as a set. I just adore the colouring on the first one. So because of that I am going to have to vote off set 2 and my reasons are the same as I said before:

I love the colouring and cropping of the first one but i'm not too sure about the repeated image with the thick white border. I like the cropping of the second one but i don't particularly like the wording. The final one is excellent but if i was to say anything it is that, although the font size is quite small, the text 'Belle' distracts attention away from the great image.

Archived