Heartbreak High!

Guest The Cure

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the very first series with Nick, Jodie, Con, Steve, Katerina, Yola, Dannielle and Rivers! The storylines that I remember from the early days are Jodie and Nick getting together, Nick's death and Rivers' affair with his teacher Sam.

Does anyone else remember the film the Heartbreak Kid? It was the film that led to the series I think. I still have it on video somewhere.... but where is a very good question!

Weren't those first scenes just classic. I loved all of those characters!

I remember that film! But only vaguely. Alex was quite a hottie back in the day!

Thanks so much for the addition of the last two parts of the last episode. =)

Is there any chance you could re-upload this part as its gone from the servers of yousend it?

Thanks alot for sharing all this with us Ming :)

- Dragan Drazic dies - full episode: part 1

You really dont know how much I appreciate this, thank you VERY much Ming.. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I have sad news, Ben Cannon who created Heartbreak High has died :(:( :

Cancer claims top producer

By Simon Ferguson

January 05, 2007 01:35am

Article from: The Daily Telegraph

ONE of Australia's most successful entertainment figures, Ben Gannon, yesterday lost his battle with cancer at his Tamarama home in Sydney.

Gannon, 54, last year received an Order of Australia for services to the performing arts in a 30-year career.

After graduating from NIDA in 1970, his first job was helping stage-manage the original Aussie Jesus Christ Superstar for Harry M Miller in London.

Eight years later he returned home as general manager of Robert Stigwood and Rupert Murdoch's R&R Films and was associate producer on Gallipoli.

Forming his own production company View Films, Gannon produced the TV mini-series Shout! The Story of Johnny O'Keefe and Shadow of the Cobra, then movies such as Travelling North with Leo McKern and The Heartbreak Kid.

Gannon produced 300 hours of TV, most notably the movie spin-off series Heartbreak High and a documentary on Peter Allen. That inspired him to create the Boy From Oz musical starring Todd McKenney before taking it to the US with Hugh Jackman.

Harry M Miller paid tribute to "a special man and a gentle soul".

Gannon's great friend Robert Fox said: "He was an optimist by nature. He had courage, he was a straight shooter, he was very determined."

He is survived by his partner Brian Abel.

• 2 weeks later...

I only watched this one summer during the school holidays but it was so good! I'v never seen it on tv over here in the UK since. I had no idea Drazic had died. Thats so sad. I also wish there was somewhere to download the episodes from because i only saw one series, and would love to see the others!

Archived