Heartbreak High!

Guest The Cure

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some great episodes in Series Two, some quite emotional ones also. I just finished watching episode 48, very sad and moving performances.

Looking forward to watching the rest over the next week then roll on Series 3!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not so far. I do fear that they won't end up releasing all series, but I hope they do. I think maybe they should have released the entire show as a box set instead of as individual series. That way some would get to jump straight to the Draz/Anita era (that I'm sure will be the most popular when it comes to sales).

I noticed that sometimes they have been promoting the DVD's but using images of the cast from 96-onwards instead of 93-95 - this could have mislead some people and now they're not bothering to buy until the later DVD's are released, but if that's the case, they may never get released.

Having said that, I've only watched 3 episodes from Series 3 so far. I want to give myself a bit of a break instead of watching a couple of episodes per week.

^Having said all of that - I just noticed that Season Three is sold out at the Umbrella site and both Season One and Two have been sold out and gone into re-printing before. Surely that's a positive sign. Still, I wish they would release the seasons all together instead of spreading them out with the possibility of future seasons not being released.

• 4 months later...

... And as guessed, I've just been on the Facebook page and Umbrella say that there aren't any plans to release further series on DVD in the immediate future!! :( Despite that, all of the Heartbreak High DVD's are listed in their top Best Sellers.

I'm disappointed, just as the show was reaching the best point (Imo). I'll hold on to hope that they decide to carry on at some point next year, but won't hold my breath. I still think they screwed up by releasing each series individually rather than every episode in a box set. I presume there are more fans of the show from the Draz/Anita era (from 1995-onwards).

Archived