Heartbreak High!

Guest The Cure

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'm really enjoying re watching the show - I forgot just how gritty and risque it was for a teen based drama and it is so multi cultural, I mean actually the first 2 seasons revolve heavily around non-white Australian's; I also love how dirty the locations are, its so inner-city!

As far as I'm aware, ABC acquired the rights too all seasons so that they can have a daily drama in their ABC3 schedules. I hope they continue and show all of them too, the pace changes a bit after the first season with the introduction of the Shark Pool and most of the current cast have moved on by the end of season 2...

Not sure about Chaka and Rivers, they're already 'together' in a sense.

I think its typical that Heartbreak High would be considered boring because most of whats on ABC3 is aimed at 5-13 year olds so they either don't watch HBH, aren't aloud to, dont like it or just dont like it because it is 'old'. Whatever happens I hope they dont axe HBH. I'd like to see what the ratings are.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeps!! Finally! I'm crossing my fingers that they will release the entire series; there were only 5 seasons, so I'm sure five DVD box sets would be commercially viable. After the way ABC3 ripped the episodes off after the 1996 season due to complaints by the young viewers, I was peeved but not surprised at all - so please.... lets hope the whole thing is released and no one has to complain ever again!

I did record them when they were on ABC3 but they have the watermark in the corner and my digital box always seemed temperamental when HBH was on so some times it would crash or stall so I've missed a few episodes. I'm looking forward to having them in great quality on DVD. I love the first season too, like I said a few posts up, its so inner-city and full of grunge, its awesome.

Archived