Heartbreak High!

Guest The Cure

I agree, its frustrating when they release 1 or 2 seasons and not the rest. I'm so sure these will be popular though because Aussie's loved it back then and there is still a huge following over in France and the UK - they're sure to sell.

I agree. It's so frustrating when they don't release the entire series on DVD. They only released the first four seasons of a TV show I loved over here. In France, they only released the first season and I have never seen them in London. I don't want to buy the other four seasons from the USA as my DVD player can't play region 1 DVDs. :( I've seen them on Amazon.de (Germany) and they say the discs are for all regions but they only mention English as a language and Spanish as subtitles. They don't even mention German in the languages or subtitles, which I find very suspicious as TV shows and movies are usually dubbed in Germany so I'm pretty sure it's the US version.

Back on topic! I remember how big Heartbreak High was in France back then. It was a bit successful in the French part of Belgium as well. It was when I started reading teen mags and the actors (Callan, Rel and Lara) were often featured in them. It'd be interesting if the DVDs were released in France or the UK. If I decide to buy them, I'll probably be more tempted to buy them in the UK as the prices go down a lot quicker than in France (at least most of the time). In France, the prices of TV shows stay high for quite a while from what I've seen on amazon.fr and in the shops over there.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe the Scream 4 DVD release date has been changed to next week now. It was supposed to come out back in August but the date got changed to the 6th of October now its been changed again to the 13th I was really look forward to watching it this Friday night now I have to wait another week

I'd get it straight away at that price but I wouldn't pay $50-$60 for it.I went into JB today but didn't see it.I might go to Target next week and have a look.I saw Glee there for $55 but i'll wait awhile coz i'm not even paying that much for Glee which I love.

$37.99 at Jb HI-Fi online - I reckon that's a pretty decent price - it's pre-order (they are waiting for it to arrive) so I dont know if it will stay at that price. I doubt we'll get it cheaper unless we wait it out. I just ordered - free shipping too. Hopefully it will arrive some time next week.

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd-gen...series-1/653370

Only 5 seasons?I always thought there were more.Maybe I watched repeats or something when I was younger.Drazic was my favourite so I hope they release the whole series.It annoys me when they release one or two then stop.I fail to see the point in that.

I've just been reading threw some episode guides and there were actually 7 series, but it was filmed over 5 years so I'm not sure how they worked it all out in terms of shooting. I presumed 5 years on air, five series - they must have had a couple of series start in the same year.

There were also more than 26 episodes in the first series (the first 26 episodes are on the first DVD) and then the second series had 14 episodes - so if they release the next DVD with the same number of episodes as the first (26) - it will actually be the last half of the first series along with the complete second series - which rounds it all off ready for the third series starting in the third box set.

Its because each year the networks were asked to produce different amounts of episodes per series. It looks like, if they do release the entire show, it will be spread out over 7 or 8 box sets. There were 210 episodes made all together.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally arrived yesterday, watched the first three episodes! Can't wait to keep watching, its really cool to have them on DVD in high quality. I so hope they release the entire series, I suppose it will depend on sales of this first one, it needs to be promoted - it isn't even on the official HBH site!

... Speaking of promotion, I just found this on Youtube.

Edit: The official site now has a entry on the home page regarding the DVD. It also states that a Season 2 DVD set is in the pipeline! :)

I usually look on the ezydvd site for future releases and if I remember correctly s2 is mentioned for a future release but no date.

I originally went ti JB but couldn't find it so I went to Target and got it for $42.

I was in another JB the next day and saw it for #38 so was a little annoyed,lol.It was at my feet though.I only saw it because I looked down at a box i almost knocked over.It needs much more promotion and to not be hidden.

ETA.Apparently it wasn't on EZYDVD but i'm sure I saw it somewhere.Not the jb site.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived