LIMS Archive

Guest sevenpuddings

10. These are ok, but to be honest, I'm not too sure on any of them. I don't think the text/brush exactly matches the first one. I like the colouring, but I think the purple part on the right is sort of distracting. The other two, just appear a bit plain to me, IMO. I only just noticed the text at the top of the second one. I think it should be positioned at the bottom. I'm not too sure about the last one. The colouring matches, but it doesn't..ok..I'm confusing myself here :P I think maybe more vibrant colors should be used.

1. I find the first one just a tad plain. I'm not too sure on the glowing text, either, nor the positioning. I think it would look much better if there wasn't any text. Something's just missing on the second one. I know it would probably ruin it if it was larger, but the text it pretty small. And, I'm sure i've seen the last icon before :unsure: But anyway, I'm not a fan of that type of cropping.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#1- The first is really pixelated and I don't really like anything about it. It doesn't have any spark whatsover. Sorry. The second, seems to be really similar to one of Melanie47's creations. And more could have been done. And the third, is exactly the same icon used for a tutorial! I think that the creator should have been alot more creative and original. Sorry if I'm too harsh.

#10- They aren't bad, but I'm not too sure on this set. The first looks a little too sharp, and I'm not a big fan of the colouring. The second, is a little boring, and Sharni's skin looks too burnt. Some more colours could have been added. The last is the best of the set, although it's missing something. Maybe it's just me, but there's something missing in my opinion.

This is getting harder everytime.

^^

Remember that they're pixelated beacuse Marki had to put them all together and save them as .jpg when originally they were .png. :wink:

No, the only ones that are now altered are the 5th and 6th sets as he couldnt change them back to normal. All other sets now have the single avatars that were entered.

9 - I don't mind the first one, even though I don't know who it is! I think the second one is a little flat as it's not a particularly interesting picture of Jessica. I think the background and foreground are kind of 'disconnected' too. I am actually finding the third one difficult to comment on as I have no idea what the original picture looked like. Erm.. I think it is an interesting picture but as an icon i'm not sure if it works as the background overshadows the building and the buidling's detail seems to have been lost because of this.

10 - Same reasons as before: I feel that the 3 icons are a touch similar ('big hair'). I actually like the first one but I think the contrast of number 2 is too much. The third one is OK but it is a bit too plain and lacks a 'spark' to grab attention.

:)

ok, my vote this time is:-

8, I'm not a big fan of these as I find the colours are bit too harsh and bright.

10- The 3rd of this set is ok, but a little too plain, not a fan of the first one, as i think the lips are too red and the second one os very similar with the hair standing out more than anything else in the avs

#9 - The cropping is good, but I don't think the text matches very well. The colouring could be improved too. The 2nd one is good also, but IMO, it seems a bit plain, and the colouring also could be worked on a bit more. I like what you've done with the 3rd one, the colouring is fab.

#6 - All the icons are nice, but they seem a little plain. *scratches head* Perhaps add some text or brushes or something...but they just lack a bit of spark. But I'm being VERY picky, so don't take offence, because they are still brilliant! :)

Set 2 - The first one, I'm not a fan of the placement of the text. Really, really not a fan. I think I personally (which isn't saying much) would have enjoyed it as it were before it. The second feels overloaded with textures and brushes and colour. It kind of, takes over from the original picture with just hides in the background... plus, the picture looks very long, like its stretched out. But that could be the original picture... I dont know. I like the third though, its nice :)

Set 9 - The first one, the colouring is a bit off. It seems a bit bright on one side, then dark on the other, and the red is a bit over emphasised for my liking. Also, I personal would have liked to see the text centered a bit more. The second one, the background doesn't match the picture with is overall way to purple for my liking. Tone it down a bit next time maybe? The third one, I like the picture, but the texture seems a bit out of place. It makes the picture that little bit brighter where it could have been faded a little... I think.

Set 4. I think the first is a little..light? I think it needs more vibrant colouring. It's a bit hard to see the tiny text, but I think it's better that way. I, myself, am not a fan of tiny text which has "big" spaces between each line (vertically). I like the second one, but am not too sure on the colouring. It seems a tad washed out, in a way, and I'm not really a fan of that type of thing (well for most things, anyway). Again with the tiny text, I don't really like it. I think the tiny text needs to be a bit smaller, or otherwise remove it and leave it with the heart. The cropping is ok. The third one, well, it's sort of hard to explain but it seems to be a bit blurred, with sharp bits, which I don't like. I think that just ruins it. The cropping is nice, though.

Set 6. I like all 3, but I think the first one is a bit blurry. I think the creator should of sharpened it, then faded the sharpen. The second one, I'm not such a fan of the colouring. I tend to prefer more vibrant colouring. I think this one could have some text on it, aswell. I like the third one, though :)

Archived